KYY Season 4 - Penny for your Thoughts?

Hey Everyone,

How have you guys been?

I know you guys have been waiting for me to update (at least some of you). But unfortunately, I haven't gotten myself to write at all the last few months and there are a lot of reasons for that. But this is not a post of me trying to make 'bahanas' but just me trying to express or rather vent about everything I'm feeling about KYY.

Like all of you, I was very very excited for Season 4 to come. And I did wait with baited breath for 2nd December 2022. However, I was very disappointed on that day to know that they were releasing 2 episodes a week only. I mean, after making everyone wait for more than 4 years, I would've at least expected them to release all their episodes together.

Anyway, I finally made peace with watching 2 episodes each Friday and as the episodes kept passing by, I don't know why I got a little happy and a little sad at the same time. So I thought I'll share my view on Season 4 with you guys.

When the season started off with Manik and Nandini separated and both of them in immense pain with the distance, I was expecting a really good reason for their breakup. Manik, as usual, really lived up to his character by becoming a full Devdas without Nandini. I don't know why but I love seeing how helpless and hopeless Manik becomes without Nandini in his life and how he just needs her so desperately to function normally. It's like the most romantic thing ever.

However, I didn't understand Nandini at all. I get that she was angry, hurt and broken beyond measure. But it was weird that Nandini didn't care about Manik going missing for more than 6 months. Especially after she broke up with him. It's not news to Nandini that Manik is very dependent on her to survive. So didn't she care at all when she didn't hear from him for such a long time?

As the story progressed with a lot of other characters (none of them, according to me, managed to leave their imprint behind), we could clearly see that Manik and Nandini still loved each other but Nandini could still not see through how hurt and hollow he felt. And Manik trying everything possible to ensure she stayed in his life. And she continued to blame him for killing their baby, to save her life. That is not the Nandini Murthy we know.

I know I may not be able to relate to losing a baby or post-partum depression. And I absolutely am with Nandini on feeling those feelings when they were fresh and she had just lost the baby. But I don't understand how she thought Manik didn't care even after almost a year passed to that incident? Even when he went missing? Did she really need to see him with another baby to realise that he wanted the baby? How was she not able to read him like always?

And how is Manik not angry that she misread him? He was so angry during the time she didn't trust him for the Soha's murder hearing. But here, Nandini accused him for wishing their child away and he was taking it all. I understand him doing this initially when she had the miscarriage keeping in mind her state of mind. But why is he not mad at her now? After so many months? When she continues to blame him?

And this is what I think is the major flaw in the storyline. I feel like the whole plot was flawed based on Manik and Nandini's relationship history. After moving mountains to be with each other, it seemed a
little unconvincing that they would break up because of misunderstanding each others feelings. Especially Nandini misunderstanding Manik when she never needed words to understand him.

And the other very very annoying bit is how Voot handled the whole season. Firstly, by releasing 2 episodes each week, which didn't let the intensity build for any of the characters. And secondly, by splitting the season into 2. Season 4 by itself was not enough to make an impact because it didn't give any closure to the audience and nor did it give enough MaNan content for fans who have been waiting for this for more than 4 years.

Voot clearly wanted to mint money on subscriptions from all fans, who have been paying for a premium subscription since December now. And in that process, ruined our show for us. I, as a fan, am so frustrated that I almost want to give up on the show and move on in life. And this half-hearted season has ruined my zeal to want to write on them either as they ruined the characters for me a little bit.

What are your thoughts on Season 4? Would love to know.

PS - Guys, this is my opinion only. I do not want to fight with anyone of you in the comments if you disagree with me. Please keep it light and friendly.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें