Part 20

2 months later:

    Two months had passed since the incident with the third Hankel. Your dad's leg had gotten better and you went to work with him all the time now, Hotch even set you up with a small desk. Your cutting hadn't gotten much better, but you were still working on it. You had been addicted for so long, it was hard to stop. One day, when you and your dad went to work, you saw Henry and Jack(they are both 16, you had a good relationship with both, but you were all just friends). Hotch came up to you and your dad and asked, "I am taking Henry and Jack to the shooting range after work to get them some experience, does y/n want to come?" You nodded and looked at your dad hopeful, your dad responded saying, "Sure, as long as she is careful." You grin really big and Hotch chuckles and looks at you, "Okay, we will leave around 4 then and I will bring you back home." You nod and go to your small desk, but after a while, you got bored and headed to the break room where you saw Jack and Henry. You smiled and hugged them(you haven't seen them in a while), "Hey guys!" They both hugged you back and said, "Hey y/n! We missed you!" You three caught until you got a text from your dad to bring his coffee, "Well, that's my dad, I'll see you both later!" You went to your dad's desk and gave him his coffee, then you headed to Penelope's lair and saw all of the girls in the room whispering. They see you walk in and immediately get quiet, you look at them confused and say, "What is going on?" Emily chuckles and says, "Umm, JJ?" You look at JJ until she responds, "Well... we talked to Henry and umm..." She hesitated until you gave her a look, "He is going to ask you out tonight I think. Don't feel forced to go, but, I think considering what you have gone through, I think it would be nice to have a change." You smiled really big, you always had a little crush on Henry, you and Jack were like siblings, but Henry was different. You giggled and said, "Okay." They all laughed, they could tell you were really excited. You walked out of the room and went to your desk and looked through some old cases your dad gave you to give you some practice. You stared at them for hours not realizing the two boys behind you. They whispered, "y/n." It startled you and you jumped up from your chair. Jack laughed and said, "Woah, sorry, we just wanted to ask if you wanted anything from Panera, we were gonna order something." You smiled and nodded, he gave you his phone and you put in your order. The food showed up about 20 minutes later, you all decided to go outside to eat it. The three of you talked and Henry asked you about school, "How is school going for you y/n?" You told him about how you were taking some college courses now so that you could get a doctors degree by the time you were 17. They both laughed and Henry said, "That's impressive y/n!" You blushed and Jack nudged you, apparently, he could tell when you liked someone. He also knew that Henry would ask you out later. The time passed by very slowly until the clock reached 3:55. Hotch came by your desk and said, "Are you ready?" You said, "Yep!" He waited for you to grab your bag and you walked out with Hotch followed by both boys. You all got into his black SUV, he let you get into the passenger seat and the boys sat in the back. It took about 30 minutes to get there, the ride was silent. When you got to the shooting range, you all went inside and Hotch got you all in. You all had your own lane to shoot in. As you set up your target, Hotch gave you his extra gun, "Now, I taught you how to shoot this a while ago so that you would be better than your dad, can you still do it?" You nodded your head confidently and put your ear mufflers and glasses on. You hold up your gun and begin shooting. You missed the first couple of times, it made you a bit mad, the boys looked at you and snickered. You gave them a serious look and rolled your eyes, then you raised your gun and shot the target in the exact middle(you looked so badass). You pulled down your gun and smirked at the boys, they laughed and you all went back to shooting. After about 30 minutes, you all had enough and began to pack up your things. Hotch took the gun from you and put it in his holster. As you all walked to the car, Jack and his dad sped up in front of you about 10 feet and whispered about something. It was just you and Henry, it was silent for a bit, then he spoke up. "Hey y/n, I was wondering, would you like to... ummm, go out with me sometime like- to dinner as a-" You interrupted him, "Yes!" You tried to hide your excitement but it was hard. When you got in the car, Jack winked at Henry and Hotch winked at you. You smiled the whole ride back. When you got to your house, Henry said that he would walk you up to the door, you both held hands as you walked up to the door. You rang the doorbell and your dad opened the door, "Hey guys, how did it go?" Henry said, "It went great! I was wondering umm, is it okay if I take y/n on a date sometime?" Your dad smiled and chuckled, "Yes, that is fine Henry." You both smile and you walk into the house, "Bye Henry!" He smiled and walked back to Hotch's SUV. You giggled and your dad jokingly rolled his eyes. You skipped to your room and decided to write in your diary, I have a boyfriend.

    The next few days you waited for a text from Henry. Everytime your phone buzzed, you immediately checked it. While you were at dinner with your dad and your phone buzzed. It was just a spam email. Your dad asked, "What was that?" You sighed and said, "Just a spam email." He looks down and says, "You have been quite jumpy everytime your phone rings, why?" You laugh thinking it's obvious, "Ummm, I have a boyfriend now." He laughs and says, "Okay." He was obviously in denial. You began to eat your food and you got another text, it was from Henry, "Hey y/n, do you want to go to y/f/r(your favorite restaurant) at 6:00 Friday night?" Your eyes got wide and you grinned really big. Your dad asked, "Was it him?" You nod really big and he laughs. You tell him the date and time and he approved. You told Henry, "Sounds good! See you then!" When you went home, you figured out what you were going to wear, it was only Wednesday, but you wanted to be prepared. - The next morning, you woke up and got ready like usual, you went to work with your dad. Right as you walked into the door, you headed straight to Penelope's lair, she was there with the other girls. You walked in and smiled, JJ looked at you and said, "Congratulations!" They all squealed and hugged you, Emily said, "You're all grown up!" You four girls talked about what you would wear and how you would do your make-up. Penelope was almost as excited as you were. Later that day, you did a bunch of homework(you finished your highschool courses, this was college credits). You went to get some coffee and you were stopped by Derek, "Hey kid, I heard you got yourself a boyfriend." You laughed and said, "Yep!" He smiled and gave you a pat on the back, "Good! Just don't be kissing!" You responded with, "Actually, kissing is safer than shaking hands... statistically-" He interrupted you and chuckled, "Yeah okay Reid! I'll see you later!" He walked away and you finished making your coffee, you walked back to your desk and completed your work. Once you were done, your dad asked, "You ready? I don't have much to do today!" You nodded your head and you both headed home. When you got home, you cooked a small dinner and ate it in your room. For some reason, you seemed sad, you told yourself, y/n, you are going on your first date tomorrow, don't be sad. What's wrong with you?" You begin to cry slowly, you go for your blade and look at it for a while. You hesitate but run it down your arm and wince in pain. You had a realization and stood up fast, you went downstairs to see your dad watching TV. You slowly walk towards him and he looks at you confused, "What's wrong sweetie?" You look at him sadly, hand him the blade and show him your bleeding arm all while lightly sobbing, "I'm sorry dad." He quickly stands up and takes the blade and hugs you tightly, "Sweetie, please don't do this." You cry into his warm chest, you listen to his heartbeat. He pulls away and grabs the first aid kit. You sit down as he cleans up your wound, "Sweetie, I know it's hard, but just think about the date you will have tomorrow. Henry wouldn't want you doing this and neither do I. I love you so much, thank you for telling me." You nod and hug him again. That night you just watched TV with him and tried to remember the happy moments in life and why you were fighting.