Part 7

y/n Reid POV:

You see your dad walk back in and sits beside you and grabs your hand. "y/n, they are going to have to keep you here until tomorrow to make sure you don't pass out again. They are going to give you some medication that will hopefully make it better." He pauses for a minute, "y/n, did you have a flashback of Hankel?" You broke into tears and nod, "It felt so real, I thought he was beating me again and I couldn't move or breath or-" He wraps his arms around you, "Oh sweetie, you're okay now, I've got you." You eventually calm down as he rubs your head. "Do you want me to get your hair out of your face?" You look up and say, "Yes." He stands up and begins to braid your hair, this always calms you down and being a single dad, he got pretty good at doing hair. "Okay, all done." he says as he wraps it at the bottom. You smile as he sits back down holding your hand, then Dr. Charles walks in, "Okay y/n, I have some medication right here that I need you to take, it should help with the fainting and heavy breathing." He hands it to you and you take it, then he looks toward your dad and says, "Okay Doctor, I'm gonna have you step out of the room while I talk to your daughter, it's just required." He stands up and says, "I understand Doctor." Your dad walks out and Dr. Charles sits down beside you. "y/n, have you ever passed out from any panic attacks or anxiety attacks?" You look up and quickly say, "Not in a while, I think it was just because of the flash back, but I only have those like three times a year, I really am fine." you say as you try to get up. He gestures you to lay down, "y/n, I have dealt with many kids with PTSD, they don't usually pass out after an anxiety attack, twice in one night for that matter." You respond with, "Technically, I only passed out once, the first time I almost, but I wouldn't consider it losing consciousness because the definition of losing consciousness is a partial or complete loss of the perception of yourself and all that around you-" He chuckles, "You really do have an IQ of 179." You occasionally went on these tangents and regretted it immediately after. "Sorry." He smiles, "You're okay!"

He continues to ask you questions for a while about last night and the incident. He goes to grab your dad and when he comes back he says, "Well, I guess you are okay as long as you take the medication daily and stay here until tomorrow for further observation, I do want to get a neuro consult before you leave to make sure it's nothing physical." Your dad shakes the Doctor's hand and says, "Thank you Dr. Charles." He nods and walks out. About five minutes later a nurse walks in and takes you to a hospital room. She shows all of the buttons and leaves the room. "Sorry dad for not letting you go to work today." He looks at you confused, "y/n, you don't need to worry about that, I told Hotch and he is fine with that, I just wanna make sure you're okay." You smile and lay down to try to get some sleep. A few hours later you wake up to your dad nudging you. "Hey y/n, my friends wanted to make sure you were okay so they came to visit, is that okay?" You processed what he was saying half asleep[, "Yeah." He nods to the door and the whole group comes in, you then see Garcia in the back with balloons, flowers, and care baskets, way more than what the rest of the team brought. "Hey y/n, how are you?" Rossi asks. You smile and say, "I'm good really, you all didn't need to come." Garcia comes out from the back and says, "Nope, what you need is some famous chicken noodle soup from Aunt Penny!" You chuckle, "Okay." They all laugh and begin to talk as Penelope gets the soup ready for you. Hotch separates from the group to check on you. "y/n, are you sure you're okay, you have been through the anniversary effect before, but it wasn't this bad." You smile and say reassuringly, "I'm fine really, I guess I've been stressed out and that on top of it messed me up, I'm fine." He smiles and Penelope comes over and hands you some soup. You all begin to talk for about half an hour until Hotch says, "We've got a case, Reid you stay here, We'll call you if we need you." Your dad nods and they all say their goodbyes. A few minutes later a Doctor walks in, "Hello, I am Dr. Shepherd(I like Doctor shows), I will be giving your daughter a neuro consult." Your dad shakes his hand and the doctor walks over to you. He begins doing his tests and asks you questions. "So y/n, what's been going on." You respond, "I'm just going through the anniversary effect and I have had a lot of stress on my plate. It's nothing." He chuckles confused slightly, "Well I'm sure it's just that but I still have to check you out to see if it's a concussion." He begins to do more tests but sees nothing. "Well I don't see anything so you should be good to go a bit early, just as long as you don't black out again." You smile and he walks out of the room. Your dad says, "Well, I will see if I can get the discharge papers, I will be right back." Once he left, you let out a big sigh and closed your eyes, but when you closed your eyes, you saw him. You started breathing heavily and the heart monitor began to beep loudly. Suddenly, you couldn't breath so you began pressing the help button over and over again. Dr. Shepherd ran in followed by your dad. Dr. Shepherd leaned the bed back and shined a flashlight in your eyes, "y/n, look at me, look right here, you're safe." You heard yelling but could not see, all you could see and feel was Peter beating you. Then, everything went black.