CHAPTER 21

"Today is his Father's death anniversary." He said, staring right into my eyes.

My eyeballs almost popped out of eyes after hearing that.

"What?!" I tried my best not to shout. His expression turned into a serious one.

"I thought he would have told you.." He said, looking down.

"Nah, he did not tell me anything about it," I replied, feeling bad. I shocked to the fact he did not even give me a clue about it.

"I can't tell you much, but his dad died in a car accident two years ago and it affected him a lot... Like a lott!! He did not even talk to anyone for a week after it happened. Since then he became cold and would be by himself always." He completed.

I was star-struck. I was taken aback after hearing that.

"And... what about his mom?" I was curious why he did not pick her phone call up that day.

"His mom... She seems to be kind but for some reason, he hates it when we talk about here.." He said.

"Ohh.." I said in reply.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"His parents are in Busan, so he must have gone there..."' He said.

"Busan?" I shot my head up. I met him at the bus stop while I ran away from my aunt's place the other day. And.. when I asked him he told me he came to visit his friend.. and clearly, he was crying that day...

"Hmm.." He looked up.

"Why?" He added.

"Huh? Nothing... I have relatives who live there..." I said trying to act normal.  

"Ohh.." Nodded his head and went back to eating.

The rest of the time I zoned out. I was trying to connect dots and lost in my thoughts. I did not pay attention to what he was talking about.

"Common let's get back to the class! The bell can ring anytime soon." He said interrupting my zoning out session.

"Umm.. yeah! Let's go." I said shaking my head while grabbing my food tray.

~

The last bell rang and everyone started leaving the classroom. I could not pay attention to what the teacher was saying, I just zoned out the most of the time thinking how Jimin is doing.

I was heading out of the school gate when Hoseok did the same thing- he held my hand from the behind. I sign and

"You seem tired... Do you wanna go get something to drink?" He asked, slightly swinging our hands in the air.

I was not in the mood to hang out but I have to agree to it cause... so, I have to bear this till Friday.

"Yeah sure.." I said trying to act cheerful.

'Let's go.." He started walking faster.

~

 I came home, I was not in the mood to hang out... After a drink, I told him that I am sleepy and he walked me home.

I got in and jumped to lie on my bed after throwing my bag on my study table. I guess the thing about Jimin is affecting me a lot cause even I was in the same condition four months ago when mom left me and I know how it feels when your loved one leaves you like that- suddenly when you are not expecting it.

I was lying on my bed like that for an hour and I could not resist more I took out my phone-

ME
Hey... are you okay?
Hosek told me today is that day...
Where are you now?