Season 2; Episode 8

===============================================

"What do you mean Yugi's not with you guys?" Mai asked with a surprised look on her face, "I figured he'd be with you guys since you guys are his friends."

"Yeah, but Yugi said he gotta check on someone before he meets with us in the main quarters." Joey shrugged, not seeming to care much as he put more food on his plate,

"I can't help but worry though," Tea nodded as she looked at the entrance door, "It's not like him to just leave us like this...maybe he wants to spy on Marik-"

"The darn bozo is standin' over there lookin' all chump." Joey sneered at the cloaked man standing on the sidelines,

"I mean come on Tea, think about it," Tristan leaned towards Tea's ear, "The poor guy has the world's fate in his shoulders. Let him sit for a while by himself-"

"Who wants to bet he's with (y/n)~!" Mai chirped out loud with excitement in her voice,

"Oho, now that you think of it.." Duke smirked as his hand cupped his chin, "...didn't (y/n) and Yugi go on some date or something?"

"He did!" Mai gasped, "I completely forgot about that! They did!"

"Oh come on now." Tea rolled her eyes as she looked at Mai and Duke, "They're friends. Nothing more."

"Oho~" Mai inched closer at Tea with a smug look on her face, "Are you by any chance jeal-"

"Don't finish that." Tea sneered in reply, "I'm not jealous, it's fact."

"Since when?" Mai asked with a cocked eyebrow,

"Because there's no way Yugi would like someone he's just met like that." Tea snapped her fingers with rolling eyes, "He literally just met (y/n)-"

"Aw come on would ya stop it with that?" Joey groaned as he put his food plate down, "(y/n) didn't just meet us, Tea." His fingers quoted, "Sure, we saw her at Pegasus but that was like, whatta month ago? If we thinkin' like that then I guess I shouldn't see her as a friend then huh?"

"Wh-" Tea turned to Joey, "I-I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that we only met the girl. Why would Yugi all of a sudden be around her like she's someone extremely special?"

"I can't tell which is talking; the jealousy or ego?" Mai crossed her arms as she smirked at Tea, "The speed of someone getting close to another varies, you do know that right?"

"What-" Tea turned to Mai, "What do you mean by that-"

"What I'm saying is that everyone's different in how close they get to other people." Mai leaned forward, her smirk growing, "Take me and Joey. We met in Pegasus' tournament yet we talk more than probably when you and Joey met."

"Oh come on," Tristan stood next to Tea, "Mai, you're acting like Yugi and (y/n) are gonna walk in the room with their arms linked or something-"

And as if time couldn't be more ironic, the entry door opened. Everyone turned their heads to see you and Yami walk in, with arms linked.

Some mouths dropped at that very moment.

"...I take it back," Tristan mumbled,

"Well well well~" Mai smirked as she strolled over to you and Yami, "What's the arm hook up for?"