CHAPTER 34

Y/N's POV

Another day came and as usual, I got up in the morning to find Inha had left the room early. I got my morning routine done and chugged my sandwich down on the way to my class.

I felt my phone in my back pocket vibrate. I pulled it out to see a message icon on the lockscreen. It was Dad.

Dad:
Happy birthday Y/n! I am really sorry I couldn't make it there to celebrate the special day with you. I promise that I'll visit you as soon possible. Be safe and don't forget to enjoy your day. I love you.

Me:
Thanks, dad:)

Seeing his yearly text my expression did not flinch a bit. Another lonely birthday I thought as I slid my phone into my back pocket back.

My birthday did not change my mood in any way. It was like any other day, I attended every class and did all the schoolwork.

Finally, after a stressful four hour lecture, it was break time. I dropped my books in my locker and made my way to the cafeteria. I did not bother to know about Inha's whereabouts cause I knew she would tell me that she had work to do. So, I eventually gave up. I guess she is tired of me I assumed while entering the cafe.

I got in and went to the food counter to pick up my hamburger. On my way back out my eyes searched for someone. But my heart shrank as soon as my eyes landed on him. He was having lunch with the boys and... the black-haired girl from the other day. She had her arms around his shoulder and it looked like the four of them were having a fun conversation.

I harshly walked out and headed to the rooftop.

'What was I even expecting' I chuckled in disbelief not able to believe I really expected he would be friendly and as if he would welcome me to have lunch with them.

I did not even shed a tear even though I was deeply hurt and sick of myself for being like this.

"I guess my body is too familiar with this situation that it does not even bother to react to it," I sarcastically chuckled before chowing down my burger. The whole time I was staring at the sky while taking a bite occasionally.

The day went by and I was back home.
I did not have any plans for the evening and even Inha texted me saying she'll spend the night out with one of her friends who came to visit her after a long time. I was envious her, she can easily make friends and people seem to like her... Lucky her.  

(A/n: The dorm room has two rooms, a washroom, a window/balcony and a hall. So, I'll call it home/dorm for now on)

It was like late evening, I was lying on the couch reading my novel when I heard the doorbell ring. I frowned looking up at the wall clock. I wasn't expecting anyone at this time.

'Did Inha leave something behind?' I thought as I was on my way to open the door.

I crack open the door and found the least expected person standing in front of the door...

"Hey," Jimin said with a smile.

"Hey?" I returned a confused look on my face.

We stood there like that for a few seconds staring at each other in awkward silence. I noticed he was carrying a plastic bag.

"What- Why are you here?" I managed to end the awkward silence.

"Is this how you treat your guest? Don't you let them in first?" He asked which caught me off guard.

"Yeah sure come in." I widened the entrance not knowing how to react.

He got in and I closed the door behind before following him in.