A Sick Day

--------------------------------------------

Yang x (Centaur)FemReader

Requested by Midari-ikishima-

--------------------------------------------

-Y/n's Pov-

I have known Yang since I've been at Beacon, I am a year below her and she was the one that asked if she could show me around the campus. After that day of her showing me around, I got to meet the rest of her team and we all became close. I was especially close with Blake since she was a Faunus also, you see I am a centaur, which is half horse and half-human. This did lead me to get bullied because of how I looked, I guess I'm not what people would have thought that I would look like.

It was always Cardin that would bully me, along with the rest of his team but that was until Yang came over and stood up for me. She just looked so cool with the way that she handled them, so I wanted to get closer to her, and you might be asking "Well what about your team". Let's just say that I don't have a team, I was put on a solo team but it's not like anyone would have wanted to be on the same team as me anyway.

But I don't need a team, I am perfectly capable on my own but I do enjoy the company of Yang and her team. Ruby would try and race me all the time, I would talk about Faunus's rights with Blake and we would read books together, with Weiss we would study and she would lecture me on always being alone. She would say that it is good to have at least one person with you and stuff like that.

Yang, on the other hand, was always outgoing with me and wanted me to do everything with either her or her team. She is like my best friend now, it's great she always takes care of me and includes me whenever she can to make me feel comfortable. But right now I am not doing too well, it seems that I've gotten sick. I don't know how but maybe I was near a student that was sick and they got me sick, stupid person if you are sick, just stay home idiot.

Currently, I am laying in my bed sick as a dog, or horse in this case cuddled under my blanket trying to get some sleep. Just as my eyes are about to call, my scroll starts ringing so I turn towards my dress and see that it is Yang calling me. So I answered.

Y/n: *yawns* Hey Yang

Yang: Hey Y/n... are you alright you don't sound too good.

Y/n: Not real- Achoooo!... fuck man

Yang: Woah there, bless you but what's up with you?

Y/n: Thank you, I'm just a little under the weather

Yang: So you are saying that you are sick? If you are I can come and take care of you.

Y/n: No, you really don't have to do that for me. I'm fine really.

Yang: Yeah no, be there in a few minutes.

She then hung up on me as she ended her statement. I just let out a sigh as I laid back down and waited for Yang to come and take care of me.

-Yang's Pov-

Once Y/n confirmed my suspicions that she was sick, I became worried since she wasn't feeling well and I wanted to take care of her. As soon as I hung up the phone I started to get something ready to take to Y/n's dorm room. The team saw me shuffling to get things together but stopped me before I could leave.

Ruby: Hey Yang, where are you going?

Yang: I'm going to Y/n's dorm cause she's sick

Blake: Wow really, do you want help taking care of her

Weiss: Yea, we can all help out

Yang: Really! That would be great

After we all decided to go, I grabbed my bag and we all walked out of the dorm and headed for Y/n. Once at the door, I gave it a firm knock only to get a sneeze from inside in return causing me to chuckle as I attempted to open the door only to find that it is locked so I called out to Y/n.

Yang: Y/n, can you open the door for me?

Y/n: Al-alright, be right there in a second

We heard rustling from behind the door then the door unlocked and opened to reveal Y/n with a blanket over her head. I smiled at her appearance and her eyes widened when she saw the rest of the team there too. They gave her a wave as we pushed our way into the room as Weiss told Y/n to lay back down.

Y/n did as Weiss said as she went back to her bed and laid on her side trying to get comfortable. Blake tapped my shoulder and motioned to the back that I brought making me realize that I still haven't taken it off yet to help with anything. 

Yang: Oops... Anyway, I brought some stuff that can help you get better. I have water, a washcloth, and a thermometer.

Y/n: Wow, thanks Yang but you really didn't have to come and take care of me, I would have been fin-

Weiss: Don't even finish that sentence, what have we told you that you don't have to be alone anymore you have us to rely on.

Y/n just looked down at her lap and I could tell that she was feeling bad so I tried to change the direction of the conversation by taking out all my stuff from my bag that I brought and setting it on the bedside table. I turned to Ruby and asked her if she could wet the washcloth to put on Y/n's forehead and they zoomed away being back almost immediately. I thanked her and walked over to Y/n as I moved her hair from her face and placed the washcloth on her.

She sighed in content while closing her eyes, Blake took this chance to pull her blanket up and cover her lower half with it. Ruby grabbed the thermometer and held it to Y/n while asking her to open her mouth, after taking her temperature it was clear that she had a slight fever of 100 degrees. We were changing the cloth on her head when we came back only to see that she had fallen asleep.

The rest of the team was going to leave since it was getting late but I said that I could stay behind in case Y/n woke up and needed something. They left me with her as I sat in a chair next to her bed, just watching her, which sounds a little creepy but she just looked so peaceful. I leaned over towards her and started to stroke her hair causing her to stir as her eyes slowly opened.

They weren't fully open, just a crack as she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her making me lay in the bed with her. I was surprised at her strength even though it seemed like she was still asleep practically but I slowly relaxed and wrapped my arms around her. I guess she just wanted to be cuddled while she slept, maybe it comforts her when she is sick or something. I closed my eyes as I uttered one last thing to her.

Yang: Good night Y/n

*Timeskip to the following week*

-Y/n's Pov-

I was feeling good as new and it was all with the help of team rwby but mostly Yang since she stayed by my side the entire time while I was recovering. The funny part is that Yang ended up getting sick.

Yang: I hate you Y- *Sneezes*

Y/n: What was that Yang, you were kind of interrupted.

Yang tried to throw her pillow at me while I was laughing but I moved to the side so it would hit Ruby instead. Ruby turned around to face me and I shrugged and pointed at her sister saying that she did it. In retaliation, Ruby threw the pillow back, I laughed twice as hard as it hit Yang in the face.

Y/n: Come on guys, be nice. You need rest Yang if you're ever going to get better.

Yang: I wonder whose fault it is that I got sick.

Y/n: Yours, you didn't have to take care of me

Yang: Yes I did cause I care about you and you need to be healthy.

Blake: And as you can see, she is better so please be quiet and get some sleep Yang

Yang huffed in return and she buried herself in the blankets grumbling how it wasn't fair and that everyone was being mean to her. We all looked at each other and laughed at her reaction. Eventually, Yang did fall asleep which made me sigh in relief that she is going to get better soon. Now it was my turn to utter the same thing she did me.

Y/n: Good night Yang.