Part 75. One Last Time

Hey Everyone,

I know you all are super mad at me for disappearing again. But I just couldn't get myself to write this chapter. But I have finally succeeded and it has been a difficult task to pen this one down.

I'm beginning to feel I'm not as good a writer as I thought I was. This chapter has taken a toll on my mental well-being. And it wouldn't have if I was a good writer!

Anyway, I hope you guys like the chapter. It's a long one!

Happy Reading!

-SV

———————————————————

Manik had pushed all his friends out of his room asking them to give him some time to get dressed so they could leave for college. Nandini's last words kept echoing in his head
'I had decided your punishment would be that you had to honor your commitment to FAB5 and sing for Musicana this year. So if you really feel guilty about hurting me from last night, I'd like you to go back to music. At least this one last time. But the rest is up to you.'

Of course he would honor every single word she said and wanted. That was the least he could do for her. So no matter what his mental, physical or emotional state would be, but he'd fulfil every single wish Nandini had. But he needed to cry before that. He needed to let this angst and weight on his chest go. He needed to cry and cry out loud hoping he'd feel better after.

He locked himself inside the bathroom and turned the shower on and sat down on the floor and cried his heart out. He cried and cried until no tears were left for him to shed.

And as expected, it didn't help him feel any better.

He somehow gathered himself and got dressed knowing his friends were waiting for him and also staying in his room was making it difficult for him to breathe. Every little thing and every single corner reminded him of Nandini and now was not the time to lose himself. He had a whole lifetime to drown himself in all things Nandini. But right now, he needed to get himself together to fulfil the last thing she had asked of him.

Cabir, Mukta, Alya and Dhruv were waiting for Manik to get ready so they could go to college. They didn't plan on leaving him alone even for a second today. As soon as they saw him come down dressed, they noticed his blood red eyes and all of them knew he had cried but didn't mention it because they knew Manik won't talk about it. As soon as they were going to leave, the butler called Manik stopping them.

Ramesh - Manik baba. Aap breakfast nahi karenge? Nandini madam ne aapke liye omelet banane ke liye kaha tha.
(Manik Sir, won't you have breakfast? Nandini madam had asked to prepare an omelet for you.)

Manik was about to deny as he had absolutely no appetite but he immediately thought about how Nandini wouldn't let him leave the house without breakfast and hence, he decided to stop and eat.

Manik - Haan. Theek hai. Guys, let's have breakfast and go. I'm sure you guys also haven't eaten.
(Yes, alright. Guys, let's have breakfast and go. I'm sure you guys also haven't eaten.)

He went and sat on the breakfast table waiting for the butler to get his food. As soon as he saw his omelet and toasts along with his orange juice on the table, his mind went back to a memory of Nandini telling him how she doesn't like eggs so much and the next moment, didn't want to eat it.

Manik - Ramesh Kaka, aapne Nandini ke liye kya banaya tha? Aap mujhe woh de dijiye. Aur filter coffee bhi.
(Ramesh Uncle, what had you made for Nandini? Can you please give me that? And some filter coffee too.)

None of the others said anything about it. But Cabir, as usual, tried to deflect the situation and lighten up the mood a little bit.

Cabir - Thank god tu yeh nahi kha raha. You know omelets are my pehla pehla pyaar.
(Thank god you're not eating this. You know omelets are my first love)

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें