Part 5

You walked back to your dad smiling as he said, "You ready?" You replied with "Yep." He chuckled a bit, excited to see you happier. You both walked to his car and got in. "What do you want for dinner y/n?" You got super excited, I usually have to just eat cereal at home because he is gone all the time. "Umm, how about Friday's?" He laughs and smiles, "Sounds good!" You both head in, "Party for two." he says to the waiter. "Right this way." You are both led to your seat, as you sit down dad says, "I am really proud of you today." You look at him shyly, "Thanks dad." You both order and talk about school and work. He then pays and you both get in the car. "Oh yeah, y/n you have school pictures tomorrow so make sure you pick out something nice to wear." Ugh, you hated school pictures. "Okayyy." He lightly chuckled at you and drove you home. You began to zone out and stared out the car window thinking about today, Emily saved my life. "What are you thinking about sweetie?" Dad asks. You look up slightly startled, "What?" He smirks a bit, "I can tell when you are thinking deeply about something. What is it?" You obviously did not want to tell him what you were thinking about so you just said, "I'm just glad I talked to Hotch today, that's all." He smiles and says, "I'm glad you did too." After zoning out again, he pulls into the driveway and you both get out of the car and walk into the house. Your dad pulled his leather messenger bag over his head and put it on the table to go grab a book. You yawn and say, "Well, I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed!" He gets up and gives you a light kiss on the head, "Goodnight sweetheart! Call me if you need anything." You manage to get out of his tight hug, "I'm fine dad." You felt like he was babying you. You walk to your room and pick out your outfit for pictures tomorrow. Then, you brushed your teeth, washed your face, and put your glasses and PJ's on. You sat in bed, all of a sudden, it hit you, the urge to cut.

You remembered what Hotch told you, " When you want to cut, first, tell your dad so that he can help you, I know it will be very hard, but he will be there and will do anything to help you. Then I want you to write down in a journal, three good things that happened to you that day all in different colors. Lastly, count to 100." I will try the other things first, if they don't work, then I will tell him. You grabbed a notebook and picked up a colored pencil. As you pushed it against the paper, it broke. You begin to freak out, you can't feel your arms, then the numbness spreads to your legs. You feel faint, you always felt faint after every anxiety attack, but this one was different. You managed to stumble down the stairs to get dad. Your dad hears you struggling down the stairs and gets up to check on you. You finally were in his field of vision and you collapsed in his arms. He picks you up bridal style and looks at you in complete shock and worry. "Sweetie look at me. What happened?" He says as he pushes your hair back and lays you on the couch. You begin to sit up, but he lightly pushes you to make sure you just lay down. "I just had an anxiety attack like I always do." You begin to sit up again, "I'm fine dad." He looks at you confused, "y/n, I just saw you fall down the stairs, you're not fine. Did you take your medicine today?" You look down and say quietly, "No...the truth is- well, I just I-" You began to cry, "I had the urge to cut and I didn't want to bother you because I know you like your reading time and-" He embraces you and quietly whispers, "y/n, don't ever feel like you are interrupting me. I am your dad, I am here for you." He continues to hug you and not let go, you could feel his tears slowly dripping on your head, I think he is holding me so that I don't have to see him cry. He eventually pulls away and wipes his eyes a little bit. You look up at him as he begins to speak, "y/n, do you wanna sleep in my room tonight. I just don't want you to feel alone." You smile and say, "That would be nice." This wasn't a weird offer from your dad, you and him were close(not in a weird way). After you were kidnapped by Peter, you couldn't sleep alone for months. You also realized he didn't want you alone so that you could not cut.