Part 48

You decided to go into the living room and you saw your dad reading a book, then he stood up. He looked at you in shock, you were confused. You looked like you hadn't gotten any sleep in days. Your dad motioned for you to go sit by him on the couch. You did and you just laid your head on his chest. He put his arm around your shoulder pulling you in closer towards him. He laid his head on top of yours and said, "I think it would be a good idea to go see Dr. Melrose again?" You felt tears form in your eyes, you knew it wasn't a 'do you want to' question. You knew you would have to go anyways, whether you liked it or not. You didn't want to go though, you just wanted to be normal for one. Why couldn't I just have a normal life? 

You began to cry, your dad then looked down at you and then pulled you in closer. He whispered, "Hey, shh, sweetie, it's okay." You changed the subject, "No it's not, it never will be. Dad, I just want to be normal. I hate this!" He asked confused, "Hate what?" You answered back, "I hate being the 'odd' one out of the group! I hate being a victim! I hate having everyone pity me! I just want to have a normal life." He didn't know what to say, he knew that you would never get that. He just said, "I know. I'm sorry you never got that chance." He then changed the subject back to his original statement, "y/n, I signed you up for an appointment with Dr. Melrose tomorrow okay? We can leave work early." 

You just cried back in his chest, "Okay." After a bit of crying, you pulled away and looked up at him. He wiped off one of your tears and said, "You know I am only doing this for your own good, right?" You sadly nodded, "I know." He then pushed your hair back and said, "Rossi invited us over for dinner tonight with the rest of the team, want to go?" You answered, "Sure!" You loved Rossi's cooking. Your dad then got up and grabbed something from the kitchen, a speaker. You looked at him confused and followed him into the kitchen and asked, "What's that?" He answered, "Well, I got a few speakers linked up around the house so that we could play classical music around the house." What a dork! You chuckled, "Umm, okay." He laughed, "What?" He then turned on the classical music and held out his hand. You took his hand and he said, "Remember when mom and I taught you how to dance when you were little! You would always step on my toes." You chuckled and continued dancing. You whispered, "I miss her." He sighed and said, "I know sweetie, I do too." You continued to dance for a little bit, then you decided to go get ready for the day. 

(Later that day) 

You heard your dad ask from the other room, "Hey y/n, can you be ready in about twenty minutes, we need to pick up something from the store for tonight." You responded, "Yeah." You then got ready. You put on a cute blue dress with a Burberry jacket that Rossi got you for Christmas one year(he really does treat you like one of his grandchildren). You did your hair and makeup, put on heels, and then went downstairs. Your dad smiled and said, "You look beautiful." Your cocky self couldn't help it, "I know." He chuckled and said, "Okay, let's go get a picture." He took a picture of you in front of the doorway and then you got in the car. On the way to Rossi's you asked, "Will Henry be there tonight?" He chuckled and asked, "Is that why you dressed up?" You giggled, "Nooo, but will he?" He sighed, "Yes." You squealed and said, "Yay."

 You finally got to the grocery store and you both went in. You asked, "What are we getting? Isn't he cooking something?" Your dad sighed, "Yes, but we need to get flowers." You looked at him confused as he sighed, "Oh no, you're exactly like me." You laughed, "What?" He said, "Alright, I had to learn this on my own...When you are invited to someone's house, you typically bring something to show appreciation to their welcome." You looked at him still confused, "Why can't 'thank you' be enough-" He interrupted, "y/n, we're both practically high functioning sociopaths, don't ask me why 'thank you' isn't enough." You both chuckled and grabbed some roses. Your dad paid and you headed out to the car to go to Rossi's. 

When you got there, you walked inside and Rossi took your coat to hang up on the rack. Then he gave you a hug and said, "Hey Reid's, come into the kitchen, I'm almost done with the spaghetti." You followed him in to see Henry and Jack. You quickly walked towards him and he gave you a hug, "Hey y/n, I missed you." You whispered back, "I did too.". When Rossi finished cooking, you sat next to Henry and caught up. After you finished eating, you both went and sat on the couch in the other room for peace and quiets. He put his arm around yours and whispered, "I love you y/n." You rested your head on his chest and whispered, "I love you too." He then said, "I want you to always know I'm here for you. I know you have gone through a lot and I just want you to know that I'm here for you and I'm always just a phone call away." You started tearing up and your voice broke, "I know." You closed your eyes and just relaxed your head on his shoulder. You didn't know when, but you fell asleep. 

Then, you woke up to hearing a camera, it was Derek and Rossi. You quickly opened your eyes and Derek chuckled, "You kids are cute." You both giggled and then your dad walked in the room and asked, "Hey y/n, it's time to go." You nodded and grabbed your things. Henry followed you to the door. You gave him a hug and said, "Bye Henry." He then gave you a light kiss on your forehead and said, "Bye y/n." Everyone chuckled and he just gave you a cute smirk and winked. Then, your dad and you walked back to the car and drove home. The car ride back was pretty quiet until your dad broke the silence, "You're appointment is at 2:00PM tomorrow. We will go into work at normal time, leave early, and if they need me go back after your session." 

You didn't hear anything after, "appointment." You hated therapy, like your dad, you didn't like to talk about your problems. You ignored him and just looked at the window as it began to lightly sprinkle. You didn't want to look at your dad, he knew you hated therapy. He started, "y/n, I know you're mad, but-" You didn't look up from the window, "No, it's fine." You felt tears form in your eyes, you quickly wiped them away and just ignored the world. All you could focus on was nothing. You just watched as the rain fell down the window of the car door. When you got to the house, it was late, around 11:00PM. Your dad opened his door and realized you weren't getting out of the car.

 You were too, just, mentally drained to move. He tried to coax you out, "Come on sweetie, let's go inside. We can talk about it." You didn't move, you just let a tear fall from your eye. He then said more sternly, "Let's go. You can't stay in the car all night, it's not safe." What? You're gonna get kidnapped in your own garage?! You just sassily sighed and rolled your eyes. As you got out your dad followed you in the house and said very quietly but got the point across, "y/n, do not have that attitude with me." You just angrily went into the house and put your stuff on the counter, then you tried to go up to your room knowing you would get in trouble if you argued with him. I mean, you were smart, but that man, he never loses an argument. As you make your way to the stairs, your dad says, "Come back here." You stop and turn around and say, "Yes?" Your dad says, "y/n, why don't you want to go to therapy." Your voice got a bit louder, "Because it just-" You were lost at words, you didn't want to get into a fight. He then said louder, almost yelling, scaring you "It's just what? It just doesn't make everything go away? y/n, nothing can make all of it go away! You of all people should know that! And you need to accept that!" Okay, forget what I just said about not wanting to get into a fight. You raised your eyebrows in shock then yelled back, "I know! I know none of that is going to go away because I still am struggling! But it never helps! I've gone to countless therapy sessions but none of them have ever made me feel any better-" He yelled back, "Because you don't let them! You know what you do?" - His voice got quiet and stern- "You go in, thinking you don't need it. You go in acting like someone you're not just to get out of it! You never let anyone help you! But the truth is, that's all you want, help! That's why you get mad at me all the time, it's because you want help so badly, but when I actually try to help you, you push me and everyone else around us away, but the truth is, you just don't want anyone knowing that you're scared of the fact that just someone talking could make everything that had  ever happened to you go away!" You looked down and just started letting all of your tears flow out. You rubbed your eyes with your hands, your voice broke, "I know, and I'm sorry."