Season 5; Episode 9

=========================================

"Okay, this is a whole ass mess and I don't know what to do." You confessed, "I tried summoning the Leviathan, but I don't want to be Dartz and selfishly use it. I want to help Yami, but I really can't do shit. I literally don't know anything about this whole thing, I woke up in this cave with people screaming at me."

"....so pretty much your average day if you didn't have memory loss?" Hermos joked and got elbowed by Critias.

"Is that why I don't understand anything? Cause of my damn memory loss?" You asked,

"Not quite," Timaeus answered, "This whole situation has context that not even the Pharaoh is aware of."

"Cause he has memory loss." You nodded,

"Not exactly." Timaeus shook his head, "Even with his memories, the Pharaoh doesn't know the full context."

".....so is it dad?" You referred to Akhenamkhanen. "Does he know this whole thing?"

"Yes. He did...indirectly...start this whole thing." Hermos confirmed,

Suddenly, you remembered what Bakura had said when he was at the Throne Room,

"Have you ever heard the name of the village of Kul Elna? That village is now a ruin, but a secret shrine is hidden there....and in that shrine is a tablet of the afterworld. The one who places all seven Millennium Items in that stone tablet will be given the power of the shadows by the evil God Zorc Necrophades!"

"....and I assume this has to do with Zorc and the village of Kul Elna?" You watched the knights tense at this, "...you know something, don't you? What even is Zorc?"

"Zorc is filled with nothing but evil and cruelty. It sent the Pharaoh through hell and back last time." Critias answered,

"...and I guess it was so bad, he had to seal Zorc with him in the Millennium Puzzle?" You asked and watched Critias nod,

"Yes. The Millennium Items give it full power, it's the consequence for Great Pharaoh Akhenamkhanen's decision on using the Millennium Items."

"....why did he even use these items in the first place?" You were developing a headache, your hand gently massaged your head, "If there's such a bad cost, why use them in the first place?"

"Great Pharaoh Akhenamkhanen had to use the Millennium Items to protect Egypt from a great invasion that aimed for a book known as the Millenium Tome. That book has been passed down by the high priests since ancient times. That book has the power to bring armies on their knees with its magical power. These magical powers are acquired through a ceremony that creates seven items, each item would grant mysterious powers." Timaeus explained,

"...thus the Seven Millenium Items.." You connected the dots,

"Exactly," Timaeus confirms, "Great Pharaoh Akhenamkhanen had only seven days to make the decision, as the invasion was arriving quite soon. He had no choice but to proceed with the ceremonies performed by his brother, High Priest Akhenaden."

"Who is High Priest Seto's father." Hermos slyly added while glancing at Critias,

"....wait." You paused and stared at Hermos with wide eyes, "...you mean to tell me Seto and Yami are cousins?!"

"Yeah." Hermos smirked,

"....pause." Your mouth gaped open, ".....hold on....hold hold..." You made even more dots connect, "...Yugi and Yami look awfully similar, right?"