Season 2; Episode 5

======================================

There was much silence after the small talk Yami and Kaiba had. After the talk, you gently held his hand as a silent assurance that everything will be okay. In return, he interlaced his fingers against yours and tightened the grip just a little. You could tell that the intense and stressed atmosphere slowly changed as time went by. From extreme levels went down a little at least to a point where you could talk without feeling as awkward as before.

".....do you think they're alright?" You asked,

"They should be, there's no way Marik would hurt them." Yami responded, "...if he does though, he'll regret it." With that, he turned to Kaiba with a determined look, "As soon as we land, Mokuba will lead us to my friends. We'll break in and get them out."

"Look Yugi, I brought you here so I am the one making the shots. Just so you know, I am only here to get my hands on the third Egyptian God Card. Then we'll find your friends." Kaiba retorted with a smirk,

"Kaiba. Joey and Tea are in grave danger, we must save them immediately!" Yami growled back,

"Well sorry, Yugi. We have different priorities on our hands, so why not split up and go for what we find the most important?" Kaiba asked,

"...that's dumb." You narrowed your eyes,

"To you." Kaiba rolled his eyes, "But I am fine on my own. Besides, I am not the type for teamwork and all that. You know that as much as I do, Yugi." His eyes shot back to Yami, "I handled our double duel with those brothers on my own without any help, so as far as I know, you best stay out of my way Yugi because we're finished. I brought you here so you're on your own. I've done more than enough here, so sorry, I'm through." Kaiba retorted with a smirk.

Yami bit his lip and looked down. You could feel the frustration from Yami, as you yourself were frustrated yet you weren't even directly involved.

"...Kaiba-" You called out to Kaiba

"We have reached our destination, Mr. Kaiba." a speaker came through and interrupted you.

"You guys, I think I see someone on the pier! And it kinda looks like Joey!" Mokuba spoke as he looked through the window.

Both you and Yami's eyes flickered up and darted to the window. You leaned back to have Yami take a better look. Both you and Yami's eyes went to the pier and looked for someone on the pier, and sure enough, both of you found a boy standing still on the pier with thick blonde hair and white-blue striped shirt.

"It is Joey!" Yami exclaimed,

"And he's all alone." You mumbled, "....this could be a trap."

You didn't like how he was just standing there, not moving one bit. It was as if he was waiting for Yami and not in a friendly manner.

"...It could very well be one.." Yami nodded his head,

"Yugi, I think I've heard enough of you for one day." Kaiba rolled his eyes as the helicopter finally landed. The doors opened and Kaiba hopped off. Before you did the same, you felt your hand get squeezed and turned to see Yami looking at you with concern,

"...(y/n)," Yami whispered, "...I want you to stay close with me."

"....huh?" You blinked,

"...I have a very bad feeling about this. I want to make sure you're safe, and for me, the only way for me to know that is if you're by my side. Who knows who could be around us as we confront Joey."