Season 2; Episode 7

============================================

"Is this really it?" You asked as you walked into the giant stadium that looked to be still under construction.

"I guess so, I think I see Kaiba up ahead," Yami peered ahead to see the white-caped man standing with authority over 2 security guards. As if he sensed you and Yami, he immediately spoke to the guards and moments later, all the lights turned on. The overwhelming light made you close your eye as you tried to adjust to the sudden change in brightness.

"Wow...certainly acts like Kaiba too." You mumbled,

"Ah, it's just Yugi and (y/n)." Kaiba huffed as he turned to the both of you, "Not surprised you both would end up here."

"Who else would it be?" You asked,

"I thought I heard something around here so I had the guards turn on all the lights. Turns out it's just you two." Kaiba responded and looked at you, "I assume you have all the location cards?"

"That's why I ended up here." You frowned,

"Hand them over." A guard came forward and both you and Yami pulled out the cards. The guard took them and gave you and Yami an identification card.

"Here are your ID's. Congratulations, you two are officially battle city finalists. Please keep these cards with you at all times." The guard congratulated you and Yami with an emotionless stare.

"YAY!" Mokuba cheered as he ran to you, "I knew you'd pull it off!"

"Why wouldn't I?" You smirked and ruffled Mokuba's hair.

"I hope everyone else makes it here.." Yami stared at his identification card as he bit his lip.

"They will," You patted Yami's back, "Come on, they basically have all the cards. Tea told you that right?"

Yami smiled at you and nodded, "Yeah, she did."

Mokuba smirked, "So, tell me, (y/n), Yugi.." He twiddled his fingers with his smirk growing, "how was your date?"

There was a long pause as Yami immediately covered his red-turning face and looked away. Your face heated up real quick as you bit your lip,

"Th...There was no date though..." You assured,

"You suuureee?" Mokuba hummed with his smirk getting wider, "Cause it's not like Yugi to leave his friends for a girl~"

Yami's whole body turned around, his back now facing Mokuba. You covered your face as your heart bumped up like a racing car.

"Y....y...yeah....h-he just wanted to a...accompany me while I got the chips..." You nodded, "R...right Ya- Yugi..?"

"Y...Yeah..." Yami cleared his throat without turning, "I only accompanied her...no date...none whatsoever."

"Mhmmmmm, right, and Seto doesn't care about me." Mokuba playfully rolled his eyes and elbowed you with a wink.

"Mokuba stop playing around. We have more people coming." Seto interrupted as he watched a familiar group of people walk in.

"It's Tea and everyone else." Mokuba leaned to see who it was as Tea practically ran over to Yami.

"Yugi! It's so good to see- what happened?! Why are you so red?!" Tea shouted out of worry as Joey, Tristan, and a pretty brunette girl walked over to you.