Part 24

The next morning, you woke up the next morning to your dad rubbing your back and speaking quietly, "You feeling better?" You slowly wake up and flutter your eyes, you mumble, "Yeah, what time do we need to leave." He answered you, "Can you be ready in 10? I already have all of your stuff packed" You quickly tried to get up, "I think so." You quickly went to the bathroom to wash your face and get ready for the day. You never had to do much to your hair and you didn't like to put on makeup, all you usually put on was mascara. You decided that you could do it in the car, so you just put it in your bag. As you finished getting ready, your dad asked, "Hey y/n, do you want a breakfast bar to eat on the way." You looked down and said, "I'm not very hungry." You heard him sigh and he said, "I am gonna put it in my bag anyways in case you get hungry." You walked out of the bathroom and grabbed your leather messenger bag(just like your dad's). He looked at you and asked, "You ready?" You nodded and he opened the hotel door for you. He followed behind you and you both got in the elevator. Your dad looked at you and asked, "You feeling alright?" He saw you look a bit off. You did feel off, you tried to make yourself believe it was just because you weren't home, but it wasn't that. You were nervous for what would happen when you got home. You looked up shyly but didn't meet his eyes, "I'm just tired and homesick." He knew that wasn't it but he didn't want to make you upset by interrogating you. He just nodded and said, "We will be home today, we got a nice running profile last night." The elevator dinged and you both walked out. The rest of the team and the boys were in the lobby, Hotch asked, "Okay, are we ready?" You all nodded in agreement and you caught up with the boys, Henry asked, "Hey y/n, how are you feeling?" You spoke quietly, "I'm feeling better, thanks!" You, Henry, and Jack all walked together to the car. You got in the back middle again, squished between the boys. You and the boys stayed quiet most of the ride, your dad and Hotch just talked most of the time. You began to curl your eyelashes and put on mascara, the boys looked at you in shock. You looked at them confused, and Jack asked, "Doesn't that hurt?" You laughed along with the adults, "No!" Henry then said, "Why are you putting on makeup, you don't need it." You answered, "I am very flattered by that Henry, but I want to look somewhat like I didn't just roll out of the bed." Once you got there, you all headed inside, Hotch walked in first and your dad followed behind you and the boys. They always did this so that if the unsub showed his face, you and the boys would be in between them. When you got in you saw the rest of the team begin to set up, you and the boys headed to the safe room. You all sat there for a while on your phones, you were laying down on a couch in the room. For almost an hour, you all just sat on your phones until you broke the silence and groaned, "I'm so bored!" Jack nodded and said, "We all are!" Henry said, "Well what do we do? They practically locked us in this room there is nothing to-" He was interrupted by hearing loud talking outside of the door. You all walked to the door and looked out, all of your parents were rushing out of the police station followed by many cops. You smiled and said, "Well, looks like we're going home soon!" They all smiled and laughed, Henry said, "Finally, I get to get away from you freaks!" You looked at him with the 'excuse me' face and he just said, "I take that back!" You smirked and said, "You better." They all laughed. In less than 45 minutes, Derek walked in the room, "Hey kiddos, are y'all ready?" You all grabbed your bags and answered simultaneously, "Yep!" You all followed him out of the room, you dad came up to you and said, "You ready to go home?" You nodded as he put his arm around your shoulder, you both walked out of the police station and into the car. You all crammed into the car for the last time and headed to the airport. This time, you got out and went to grab your bags, Hotch handed them to you and said, "Here ya go y/n." You said, "Thank you!" and walked slowly behind him. You recognized that he wanted to talk to you, you realized your dad probably talked to him about last night. You both were about 15 feet away from everyone else walking onto the jet. He started by saying, "y/n, your dad told me that it's getting worse." You just nodded trying to keep your tears in, if you spoke, they would flood out. He continued, "Your dad wanted me to ask you what you think would help. He didn't want it to be based on what he thinks would help." The problem was, you didn't have any idea what could help. You had accepted for so long that you would continue living life like this... until it gets worse and you decide to just end it. When you are younger, you see stories of 'teens committing suicide' and think, that could never be me, but it is. You turn out like that and you're scared you'll be the next forgotten person in that news article. You snap back into reality, "Honestly Hotch, I have no idea, I know it's awful, but I have just accepted the fact that I won't get any better." He stops you and looks at your glistening eyes, "y/n, you can't give up. You need to fight through this." You look down at the concrete below your feet, "What do you think would help?" You meet his eyes and see that he was struggling, he couldn't stand to see you going through this. He answers, "I think you should start going back to therapy regularly whether it's with the psychiatrist at the hospital or even one of us team members would be willing to talk to you. I think Emily would be someone good to talk to since she has gone through this before." He pauses, "I just want you to get better. I believe you should also be open with your dad always and tell him how you are feeling, he is a profiler but sometimes he can't read your own emotions like you do." You nodded and halfway smiled, "Thanks." He grabbed one of your bags and nodded as you both walked up the steps to the jet. Henry and Jack both had an idea what was going on, but you didn't plan to tell them. You got on the jet and sat by your dad this time (you were on the window side of the booth thing). You were super tired so you just leaned your head on your dad's shoulder. You whispered right before you went to sleep, "I love you." You felt him smile and he whispered, "I love you more." You went to sleep at peace for once.