CHAPTER 31

The past week escalated quite fast. Inha pulled me out of the hostal and showed me around the city.

She also treated a lot of street food and we went shopping. At the room Inha and I would have movie nights once in a while, we both had a lot in common so we got along really well. It was really fun.

We finally got out of the counter after getting our treys and were gonna sit on our regular seats... that's when I spotted Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung sitting in the same table.

I was surprised to see all three popular guys sit on the same table chugging down their food. The other day during one of my classes I overheard the girls sitting beside me fangirling over the three of them, I tried to get into a conversation with them and find out more about the three.

After a half wholeass hour I figured out that the three of them were called 'the heartthrobs' of the uni. I cringed hard at the title they gave them.

They described Hoseok and Taehyung as outgoing and cheerful ones while Jimin, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. They described him as a person who is as cold as Ice. He is someone who talks to people well and would help them if they needed any kind of help but he would not hesitate to take the life out of them if they tried to cross the line so no girls dared to even flirt with him.

After hearing this I became more curious about them and some part of me wanted to get close to them, So...

"Inha wanna join the boys for lunch?" I asked stopping her when she was on her way to our seats.

"Boys? who?"

"Them-" I pointed towards the direction of them. Her eyes widened who I was pointing.

"Um... No, they wouldn't want to-" I just pulled her by her arm and headed towards them.

"Y/n! what are you doing?!" She hissed.

"Umm... hey.. would you mind if we joined you guys." I kindly asked looking at them. They looked at me then at Inha with aghast.

"Umm..." Taehyung let out a peal of nervous laughter while hey then looked at each other not understanding what to reply.

"I told you they don't like me." Inha looked down tugging my sleeve.

"Hey, it's not like that... fine you guys can join," Hoseok replied feeling guilty about what Inha said.

"Thanks..." I replied with a smile and placed my food tray on the table.

We finally settled down, it was Taehyung and me on one side and Jimin, Hoseok and Inha on the opposite side.

There you go, the awkward silence kicked in. I did not know how to start a conversation, I just spat out what came to my mind so that I can end this uncomfortable silence.

"How do you guys know each other?" I asked curiously. I was curious about this the whole time, normally the popular guys of the unis or colleges are not at all close, at least that is what I have seen in movies. They describe their friendship like as if they'll rip each other's head apart to get the girl or whatever they are fighting for.

"We were Highschool classmates," Taehyung replied gulping down his food.

"Oh wow... You guys know each other since high school." I clapped my hands in excitement. I was astonished to know they are friends since Highschool... that means they know each other for seven years.

"Yeah.." Hoseok let out a dry chuckle.

"Wait a minute." I turned towards Inha

"You told me that you used to live here three years ago and you have known Hoseok since childhood..."

"Yeah, we went to the same Highschool..." Inha said looking down concentrating on her meal.

'They do have History' I thought to myself if they went to the same high school then why are they not friends with Inha. I mean Inha is so sweet and kind, why don't they like her.

"So, tell us about yourself. How were your high school days?" Taehyung asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"My high school days?" I signed as I chuckled. " I don't have many happy memories of my high school days... my high school days were nightmares I guess, I was an outcast and barely had friends... No one even cared about my presence at school... So high school days did not mean much to me..." I smiled weakly. They all looked speechless.

We were just talking about various topics and I was not able to hold it inside more.

"So, can I ask why you guys and Inha do not get along well..." I guess I was not in the right mind.

"Can you stop being nosy?! You know you can clearly see we are not comfortable answering such question but you keep on going... Why on earth do you want to know about our past so bad?!?!" Shout out the person who was quiet the whole time.

I guess the girls were right when they said Jimin will not hesitate to take the life out of the person who crosses the line. He was staring at me with bloodshot eyes.

JIMIN's POV

"I- I was just asking... You guys seemed nice... I wanted to befriends with you guys..." She replied. She was shocked to see me react that way.

"Whatever." I glared at her as I picked my backpack and stormed out of the cafeteria as I was not able to take it anymore.

"Ah Y/n.. Don't mind him, he is just sensitive..." Tae said as he picked his backpack and rushed behind me.

"Jimin-ah!!" He called rushing behind me.

I was running further to find a place where there are no people as my eyes were getting teary. Tae was also running behind calling my name multiple times.

I finally slowed down as I reached the backside of the Uni. The sentence 'My Highschool days do not mean much to me.' Kept on playing on repeat inside my head.

"Jimin-ah... Calm down!" Tae held my arm trying to stop me.

"Calm down?! How the fuck am I suppose to calm down when she says Highschool days do not mean much to her!?" I yacked his arm and yelled at him while tears escaped my eyes.

I just sat down leaning on the wall holding my head with my palm.

"Jimin-ah... She doesn't remember..." He said trying to soothe me.

"How can she say no one noticed her presence... I missed her like I fucking missed her every day, her presence meant the world to me... I thought about her every fucking day and was worried how she was doing... how can she say something like that so effort... effortlessly..." I started sobbing.

"It's alright..." He replied patting my back while seeing me like this.

"And why is she now curious about us and our past?! I was trying my best to leave the past behind and move on... and now... she's back... looking at me those eyes... as if I did not mean anything to her..." He hugged me and cried with me.

"And I can't do anything other than watching her from afar... If I get close to her... I'll fall harder and would want to tell her about us... and then that damn incident... she'll then hate me for that... and in the end, I'll get hurt... again..." I sobbed realizing maybe...

...it's not the future that you are afraid of... it's the repeating past that makes you anxious.

---------------------------------------------
A/n:
Why do I feel like Jimin is having a mental breakdown very often...?
Moving on... How do you like this chapter?

Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT & SHARE 💫💜