CHAPTER 37

Did he just do it?!?! It lasted for some seconds but during those few seconds, something clicked. It felt like a deja vu... The same thing happened but it seemed like we changed roles...

"What the hell!?" I whispered pushing him away.

"Will you listen to me?" He asked as I stared at him blankly.

"First of all, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you this morning... Aera called me because there was some problem related to the background music and I didn't want to mess up the performance cause of the song... It was for... YOU. It had nothing to with Aera." He paused as he was looking into my eyes but I looked down not sure how to react to this situation. I think I know where this was going.

"And about what you said after that... I'm not here due to pity... I'm genuinely worried about you cause I care about you." He spat out.

There you go he said it... I did not utter a word but stared at the ground. Thoughts were flooding my head. It was eating me why on earth did they hide my past from me? But the situation now got more weird that made it more difficult for me to confront him.

"Y/n? Why aren't you answering?" He asked slightly grabbing my elbow after a minute of silence.

I yacked it off again and started walking away but as an obvious reaction, he stopped me.

"Y/n! What's wrong? Why are you acting like this?" He was examining my face as not many people act this way after a confession.

I now gathered up strength and looked at him.

"What? I just confessed I like you and you are not uttering a word! What does that mean?" He was confused and tried hard to think why I was acting like way.

"Are you doubting if this is a prank? No, it's not! I swear it's not! I really like you!" He told in an assuring tone.

"Like me?" I bitterly chucked pulling my arm out of his grip. "You wouldn't do such a thing if you truly cared for me!"

"What why are you acting this way? What thing? I already told you the song was for you-" He was puzzled. I cut him off with a chuckle again as I ran my hand through my hair pushing it back.

"Till when were you gonna fool me?" I asked with bloodshot eyes.

"Fool you? What? When did I-"

"The thing that just happened... that thing which you did... I don't think it was the first time it happened..." I replied making his eyes got wider.

"What? How did you?" He was utterly shocked.

"So... Till when were you guys gonna play dumb and not tell me about my past?" I directly shot the question.

"How do you kno- Did you get all your memories back?" He asked coming closer to me.

"I asked first!" I replied.

"I..." He did not continue or rather you can say he could not continue. He stood there trying to hide the feeling of guilt and sadness that was eating him up...

"Why did you guys do it? How on earth did I even lose my memories?" I asked in a calm tone to which he looked up.

"Till when do you remember?!" He asked again desperately.

"Why are you expecting me to answer your question when you are not answering mine?" I replied firmly hoping he would give me an answer.

"Alright... We did not plan to hide it... We just thought things will become hard for you if you get to know those things... So, you are better off without them." He answered.