Part 1

Your Dad was out of town on a case, so Penelope came to pick you up from your house to drop you off at school, "Have a great day cutie!" she says as you get out of the car and walk to the doors of the school. You walk into class and see people look at you and whisper. "Yeah, being a genius is cool but you get used and made fun of all the time." Your teacher realizes something is making you upset so he asks, "y/n, what's wrong? You look upset." You tell him on the verge of tears, "It's nothing" so that he would leave you alone. When you get to lunch you sit alone, like you usually do. Finally, it was the end of the day so you go to your locker and pack up everything. You walk to Penelope's yellow beetle car and get in, "How was your day?" You respond, frustrated, "It was fine," not wanting to talk about it. She looks you in the eyes and says, "y/n what's wrong?" you just look at her and say, "Nothing... I'm just on my period!" Both of you don't talk the rest of the car ride. When you finally get home she asks, "Do you want me to come in and wait for your dad with you?" Not wanting her to stay you say, "No its fine." She says, "Okay, see you later!" and leaves. When you get in the house you go straight to your room and grab the blade you have been using. You roll up your sleeves to your black hoodie... for a minute, you observe your previous scars and begin to cry. You look back at the blade and run it down your arm a few times while you just sat there and cried. You were just tired of being sad all the time. Then, out of nowhere, you hear the door open and a familiar voice saying, "y/n, i'm home!"

"Why is he home so early" You try to wipe your tears off as fast as you can with a cool washcloth so that you don't look like you just bawled your eyes out. Then you hear your dad say, "Sweetie, come here please." You walk out of the room and quickly pull down your sleeve as you go down the stairs. You see your dad putting his stuff down but he is not facing you yet, "Hey y/n, how was your day?" You respond with, "good." Then he turns around and sees that you have been crying and looks at you sympathetically, "y/n, what's wrong?" "Dad, I'm fine!" you say as your voice breaks. He begins to walk closer and says, "y/n, I'm a profiler. I know when my daughter is not fine." You become angry and yell, "IM FINE" and try to go back to your bedroom but he grabs your arm. You wince at the pain from your new scars. He looks at you confused. You stop and look back up at him with teary eyes. Your dad looked at you uneasy and then your sleeves. He began to roll them up until he saw the scars. His eyes begin to swell up with tears as he looks back up at you, "I'm sorry" you say with all the energy you have left. Then, you are engulfed with a constricting hug to where you could not move, for once, you felt safe. "I haven't felt safe ever since I was kidnapped. I always am in fear for my life since my dad works for the FBI." After about a minute he pulls back and pulls your hair away from your face, then he stares into your hazelnut eyes and says, "Sweetie, I love you so much!" You begin to cry again and he hugs you again as you rest your head on his chest.