CHAPTER 7

Y/N's POV (Sunday night)

I had to do a lot of school work. I had to study for the exams which were starting the next Monday. I was on my study table trying to solve sums related 'Newton's Laws of Motion'. It was tiresome. Unconsciously doodling Newton's face in my notebook, I realised how much I was missing Mom. At times like these, she would bring me snacks and drinks and tell me not to stress too much about the exams. I could feel my face heat up as tears roll down my cheeks. I jumped on my bed.

"I miss you, mom!" I whispered, bringing my knees to my chest and rolling up into a fetal position. Losing mom was quite unexpected, one day she suddenly started to throw up and was not able to eat anything. After a week at the hospital, she suddenly left us. Dad? He was always out of town. He would hardly come home for three days a month. The longest time we spend together was after mom passed away. He was with me for one whole month and later we decided to move as the old house used to remind me of mom and I used to break down almost every day when I was alone at home. That's how dad agreed to move to Korea.

I could barely keep my eyes open and I dozed off.

~NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL~

Jimin went back to act cold towards me as usual and, I was surprisingly being ignored by Hoseok as well. I was perplexed, I had no idea what I had done to him. He did not even answer my calls this weekend.

While Taehyung and I were having lunch together

"Taehyung-ah, do you know why is Hoseok mad at me?" I asked Taehyung.

"He's mad at you? I did not know that." He replied.

"You must be imagining it." He added.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"He must be playing basketball with Jungkook." He replied.

"Hmm. Okay then, I am off first!" I said rushing towards the basketball court.

As I arrived there I spotted them playing basketball with a few more kids. I called Hoseok several times, I waited till their game got over but I was ignored. I thought I would talk to him while heading back to class. A sat on the bleachers and waited till the bell rings.

Soon the bell rang and I started to chase him

"Yah Hoseok!! wait for me!! we need to talk!!" I yelled running behind him. I could not keep up to his pace suddenly

"Ahh!!!" I trip and fall on the ground. While trying to get up I could feel my knees burning. I scrapped my knee. It was harsh of him to ignore me like that. I could not walk properly, I was quite hurt by his behaviour.

I harshly wiped my tears and quickly headed to the washroom to clean my wound.

JIMIN's POV

During the lunch break, I was watching Y/n the whole time. She was trying to talk to Hoseok but he kept ignoring her. It seemed like she hurt herself while running behind him. He did not seem to notice. I was feeling bad for her.

Just before the teacher entered the class she rushed to the seat next to me limping (A/n: They are bench mates. Remember?).

The Teacher entered and the class started. She usually gets bored listening to the teacher and starts chatting with me even if she knew I would ignore her. But today she was acting different, she was staring at her bandaged knee with an annoyed expression on her face. I was worried about her unusual behaviour so

"What happened to your knee?" I asked to which I got no response.

"Y/n!" I called her again.

 She turned her head. I could see her puffed eyes and red nose because of crying. It made me want to punch Hoseok in his face. How could he make his own best friend cry!?