Season 3; Episode 8

=======================================

The amount of discomfort you had once the upcoming duels were solidified, couldn't even be described here as spoken at the moment.

You felt the full impact of Marik's Egyptian God card, and the only people who have experienced that at full blast are Mai and, most likely, Bakura; the two of them being in a coma with their minds stuck in the Shadow Realm. You were just fortunate enough to be abnormal in comparison to the two and be handled with mercy by Marik. Unfortunately for Joey, this does not comply with him. Marik will make that duel a Shadow Game, and Joey needs to be strategic. You watched as the four carts holding the finalists went up to the attic.

"The finalists are now headed to the roof to properly begin the first duel of the semi-finals." The announcer spoke over the phone.

"Well, this is it!" Tristan clenched his fists as he stared at Joey,

"The duels start now, so let's go!" Mokuba grinned as the door opened behind him, "Move it or miss it!"

You quickly turned around and followed Mokuba inside the room.

"Wait! Hold the door for us, Mokuba!" Tea gasped as she slowly turned around to the door.

"...close it on her." you whispered to Mokuba with a smirk,

"Nah, I ain't gonna." Mokuba giggled,

"Hold on a sec! We can't just leave like this! Somebody has to tell Serenity that Joey is about to duel!" Duke stopped Tea,

"He's right!" Tristan gasped, "That's my cue! I'll tell her!"

"Just hold on a sec." Mokuba reached out to a telephone attached to the wall, "this place is hightech, I'll just call." He grinned as he dialed her number, "Hey Serenity! Joey is about to duel, you coming?"

There was a moment of pause, "Oh, you sure?" He blinked, "....Well, alright." He hung up and looked at Tristan and Duke, "Serenity won't be watching, she said she'll stay with Mai."

There was a moment of silence, you gulped away the temporary anxiety and sadness of Mai and smirked at Mokuba. Mokuba made eye contact with you as though he caught on with your message.

Close the door on them, bro. You mentally teased,

"...Well, since you guys aren't moving, (y/n) and I will be headin' out. Bye then!" Mokuba smirked as his finger lingered to press the button. The three outside shrieked and immediately ran in the room.

"M-Mokuba y-ya can't just do that." Tristan panted,

"Well, what can I say? You guys are slow-pokes. Now come on! We got some stairs to run over!" Mokuba giggled as he quickly glanced at you before taking off towards the stairs.

You cocked an eyebrow at him, he could've just closed the door on them and left it at that. You shook your head in disappointment as you followed Mokuba towards the stairs.

"Someone's got hatred on these mortals."

Ignoring the Seal's remark, you quickly ran up the stairs towards the roof. You really wanted to be there to watch Joey and Marik's duel despite the gut-wrenching feeling of you knowing the victor. For once, everyone was silent as they ran up the stairs to see what's going on in the roof between the finalists. The moment you saw the top of the roof, you immediately halted in your steps, your feet froze and stopped moving. Everyone else didn't seem to notice - Tea did, but she looked back up and ran with everyone else. Are you surprised? No. Are you confused? Yes. Why can't you move? Your heart started beating rather quickly as you stared at the roof, now accompanied by everyone except you. For some reason, you were terrified to continue. You felt the need to leave, go back downstairs and leave this whole tournament. But for what? You can't ditch this tournament just like that, you gotta stick with it till the end!