Season 4; Episode 5

====================================

If anyone were to look directly at Yami's eyes without any context, they would refer to him as the "man who is alive but dead". This was especially noted after Yami's first duel with Rafael.

So far, there had been little to no answers for the questions Yami and the gang had prior to this horrid adventure. Professor Hawkins isn't even helping, he's just summarizing everything that he and Yugi had discovered when the Great Leviathan spoke.

And now Yami finally understands when the Great Leviathan told Yugi they'll meet again. Because now, Yami has no one besides him. Yes, he has Tea, Tristan, Joey, Duke, and the Hawkins family.

But they aren't filling the aching hole that grew intensely in his heart. He lost you, now he lost the partner he felt the closest to due to his selfish choices.

Not to mention how Tea isn't a big help at all, in fact, she was unintentionally making it worse. His eyes were completely dull the moment he realized what he had done wrong, and Tea decided upon her own behalf to try and cheer him up.

"Come on, Pharaoh. Think of it this way. We'll beat Dartz's butt and take back Yugi!" Tea amped with a bright smile on her face as she put her feet in the lake.

Resisting the urge to punch her face, Yami quietly stared at the lake towards his own reflection. Tea's eyes softened at Yami before leaning back,

"Hey....so....I want to ask you something." Tea lightly kicked her feet in the water

Yami quietly averted his gaze on her,

"So...I've noticed that you...don't seem to like me recently." Tea bit her lip as she spoke, "...and...I just want to clear it up in case you end up hating me or something."

"Tea." Yami finally spoke, his eyes averted back to the lake, "It's not that I dislike you. I still consider you as a friend."

"Then what is it?" Tea asked, "Cause you certainly don't act like-"

"Tea, within a few days I've lost the very two people who I felt the most complete with." Yami clearly spoke, anger slowly rising in his throat, "Without them, I feel nothing. I appreciate your concerns and your efforts to cheer me up with Yugi's loss, but knowing how you're not like this with (y/n) upsets me the most."

Tea clenched her fists in the rocks, "...But Pharaoh-"

His crimson eyes darted at her in silence,

"...Pharaoh, the least you can do is listen to me because everyone's been ganging up on me about her since the very beginning." Tea started, taking a deep breath before she continued, "It's...look, I really care and cherish you all in my heart. It's just...when I first met (y/n), I wanted to try to get to know her. I just couldn't! It-It was like she was intentionally hiding something from the getgo, and I really didn't like that dishonesty."

"It's not that she was being dishonest, Tea." Yami sneered, "She didn't feel comfortable telling us the fact she was the vessel of a great ancient evil."

"Well, you and Yugi were comfortable telling us about the Millenium Puzzle-"

"That's because I trusted Yugi, who trusted you guys and have been friends for a longer period of time." His eyes narrowed, "...(y/n) has had little to no history of having friends. You know that."