Season 4; Episode 6

=========================================

Making sure the stone was in his pocket, Yami stared at the door in silence before he managed to speak,

"....why is she inside this vault?" He asked,

"Were you paying attention?" Cassandra raised an eyebrow, "Cause it's her solitary confinement. This is the only room where she can be safe from Dartz."

"And that's because Dartz is actively trying to snatch her," Yami mumbled,

"You're good at repeating stuff," Cassandra rolled her eyes, "She used to be in her actual bedroom until Mai Valentine broke in and tried snatching her. Luckily, (y/n) was with Nathaniel at the time, so it wasn't too much of a hassle."

"Mai Valentine?!" Yami gasped and stared at her in shock, "She was here?"

"Yeah, you know her?" Cassandra asked,

"Yes...she was a friend of ours, especially with Joey and (y/n)...now she works with Dartz for reasons unknown." Yami answered before narrowing his eyes, "......may I ask once more about how (y/n) is doing? You never told me that Mai was the one who broke in."

Cassandra only shrugged and walked over to an iPad that was next to the vault. Activating it, she turned on the microphone and leaned close to it,

"(Y/n)? It's Cass. I'm here with the other Yugi as Nathaniel calls it." She spoke and pinned the code as the doors slowly opened. The lock surrounding the pad was slowly unturned, giving both Cassandra and Yami full access to the other side. Once the door slowly opened, Yami was greeted by a large hallway,

"She's at the end of the hallway, all the doors are gonna be unlocked until you walk in so good luck. I'll be in the monitor room." She waved him temporary farewell as she walked back to the elevator. Yami nodded at Cassandra's farewell and clenched the stone in his hand. His heart pounded, you're practically right there. It had been so long, to him it felt like it had been years. He started his way down the bland, white hallway inside the vault. Right as he walked in, the giant vault door closed behind him and locked seconds later. Biting his lip, Yami progressed into the hallway until a door was seen before him. Thankfully, the door was normal unlike the vault door; as though this was an ordinary room. He stood before the door before realizing he was shaking. He couldn't tell why he was trembling, in fact, he was alarmed by the silence that emitted from the room behind the door. Normally when you knew Yami was coming, he'd see you pop out of the room and eagerly wait for him.

His hand shook as he gingerly touched the door handle and pressed it open. It took a bit of effort as the door was heavy - as it's because it's solitary confinement, it would be weird for the only brief security being a giant door. Yami figured the door would normally be locked, as Cassandra implied all the doors are temporarily unlocked. Once he pushed the door open, he took a look around at the room....if he were to call it one.

The room was pure white with no signs of color, already showing signs of pure isolation. There weren't any decorations that would make the room seem lively, it was only a bland white closet, a separate room for the bathroom, and a white bed that was fixed. Yami's eyes narrowed as he examined the room, he didn't like how this room was so bland. The least Cassandra or her grandfather could do is to try and make it lively. His crimson eyes soon rested on one of the corners of the room and softened when he recognized you. You were curled up in the corner, your face hid in your knees and your arms wrapped tightly around your legs. Seeing your whole body shake broke his heart, it almost looked like you were in an immense amount of pain. He watched your body shudder and he silently walked to you and sat next to you. If Yami was completely honest, he didn't think about what to say to you. He didn't think this far. Yami had so much to say, yet his mouth said nothing. He felt your body tense up before you slowly shifted and stared at him. Yami could only give you a gentle look, his heart feeling down to his feet when he saw the eyebags, along with both your eyes holding nothing but pure pain - even if one of them held the familiar Seal of Orichalcos.