Miguel x Mateo pt.1

Miguel's POV

Hi I'm Miguel, and I have a very overactive imagination. today- I just want to take a walk in the park. I really like nature, so I walk around in the park. While doing my routine of just walking around, I noticed a boy around my age sitting underneath the park bridge. he was hidden well, so nobody could really notice him unless they look hard enough. He looked lonely, so I decided to talk to him. I went underneath the bridge and crawled over to him.

Miguel: "Um, Hello."

The guy under the bridge jumped a bit as he heard me speak.

Miguel: "Ah- I'm sorry, did I scare you?"

They nodded as they backed away from me. I sat down on the floor with him, trying not to fall in the small river going underneath the bridge.

Miguel: "I'm Miguel, and you?"

He didn't respond for a while before he wrote his name in the dirt. The name spelled 'Mateo'.

Miguel: "Nice to meet you Mateo!"

We talked for a while- Well, mostly I talked for a while. He didn't even say a word. Whatever he had to say, he wrote it in the dirt so I know what he wants to say. I think he's mute, and that's why he doesn't talk, or he just doesn't like talking.

The next day, I came back to the park, with a notebook and a pencil so Mateo can write in it and he can tell me what wants to tell me. I wasn't sure if he was there, but I hoped he was. He seems really kind.

I quickly crawled underneath the bridge to go see if he's there today. Surprisingly, he was there.

Miguel: "Hi Mateo!"

Like last time, he jumped back a bit. But he quickly calmed down as I came and sat down next to him. I quickly handed him the notebook and pencil.

We talked for a while before I had to leave. I kept coming back everyday so I can see him. So far, I've been seeing him for at least 5 months straight. I've actually came by at night today to go see him, I was gonna bring him home with me since he told me he ran away from home and didn't want to go back.

I quickly crawled under the bridge, only to find Mateo fast asleep on the cold ground. I didn't want to wake him up to ask him if he wanted to live with me, plus, he told me he hasn't slept in a week.

So, I decided to not wake him up. I picked him up and carried him back home with me.

I changed his clothes so he could be comfy , and left him sleeping on my bed. I also went and changed my clothes after a long shower. I then decided to go check up on Mateo, and he was dead asleep. I smiled softly as I kissed his cheek and went to go sleep on the couch.

------------

Requested by: crystalflowerz