Part 44

y/n Reid POV:

(Seconds before) As you were reading his books, the door was opened. You thought it was Derek until you looked up and saw her, Cat. She had a .45 caliber pistol pointed right at your head(hence her name). Your eyes widened, but you couldn't scream, she demanded, "Get up!" You stood up and put your hands up, then, she hit a remote, the lights began to flicker and you heard her voice over the monitor. It was a recording. You were disgusted by her voice, "Hey Spencie, how are you? Or, most importantly, how's y/n?" She then grabbed you by your neck and had you in a chokehold in the corner of the room. She then hit your head with the gun and held it against your head. Your head began to bleed very badly. You then saw Derek, Hotch, Prentiss, and your dad walk into the room with guns all pointed at Cat(Rossi and JJ went to go find backup). You heard Hotch say, "Let her go Cat." She evilly chuckled, "No, I want to hear Spencie say it!" Your dad sighed, "Cat, let my daughter go, please. She doesn't deserve this, take me instead." That's almost exactly what your dad said almost 3 ½ years ago with Tobias Hankel. The words hit you like a truck. She smiled and pushed the gun harder against your skull. You winced in pain, "Spencie, have your team put down their guns, and then I will negotiate." Derek walked in front of the team, "No, we don't negotiate, you let her go, or we shoot." She pressed it even harder. She demanded, "Put the guns down, or I will not hesitate to kill her right here." Your dad put his gun back in his holster and held up his hands, "No you won't Cat. We profiled you, I spent weeks studying you. You said in your note that you would kill us both, but you came in here knowing you would only be able to kill one of us if you came in alone. If you killed my daughter, you knew that would kill me on the inside, but I profiled you, you wouldn't kill her so that I suffer, you would kill me. You knew she wouldn't be able to take it and she would finish the job for you. So that brings me to my conclusion that-" Oh no, you realized it too. There is a sniper somewhere, aimed at your dad. Hotch, Prentiss, and Morgan also realized because they all ducked down just as a bullet flew over your heads. Without thinking, Hotch shot Cat in the shoulder, she let go of you as you fell to the floor. You had lost too much blood from your head. Then, everything went fuzzy. You could faintly hear Morgan say, "Reid, get cover, I got y/n." Suddenly, you felt yourself being lifted into Derek's arms and carried out of the room. You couldn't stay awake after that. You could hear people yelling, but you couldn't make out what they were talking about. Suddenly, you heard your dad saying, "y/n, y/n, stay with me!" You felt his hand in yours, you squeezed to let him know you were alive. You slowly opened your eyes, you realized you were on one of their desks and the whole team was gathered around you. Your dad gave you a hug and whispered, "You're okay now." You tried to sit up but Derek said, "Lay down kid, don't hurt yourself." You laid back down and asked, "What happened?" Hotch answered, "There was a sniper hiding in the building next to us. We knew we had to get both you and your dad out of there, we knew he would be aiming for the both of you. Derek got you out, we arrested the sniper, and Cat is in the hospital and will soon be in jail again." You nodded and let out a sigh of relief. Your dad stood up and said, "Yep, but we need to get you to a hospital." He began to grab his things, you shook your head, "No, no, no, I'm fine." You see his quick look of concern, he knew you were scared to go back there. He gave Hotch a look that told him everything. Hotch said, "y/n, the paramedics are still here, I'll call one up to check up on you." You nod and close your eyes again until you are wrapped in a tight hug by Penelope. She squealed, "Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're okay!" You chuckled, "Yeah, me too." As she began to ramble, the paramedics team came in and began to check you out. One said, "Okay y/n, I need you to look at this flashlight, follow it for me." He began to finish to see if you were okay. He then wrapped your head. After he was done he told your dad, "She looks fine, she probably just passed out because of the lack of blood flowing in the brain and the stress of the situation. Just keep the wrap on for two days and if she has any symptoms such as nausea-" You interrupted him, "Seizing, headaches, numbness in the limbs, difficulties in speech, ect." He nodded, "Yeah, bring her in if any of that happens." Your dad nodded and said, "Thank you." The paramedics team walked out and out sat up on the desk. You looked at you dad and said, "Can we go-" He chuckled, "Yeah, let's go home." Hotch walked both of you out to the car. When you got there, he said to your dad, "Take as much time as you need." He nodded and then Hotch bent down to your level and put a hand on your shoulder, "Call me if you need anything. Okay?" You nodded and said, "Okay." He helped you get into your dad's car and he sped off. You just awaited the conversation you would have at home.

The ride home was silent, you both didn't know what to say. Then, he broke the silence and said, "I'm glad you're okay y/n." You just looked out the window and nodded, you didn't want to talk to him. You always had a voice in your head, it always said that he was the one who made your life miserable, and he was. It's his fault that this always happens, it's his fault you didn't get to say goodbye to your mom. Once you got home, you quickly went inside to avoid talking to him, you tried to make your way up the stairs, but he stopped you. He said, "y/n, you can't hide from me forever. I can tell that you're angry so let's just get this over with now." You sighed and turned around. You went to sit on the couch and he sat on the coffee table in front of you. You looked down and said quietly, "I'm just, I'm tired of this." He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows, "Tired of what?" Tired of what? Are you kidding me! He knows exactly what I mean! You looked up and began to raise your voice, "Everything! This year has been a living hell for me, and when I look back at everything that has happened, it all traces back to you." He stood up clearly angry, "And what do you want me to do about that? Leave you on your own? I know you don't like the situation you're in, but I'm your father y/n, you have no one else." He was right, you had no friends, no one who you could stay with who didn't work for the FBI. Your mom was gone. You had no one. Tears began to come but you held them back, "I know that! Just leave me alone!" You tried to go to your room to get rid of some of the pain. You kept two blades for safe keeping but hadn't used it in a long time. But, he stood in the way. You were now pissed and full on crying, "Oh my God, please just leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you!" He still stood in the way and calmly said, "y/n, calm down, tell me what you are feeling-" Fed up with his therapist bullshit, you cried, "Dad! Leave me alone...please!" You saw it in his eyes, he realized that you were about to go cut. Damn profilers. He looked at you sympathetically and softly said, "y/n, where is it?" Your voice broke, "Where's what?" He then said, "Let's go up to your room." He guided you up to your room as you were sniffling. When you got upstairs, you opened the door to your room and he followed you to the corner where you kept it, it was in your lamp. You slowly grabbed it and placed it into his hand. You looked up at him as stared into your eyes, he was profiling you. He then raised his eyebrows, "Where's the other one." You look at him confused trying to play it off, "What?" He quietly but sternly said, "y/n, I know you have one more, tell me where it is." You just began to cry more as you grabbed onto his arm trying to keep him from going through your stuff, "Dad please-" He then began to walk around the room and proceeded to look for places you might have hidden it. You had placed it where he wouldn't suspect though, usually you were very careful when placing your things, but this time, you just put it on a shelf in your closet. He aggressively looked through your things, but then gave up and walked over to you. He raised his eyebrows and said, "y/n, tell me where it is. I just want to help you-" You sobbed, "And I just want the pain to go away!" His voice got louder, "And you think cutting yourself is going to fix that?" You worriedly looked down and said, "It helps for a little bit-" He then yelled, "Oh yeah, then what? What happens after that-that 5 minute high you get? You just have to keep doing it! You think I don't know what addiction is like but trust me, I know! And I know this is best for you. Now tell me, where is it?" You looked down but accidentally glanced at the closet, shit. He nodded and went to your closet to find the blade thrown on the shelf. He picked it up but you pleaded one last time, "Dad, just once-" He looked at you with pity, "y/n, no. I will get you the real help you need." With that, he left you alone in your room. You fell on the bed to your back, looking up at the ceiling. When can it just end? 

I just want to give a special shout out to @the_bi_twat! I love your hype soo much!! You make my day every time you comment!