CHAPTER 43

((~For better experience listen to 'Broken' by Jonah Kagen while reading.))

He came near me and whispered
"Did anyone ask you to?"

I stood there, star-struck hearing his reply.

"W-what?" I managed to let two words out.

"You heard me." He replied, with a rude expression plastered on his face.

"Woah... you seriously... You have no manners left in you, do you?" I huffed not being able to believe his reaction.

"Think whatever you want... now let's get back to your room." He said harshly, pulling me inside. I had no energy left to talk back. His coldness somehow made my knees felt go weak.

He swiftly dragged me inside. We got in and I finally took a seat on my bed.
He put my saline stand back to its place and was ready to leave the room. From his actions I could see, he couldn't bear to be near me.

"Don't go," I whispered as I got a hold of his hand and held him back.

"Don't leave me alone... my head is a real mess right now," I added looking straight into his eyes.

He did utter a word. He took a deep breath turning around and he was again ready to leave.

"Yah... Don't you think this is too much? Shouldn't you at least treat me properly-" I attempted to ask him again.

"Why should I?" He asked in a fierce voice turning to me.

"What?"

"Why do you expect me to treat you properly? For jumping in between the bullet and me?" He let out a huff.

"Is that why you expect me treat you properly? Did I beg you to do that? Then? Aren't you supposed to use your brain and think twice before doing something like that? First the abuse and now a bullet? Why on earth don't you put yourself first instead of someone you barely remember?! And on top of that, you dad! How am I supposed to face him when his daughter faced an abuse and took a bullet because of me? Now how am I supposed to deal with this?!? Did you think about the after-effects of what you did? And save my life..." He paused and looked up with tears clouding his eyes.

"...you should have just me be, being dead would be better than living a life knowing all this." He took it all out on me.

"I did what I could, you know, while I was also trying not to bleed to death! And now you are blaming me telling me it's my fault. Are you hearing yourself?" I shot back holding back my tears.

"Then what am I supposed to do when all you do is get hurt because of me?"

"Jimin... It's just something inside me that keeps telling me I should protect you."

"Even if it costs your life?"

"Why are you talking like that... I just don't want you to get hurt... Besides saving someone you love isn't an option... It's not even a choice."

"No... this is a problem..." He was looking down frightened while stepping back.

"Now if I let it slide now... you will do such a thing in the future again... this time it ended with the almost died stage and next time... chances are there will be no almost left."

"Jimin-ah... Why are you being like this..." I got up to hold his hand but he stepped back again.

"Sae Joon was not the problem all along... I was..." He said widening his eye.

I was going to approach but stopped as soon as he stepped another step back.
We were staring at each other as the pain and guilt was getting the best of us.