Part 50

The next morning, you woke up to the light of your dad's lamp. You squinted and groaned, "Turn that off." He chuckles and ruffles your hair, "Good Morning to you too." You sigh and put your head under the pillow but your dad takes it off and says, "y/n, go get ready we need to leave in about 30 minutes." You sighed and tiredly walked to your room. You quickly got ready in about 20 minutes and then headed downstairs. Your dad was reading and he handed you a cup of coffee, "Here you go." You gladly took the coffee and he said, "Okay, it's time to go. You got everything?" You nodded and headed to the car, then, you remembered about your therapy session later today. The car ride was quite like always until your dad said, "Are you going to tell Dr. Melrose about last night?" You rolled your eyes and sassily said, "Sure!" Your dad gave you a glare, "y/n, I'm just asking." You spoke back, "Well, you don't need to." He sternly pointed a finger towards you and said, "Quit it with the attitude, do you understand?" You rolled your eyes once more and you dad pulled over into the nearest parking lot, shit, I'm in trouble. He pulled into a parking spot and gave you the most serious face ever and calmly but sternly said, "y/n Diana Reid, are you done with that?" You yelled back, "Done with what?" He got louder, "Done with all... that!? What has gotten into you y/n?" You just looked out the window and ignored him, he was not too happy about that. He strictly said, "y/n, you have three seconds to answer me." You answered, "Or what? Are you going to point your gun at my head...because guess what? That won't affect me! Nothing will!" He shockingly raised his eyebrows at you, "y/n Diana, what the hell is wrong with you?" You crossed your arms and just ignored him. He looked at the time on the dashboard and said, "I don't have time for this shit, I'm late for work." You rolled your eyes and he drove aggressively. Once you got to the building, you got out of the car and slammed your door. When you walked out of the elevator, everyone could tell you both were pissed. You threw your stuff on the desk beside your dad's and went to Emily's desk. She said, "What's gotten into you?" You whisper-yelled, "Why does everyone keep saying that?!" She widened her eyes, "Who said that?" You answered, "My dad and I got into an argument on the way over here, and he kept asking that." She answered, "Why did you fight?" You rolled your eyes, "Apparently, I have an attitude." She chuckled and said, "You're a teenage girl, you're gonna have an attitude. Don't worry, I'll tell him to go easy on you." You smiled and then frowned. She noticed and asked, "Hey, why are you frowning." A tear fell from your eye and you whispered, "Can we go talk?" She rubbed your back and said, "Of course sweetie, come on." She took you to an empty room and shut the blinds. Then she asked, "What's going on?" You looked down, your voice broke as you spoke, "I-I don't want to go back to therapy. I- I, I don't know why...I just. I see everyone else on the team, they push through their trauma, you all don't have nightmares like me. You don't have to go to therapy all the time. It doesn't affect you at all, and-and if I...I don't think I can go into this line of work if I can't get over a gun pointed at my head." At this point you were sobbing. She brought you into a hug, a tear fell from her eyes, she hated to see you upset. She started by saying, "y/n, first of all. You are completely wrong about us. This team, we don't just 'push through' our trauma. We have all had to go to therapy, heck, I have it tomorrow." She asked, "My dad doesn't-" She nodded her head, "Yes, your dad has to go to therapy and counseling sessions. He is just like us. And second, you are much younger. The reason your dad is sending you to therapy is because he knows childhood trauma is much worse than just any other trauma. He knows it will stick with you forever and he wants you to know how to deal with it. And y/n, we all have nightmares about this stuff and getting a gun pointed at you. y/n, you have to realize, that's traumatic for everyone. Don't belittle your problems just because you don't see the whole story, because trust me, we all are struggling." You nodded and said, "Thanks Emily." She hugged you again and said, "You'll get through this sweets." With that, you both walked out of the room and headed back to your desk. When you got back to your desk beside your dad's, you could tell he was still frustrated with you. Emily followed behind you and whispered something to your dad. Your dad looked up at you and followed behind Emily. You nervously fiddled with your hands and watched them leave the room.

Spencer Reid POV:

    When y/n came back and sat by her desk, Emily came up to you and whispered, "We need to talk." You followed her into an empty room and she shut the door. She quietly said, "You need to go easier on y/n." You fuzzled your eyebrows and asked, "Why?" She answered, "She has been going through a lot and it's hard for her." You asked a bit frustrated, "That doesn't give her an excuse to have an attitude with me." She sighed and said, "Spencer, she is a mentally unstable teenage girl. You have to go easy on her. There are hormones running through her body and-" You sighed and said, "Okay, I get it." She raised her eyebrows and said, "Okay, now go apologise to her." You smirked at her, "You know I hate it when you're right." She followed you out the door, "Yeah, I know." You walked back to your desk where y/n was sitting nervously. You calmly went up to her and lightly tabbed on her back, you whispered in her ear, "Hey sweetie, I'm sorry about this morning, I just-" She answered back, "It's okay." You gave her a hug from behind while she was still sitting and said, "I love you sweets." She smiled and said, "Me too."

Sorry this chapter is short babes :(