Part 59

Your dad then walked out of Penelope's office leaving you alone in her office with her. She smiled and gave you a hug, "Your dad told me what has been going on, I know it's hard. I'm here for you." You just smiled, Penelope was too sweet. She then continued, "I am going to get them caught up while they are on the plane in a bit, but it might be a late night, so get comfy." You nodded and grabbed the blankets from a basket she had in her room. You sat on her couch and began to read random articles online for a few hours until you got super tired. You decided to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. When you did, you saw Cat. You were in the bathroom again and she said, "We never got to finish our conversation earlier." You shook your head and said, "We never needed to." She smiled and played with your hair like your mother used to, you got mad and pushed her away, "What do you want from me?" She chuckled and said, "I just want to have a relationship with you, I mean, since you didn't have one with your mom. Oh, it broke my heart when she died." You looked at Cat with tears, "Get out!" She laughed and said, "What?" You yelled, "Get out of my head!" You woke up to a jerk, but you stayed laying down to not worry Penelope. Luckily, she had her headphones on and she didn't hear you. You finally went back to sleep, but you were awake about an hour later. Penelope lightly rubbed your shoulder and yawned, "Hey sweets, it's time to go. Can you pack up your things?" You nodded and half-asleep got your things together and walked out to her car. You got in and immediately closed your eyes. Then, you got to her apartment and got ready for bed. Just as you were getting ready for bed, you got a facetime from your dad. You answered it and shyly said, "Hi." He smiled and said, "Hey sweetie, are you about to go to bed?" You quickly said, "Yep." He looked at you confused for a minute, "y/n, what's up?" You look at him confused, "What?" He raises his eyebrows, "y/n, you do this thing with your face, it's called hemifacial spasms. It always happens when you get nervous or anxious and you're doing it right now." You sighed and moodily said, "Nothing's wrong." He gave you a glare and siad, "y/n-" You surrendered, "I had a quick nightmare, that's all. It wasn't even bad." He stared at you for a while, "That's not all." You sighed, "I-I think I was hallucinating in the bathroom. I-I saw Cat in the mirror." He looked at you confused but you continued, "I mean, I'm sure it's nothing. I just-" You began to be a nervous wreck and your dad just said, "It's okay y/n, I just wanted to make sure it was nothing extreme." You nodded and he said, "Go to sleep...and call me if you have another episode." You nodded and hung up the phone. Then you got into the guest bedroom bed, turned off the light, and hit the pillow. You fell asleep quickly but then, it happened. Like usual, another nightmare. This time you were at a dinner with Cat. She grinned at you and said, "I'm glad you joined me." You looked her in the eyes and said, "Get out of my head." She chuckled and said, "Mmm, I don't think so." She pulled out a gun and licked it at the barrel. You rolled your eyes and said, "What do you want Cat." She smiled and said, "You know, jail gets quite boring. I just want to get out. Enjoy a night on the town." You raised your eyebrows and said, "And how are you gonna get out?" She laughed and said, "You silly!" You looked at her confused and she said, "You're going to get me out." You still looked at her confused. She took a sip of wine and continued, "You really are scared that I'm gonna get out and come for you when I get back...aren't you?" You just stared her in the eye, but she read through you. She smiled and said, "You're getting tired of feeling that. You want closure." You scooted up closer to her and whispered, "And how am I going to get closure if you are still breathing." She leaned back and said, "You're finally understanding...I don't want to be in jail anymore...you don't want me alive." You sat back in your seat and looked at her with wide eyes. Then, she leaned on the table and whispered, "I want you...to kill me." You were frozen with your thoughts. You have always wanted to point a gun right at her sick, twisted face. 'Am I actually considering murder?' You looked at her as she picked up her gun. She smiled and pointed the gun at you, "Because aren't you tired of this?" She put the gun to your head...BANG.  

You woke up in a panic and stood up hyperventilating. You began to throw the pillows around the room, you accidentally knocked the lamp over and it shattered. You yelled, "Get out my head! What do you want from me?! I'm sick of you! Just leave me alone!" Suddenly, the door was quickly opened by Penelope. She looked at you in shock and said, "y/n-" You looked at her embarrassed, "Sorry, umm...did I wake you up?" She walked closer to you and said, "Are you okay sweetie?" She stood her distance just to make sure you didn't throw anything else, you sighed and said, "I-I'm fine. I'm just sick of this." She looked at the mess and then said, "Your dad told me to call him if this happened-" You pleaded, "No-please, I don't-I just-I want him to think I'm getting better." She frowned and said, "But you're not, and that's okay. He just wants to help." At this point, she already had his contact pulled up and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna call him and you can tell him...because-I know from experience, this doesn't just go away, and I don't want you to suffer through it." She brought you into a hug and kissed the top of your head. She then hit the dial button, and said, "I'll be out here if you need anything." You watched the phone ring until your dad picked up. You put the phone up to your ear and your dad asked, "Sweetie, are you okay?" You just began to sob into the phone, you cried, "No-I-I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of this." He asked just to confirm he knew what you were talking about, "The nightmares?" You nodded and said, "Yeah." He whispered into the phone and said, "Do you want to tell me about it?" Hell no! You weren't going to tell your dad you were coming up with a plan to murder Cat Adams. You said, "No, I just- I needed comfort." He lightly chuckled and said, "Okay, I'm glad you called sweetie. That's a good start. Are you calm or do you need a distraction?" You sniffled and said, "No, I think I'm good, I just, I need a hug. I want you to come home" You cried into the phone and he said, "I know, I'll be home probably tomorrow. I love you sweetie." You smiled and said, "I love you too." He chuckled and said, "Oh, and Penelope gives the best hugs." You smiled and said, "Can you send me the case files so I can go to sleep?" He chuckled and said, "Sure thing. Goodnight." You said, "Goodnight." Then, you walked out of the room and saw Penelope who was standing right outside. You handed her her phone and just hugged her. She gave you a tight bear hug back and you just rested in her arms. She just made you feel so, at peace. Eventually, she pulled away and wiped a tear off your face. She smiled and said, "Goodnight babes." You smiled and said, "Night Penny." You then walked back to your room and got on the bed. You read the case file, it always helped you fall asleep. Eventually, you got tired and turned off the light and shut your eyes and went to sleep.