Part 73. The Battle of the Mind

Hey guys,

How are you?

I'm sure all of you are super excited for the new season to come in on Friday and are all over the moon with all the #Manan content coming in.

But in case any one in still interested in my story, here's another part. Leave your comments and let me know if you like the chapter.

Happy Reading! ♥️

————————————————————

Nandini woke up the next morning and felt herself being held tighter than usual by Manik. She very gradually got Manik to loosen his hold on her without waking him up. She wanted him to sleep a little longer and rest a little. He had had a horrible day yesterday and he deserved the little extra sleep that he could get today. As she carefully came out of his arms, she saw him sleeping like a cute child with his mouth a little open. But then she saw the dark circles under his eyes and a few dried tears as well. She realized he had woken up in the middle of the night and had again cried himself to sleep. She cursed herself for sleeping through it and not being there for him. Nevertheless, she lightly kissed his eyes and very carefully got out of the bed to start her day, running into the washroom to do her morning chores quickly. She had a lot to do today. One of the major things being to ensure Manik eats well today as he had barely eaten anything all of the previous day. And the other thing was to ensure he plays his guitar again. Music was a part of his soul and she wasn't going to let Nyonika take away his soul.

She quietly got out of his room shutting the door behind her and ran to the kitchen to ask the butlers to make Manik's favorite eggs and his earl gray tea for breakfast. She knew he would be up soon not feeling her besides him. She went back to his room once again quietly tiptoeing around to not wake him up. She was looking around the room for her phone. She had not checked it since last evening after she texted Chachi that she would stay back at Manik's. But that was more than 12 hours ago and she had to make sure she called again to ensure everything was okay.

Despite her being as quiet as possible, Manik's sleep still got disturbed due to the slight shuffling of her feet and small little noises. Normally, he would sleep through it but today was not every other day. He opened his eyes and realized Nandini was not sleeping next to him which made him jerk up on his bed calling out her name. Nandini immediately ran towards him when she saw him up.

Nandini - Hey.. Maine tumhe utha toh nahi diya na? Did I disturb your sleep?

Manik - Nahi. I'm okay.

He put his arms around her waist and hid his face in her chest as she stood next to his bed running her fingers through his head.

Nandini - Good morning sleepy head.

Manik just hugged her tighter in return. All his mind kept thinking was how this was probably his last morning with her, how he was never going to hug her like this again, how he was never going to smell her sweet scent again and how he was going to terribly miss everything about her.

Nandini - Chalo Manik. Let's get up and start our day. You need to have a nice shower and then have a good hearty breakfast and then, we'll go to college for Musicana...

Manik - No. I don't want to go anywhere.

Manik didn't want to start his day. He was not ready to do what he had to. He wanted to procrastinate every moment of today just so he could stay with Nandini a little longer in his fantasy world and face reality.

Nandini - Come on Manik. These are your last days of college. You have to go.

Manik - No. I don't want to.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें