Season 1; Episode 5

=========================================

You leaned against the tree and gasped for air. Your hand was over your eye-patch, you couldn't watch the duel anymore despite something inside telling you to stay there.

"(Y/n), if you show any strong negative emotions the Seal will feed off of it and show activity. You can't allow yourself to show them." Papa told you before you headed out to Domino City.

And he was right. Your eye throbbed in pain, your back stung. You fell to your knees and took deep breaths.

Breathe in....breathe out...that's it! You're doing great, think of happy things, happy things. You thought. You then proceeded to try to think happy things, like when Nymphi first interacted with snow or when Papa got stuck to the slide when he tried to show Nymphi how safe the slide is.

Hehe... moments like those went through your head and you leaned against the tree to laugh it off a little. Slowly and eventually, the excruciating pain wore off but it took a toll on you. You didn't feel so good, but where are you going to go? There is no First Aid Hospital, is there? Even if you go, what do you tell them? There could be a possibility that the doctors want to see your eye to check up on it or something.

And this is why you can't have nice things.

"God damnit.." You mumbled and hit your head gently against the bark.

"Uh...hey, you there!" You heard who sounds like a teenage boy calling out to you. Your eye averted to see a teenage boy approaching you, he had a bowl-cut brown hair with blue eyes. He wore a red plaid shirt with overalls.

"U..Uhm..." The boy fidgeted, "D-Do you want to duel?" He asked,

"Oh..." You blinked and slowly got up, "If you want."

"R-Really?" The boy's eyes lit up, "I-I never was able to duel anyone before - well, duel anyone outside my friend circle over at my school." He seemed excited about this, "S-So technically you're my first competitor!"

"Well, I am honored to be your first competitor." You gave a gentle smile and leaned against the tree,

"O-Oh boy I am so nervous and excited already." The boy mumbled and looked at the ground, "Y...You ready?"

"Sure." You shrugged,

"L-Let's duel then!" The boy shrieked and the ground began to rumble. It wasn't long before the platform rose and stood in place. The boy ran over to the red side and you walked to the blue side. The moment you were raised up, you took out your deck and took out both your star chips.

"S-So it's an all or nothing duel?" The boy asked,

"Mhm." You nodded, "If you'd like we can only sacrifice 1-"

"NO!" The boy shrieked, "W-We can do 2!" He took both his chips and placed it beside him. "I-It's time to duel!"

"M-My turn!" The boy mumbled and took out one card from his deck, "..I-I place Monster Slayer in attack mode and I end my turn!"

Monster Slayer, a tall, tough-looking blonde male who is wearing gold armor. His attack points are 1690 and his defense is 1700.

"Alright.." You took out one card from your deck, "...I place Mermaid Wonder in attack mode, and I end my turn."

Mermaid Wonder. A single mermaid with long pink hair, green eyes, a purple shell around her chest, and a long blue tail. Her attack points are 1950 and her defense is 1500.