Part 72. A Web of Love

Hey everyone,

How are you guys?

Firstly, thank you for all your wishes on the note I had put up and being supportive so far. I know a lot of you have asked me how I am and apologies I haven't responded to you guys because I was feeling so guilty of not writing and uploading.

But I am much better now. Therapy has helped me a lot and I have recovered from my surgery as well.

However, there's one more reason this update is delayed and I'll tell you about it at the end of this chapter.

Hope reading!! ♥️♥️♥️

—————————————————————
Manik and Nandini both had had the most difficult day but neither of them were close to falling asleep. Manik still had his head on Nandini's lap while she rested her back on the headboard. He had finally stopped crying but he was still very much awake. The day had not worn off on him. Nandini was running her fingers through his hair trying to comfort him and make him eventually fall asleep but sleep was miles away for him. However, neither of them were saying anything. Nandini was waiting for Manik to talk if he wanted to and Manik didn't know what to say.

Manik finally broke the silence when he faintly heard the living room clock strike 3.

Manik - So jao Nandini. It's 3 am.

Nandini - Tum so jao.. Toh main bhi so jaungi...

Manik - I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Nandini - Hmmm...

She continued to run her fingers in her hair waiting for him to talk again. But she got a little restless when he still didn't say anything.

Nandini - Talk to me Manik. How much will you keep everything inside of you? You need to let it all out.

Manik - You saw what happened when I let it out in the evening. I don't want to say something and hurt you again.

Nandini - The reason you said all those things was because you kept everything inside of you all day and didn't deal with anything until you couldn't ignore it anymore. And then you said everything without thinking.

Manik got up from her lap and sat opposite her on the bed and held her face.

Manik - Meri galtiyon ko itna defend mat karo. No matter how angry or hurt or in pain I am, I have no right to insult you or our relationship. I haven't been able to breathe properly ever since those words came out of my mouth. I feel so ashamed of myself. How could I? How could I say that to you? How dare I say those words to you? Jabse ghar aaya hoon, all I was thinking is how I'm going to lose you. I thought I had pushed away the single most ray of light in my life - you. When everyone started knocking on my door, I heard everyone but I didn't hear your voice and I lost all hope at that time. All this while, I felt so guilty, Nandini. And I have never felt so scared. I realised that I can't live without you. Main tumhare bina kuch bhi nahi hoon. I'm just so completely incomplete without you. And when that occurred to me, I had to come and see you. I decided I would spend my whole life repenting and redeeming myself but I couldn't let you go. And just when I opened the door, there you were right in my arms.

He pulled her closer and kissed her forehead and pulled her into his arms.

Manik - You have no idea how happy and how relieved I was when I saw you.

Nandini heard everything he said and started crying out of happiness. However, Manik misunderstood her tears and immediately broke the hug and wiped her tears immediately.

Manik - Sorry Nandini. I swear I won't ever say anything like that again. And do anything to make it up to you.

Nandini - Anything? Are you sure you'll do anything to make it up to me?

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें