Part 10

Present Day:

You look up after zoning out for about five seconds but what seemed like forever. I'm feeling fine dad, really, I can go home. I don't need this stupid therapy and shit." He scoffs and sticks his finger out, "Okay, first of all, language. Second of all, it's not stupid, everyone needs it, and after what you have gone through, you need it too." You look at him dead serious, you got tired of him babying you all the time. You roll your eyes, raise your voice, "Here we go again with the, after all I've gone through, that's just bullshit. Everyone has their own crap they have to deal with, I just need to grow up and deal with mine, but really, I don't think I can. I just want it all to end.-" you begin to cry and he interrupts you, "y/n, y/n," He grabs your hands because you begin to shake from the anxiety attack you were having, "Hey sweetie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to sound that way... it's just that you can't just think that your feelings are invalid because they're not." You look up and meet his eyes, "You have gone through a lot and I just want you to have someone to talk to, it's not a babyish thing if you have a therapist- even I do." You look at him confused, "You do?" He lightly chuckles, "Yeah, when your mom died I had to get one and I have been going once a month since then." You smile reassuringly and look up at him, "Thanks." He nods and gives you a hug, you rest your head on his chest and fall asleep. You and him were cramped in that hospital bed but you made it through the night. You wake up and to your dad sitting beside you filling out papers. "Good morning sweetie." You squint, still trying to wake up, "What are you doing?" He smiles and pats you on the head, "Filling out your discharge papers." You wake up from hearing that, since the moment you got here, you wanted to go home. "Yay! Also, when can I get signed up for homeschool?" He smiles, "I will probably do it next week so that I can get caught up on some work so I guess you can hang out at the compound for the next week." You smile and say, "Okay." He then walks out of the room to hand the discharge papers to the nurse while you get ready to leave. He walks in and says. "Okay y/n, are you ready to leave?" You get excited and say a bit too loudly, "Yes!" He laughs and says, "Okay, let's go." You begin to walk beside him and he puts his arm around your shoulder.

You both walk out of his black SUV and he opens your door and helps you climb in. Then he gets on the other side and begins to drive home. He chuckles a little, you knew how to read his body language, he was planning something. You look at him and giggle, "What are you planning?" He looks at you fakely confused, "What are you talking about y/n?" You let out a big laugh, "You have that look on your face, the same look when you had a surprise birthday party for me." He smirks and ruffles your hair, "I have no idea what you are talking about!" When you pull up to the house, you see a bunch of cars. You laugh and ask, "You invited the whole team over didn't you!" He laughs and says, "Maybe." You smile and walk in the house and see the whole team with balloons everywhere, "Surprise," everyone says collectively. You look at your dad and say, "Thanks." You go to drop off your stuff in your room and go to the living room where everyone was sitting. You begin to open your mouth to say something but Hotch got a call, "I'll be right back." he says as he walks out of the room. You sit down and say, "Thank you everyone for being here!" Penelope then comes over and gives you a huge gift basket full of candy, spa things, anything you can imagine was in the basket. "I hope this is enough!" You look at her in shock and hug her, "Penelope, it's more than enough!" Then, Hotch walks in with a serious look on his face, "Sorry to ruin the party but we've got a case in Vegas, I need all hands on deck. Penelope, that means your coming with us." She looks at him surprised, "Oh, um, okay sir." He responds with, "Wheels up in 30." Everyone begins to grab their things and leave to get their go bag, your dad goes to ask Hotch a question. He nods his head and your dad kneels in front of you on the couch, "Will you be up for going? If not I will have to find someone to watch you but I think it would be much easier just-" You nod yes and get up to go get your go bag and meet your dad back in the living room. He asks, "Okay, you ready?" You nod and head to the car to meet the others at the airport. You were used to being on the go all the time, you kinda liked it. You used to always have to stay with Penelope when your dad went on cases, you were only allowed on the big ones. Your dad drives to the airport and about halfway there he says, "Are you sure you want to go, I-I think this case involves teen girls and I just don't want you to-" You look at him reassuringly, "I'm fine, I should be able to handle this...just as long as I don't get kidnapped this time." When you are very nervous, you deal with trauma comedically, your dad hates it." He looks at you upset, "I-ugh, y/n," You laugh, "I'm sorry but it was either that or an anxiety attack. You know actually studies show that laughter improves depression, trauma, and other mood disorders by-" He looks at you upset and sympathetically, "y/n, I know, it's just- wait... do I sound like that when I state off random facts?" You giggle, "Yeah kinda!" He laughs, "Remind me not to do that anymore." You say, "There's no stopping it." You both chuckle and arrive at the airport. You both put on sunglasses and walk up the steps to get on the plane(you both look like baddies". You see Hotch, Prentiss, and Morgan already there. You set your stuff down on the couch and talk with Morgan. "How you feeling, kid?" You smile and say, "You know what, I'm feeling actually great! I like going on cases with you all." He chuckles and says, "That's good!"