I Didn't Mean To

----------------------------------

(Cold)Cinder x (Sensitive)FemReader

Requested by KingSaber611

----------------------------------

-Y/n's Pov-

Cinder: Oh my Oum Y/n! Why are you always so useless?!

I took a step back not knowing what to do, everything started to feel numb. Cinder has never yelled at me before, I've seen how she acts with others but this is the first time that she ever raised her voice at me. I could feel my chest getting tighter as my eyes started to sting so I did what I usually do when I'm about to cry... I run to my room and lock myself in.

So that is what I did, I turned and ran away from Cinder not wanting her to hate me even more if I started crying. She would probably find me more annoying if I started to cry and maybe even yell at me more but that would only cause me to cry more. Once I got back to my room, I ran in and shut the door quickly locking it behind me before I pressed my back against the door. I tried my hardest to get my breathing under control as I didn't want to have a panic attack, my body sliding down the door until I sat down.

I curled my legs up and hugged my knees to my chest trying to focus on literally anything else that would make me happy. As I was lost in my mind I was started by a knock at the door, I was scared to answer it thinking that it might be Cinder so I decided to stay quiet covering my mouth to keep my breathing quiet. The knocking went silent, or so I thought, so I let out a shaky breath and that is when I heard the voice from the other side of the door.

???: Y/n?

I immediately froze, my mind not being able to process who was the owner of the voice, I slowly turned my head towards the door as they spoke again.

???: Y/n please open the door it's Em...

Emerald? I just looked up at the door for a couple of minutes before slowly reaching up and unlocking the door. The door knob turned and the door started to open but I was still sitting in front of the door so it bumped into me. It moved back before trying to open again and bumping me again almost pushing me over, before I heard a sigh.

Emerald: Y/n could you please move from in front of the door so I can get in?

I didn't give a verbal response slowly scooting to the side as the door opened and in came Emerald. She looked down at me seeing my red eyes and tear-stained cheeks making her face turn to one of sympathy.

Emerald: I heard about what happened, I'm sorry she yelled at you. She was under a lot of stress from some newbies that were causing her a real headache, which still doesn't excuse her for how she reacted toward you.

As my eyes locked with hers, my lip started to quiver as I reached for her needing comfort and to be held more than anything. Immediately, Emerald bent down and engulfed me in a big and tight hug, which I returned while squeezing her back. I felt movement before I was lifted up, making me yelp, which got a chuckle out of Emerald as she moved us to my bed laying down with me on top of her. I snuggled into her as her arms wrapped around me, keeping me close to her as I listened to her calm breathing and heartbeat.

Y/n: Th-thank you

Emerald: Hush don't get all mushy with me

Y/n: B-but I-

She shushed me before pressing my head against her chest, silently telling me to stop talking and just relax. I didn't realize just how relaxed I was and before I knew it my eyes shut and sleep overcame me.