May Marigold x FemReader

--------------------------------------

Requested by Pinkhairlife

--------------------------------------

-Y/n's Pov-

How long has it been now since she left? I lost track of the days after the first year but still find my mind wandering back to her. After all, May and I have been friends since we were kids, and for her to just leave me behind it kinda hurt. But now I'm going on my own way as I kept to myself after she left since she was one of the only people that I talked to in Atlas. Of course, I understand exactly why she left with the Marigolds saying that about her, I would be pretty pissed as well.

I miss her terribly but I know that chances of running into her again are as close to nothing because why would she come back to Atlas. Lots of bad memories here so I don't blame her for staying away but maybe just coming by once won't hurt, now I just sound selfish. Wanting her to come back just for me and who knows, maybe she forgot about me since she left a couple of years ago.

To make things even worse for myself, once she left I started to realize that I developed feelings for her as more than friends. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, maybe I'm just hoping for luck to be on my side just for once and I could at least see her again. It's funny, I kinda remember it like it was yesterday...

-time travel to young y/n's pov-

Y/n: May are you ready to go play?

I ran up to her as she was sitting against a tree with her head back and her eyes closed but they quickly opened as she heard my voice.

May: Yea let's go n/n

Taking hold of her hand, I ran towards the woods that were at the back of my house before stopping and turning May around.

Y/n: Alright we are going to play hide and seek, you will be seeking first and I will be hiding

May gave a nod in return as she covered her eyes and started the count to ten, I sprinted into the woods trying to find a place and I stopped at a tree. Looking up into it, I saw a spot that would be perfect to sit in and hide so I started my climb but I was a bit clumsy and I got a few scratches. Once I got to the spot, I could hear May yell out "Ten, ready or not here I come", I giggled before I tried my best to stay quiet.

It has been a few minutes and I heard a noise, thinking it was May I looked down only to scream when I saw a Beowolf staring right up at me.

-timeskip years later but still the past-

May has become super protective of me after that incident that left a rather nasty scar on my leg but luckily May got my moms, who were huntress, and they saved me. After that moment, May has stuck with me but something seemed off about her recently I'm not sure if it's because of me or what. I really hope that I didn't do something to upset her because I don't want her to hate me and not want to see me again.

Right now I am sitting on my bed resting a bit when I hear my mom call out to me.

Mom: Y/n sweetie, May is here and she said that she wanted to talk to you

Y/n: Alright I will be there in a couple of seconds

I started to get nervous, what could she want to take about, a bunch of different options was going through my head as I walked down the stairs. May was standing at the front door motioning for me to come close. Once I got to the door, she grabbed my wrist and started to pull me out, not wanting to resist I just followed along with her. She led me a little bit away from the house, I guess for privacy, as she took a deep breath before talking.