Part 37

You look back at him in shock, "I'm sorry, it's just-" He interrupts you calmly, "y/n, I think it would be a good idea to go to a mental hospital for about two weeks. It could really help you get your life back together-" What the hell? Are you kidding me! At this point you could hardly keep it together. You began to yell, "Oh! So you're the one who told that to my dad-" He interrupted, "I never told-" You interrupted, "No! I know you did so don't try to play dumb! First, you sent me to a freaking therapist who you claimed to be the best, but now you want me to go to a psych ward? For nightmares! When does it end? Don't you get it? I'm already broken to the point I can't be repaired-" He stopped you, "You can be repaired y/n, you're just not willing to yet." You took in a deep breath realizing he was right. You began, "If you know I'm not willing to change, why are you making me go to therapy in the first place?" He sat down and said, "Because we need you to be willing to change. That is why you need to go to a mental hospital, they will help you change. It won't be fun but-" He already told your dad to get you registered. 

The realization hit you like a truck. Tears fell from your eyes as he walked over to you, your voice broke, "No, no, no! Please don't! I don't want to go! No, no! I'll change, I'll get better, I don't-" You were shaking so he just walked over to you and hugged you, "I'm sorry." You just stayed in his arms for a while trying to catch your breath. As much as you hated him and your dad right now, they were the people you needed the most. Hotch always delivered bad news to you because your dad couldn't bring himself ever to do it. After a bit, you eventually calmed down. It was just an act to get you out of Hotch's office, inside, you were furious. You pulled away from the hug and he said, "You know I don't-" You quietly said so your voice wouldn't break, "I know." You then walked out of the room and ran to the bathroom. You locked the door so that no one would come in. You leaned on the wall and slid down as you began to cry. You started to scratch at your wrists trying to feel physical pain rather than mental. Suddenly, you see JJ walk out of the stall. Shocked at your appearance, she squats down and pulls the hair out of your face. She whispers, "Sweetie, hey, it's okay." She works through some breathing exercises with you and then helps you stand up. She gives you a hug and says, "y/n, it's gonna be okay." You pulled away and said, "No it's not!" She began to stroke your hair, "Why not?" You began to pace, "My dad is sending me to a mental hospital!" The look on her face told you that she already knew. She then hugged you so that you would feel safe, you never really had a mom figure in your life, but she tried to fill it. She whispered, "Sweetie, I have seen the effects of depression first hand with my sister. I know that your dad just wants to keep you safe, he doesn't want to lose you. Your dad wants you just to be happy." You responded, "It doesn't feel like that." She pulled away and looked you right in the eyes, "I know, but you'll look back one day and know he is doing the right thing." You just nodded and acted like you agreed, but inside, you were still angry. She helped you wipe your tears and then you walked out of the restroom and went to your dad's desk. You sat on the empty desk next to him and acted like nothing happened, you were just planning what you were going to say to him tonight. He then checked his phone, the look on his face told you he was going to act like nothing happened either. He knew what was going on. He decided to play dumb and just ask, "So, did Hotch say you could work when you are 16?" You fake-smiled and sassily said, "He said that I could be a great asset to the team when I turn 16, he will just have to talk with Strauss." The look in his eyes told you he knew everything that everyone said in the last ten minutes, but he just said, "That's great!" You sassily said, "Yeah." You began to read for your certification. You then finished the last chapter, all you had left was the final exam. You looked at your dad and excitedly said, "Guess what?" He said, 'What?" You smiled, "I just have my final exam left, then I will be official to work here when I'm 16." He gave you a high-five, "That's amazing y/n! Do you want me to go get an empty office for you to take it right now?" He knew you liked to get as much done as you could so he knew you would want to get it over with. You nodded and took everything you needed for it. He found an empty office and gave you a kiss on the top of your head, "Good luck sweetie!" You smiled and then got set up to take it. It didn't feel right to take the exam knowing what was waiting at home but you didn't care. Like your dad, you were able to push personal things aside to do the task at hand. You gave yourself a quick pep-talk and began the online exam. The exam took you about an hour and a half. Once you finished, you immediately went to check your grade. Like usual, you made a 100%. You quickly ran out of the room with your score shown on your laptop. Everyone was gathered at your dad's desk, "I made a 100%!" Everyone smiled and your dad hugged you and picked you up, "That's great sweetie!" He put you down and everyone congratulated you, even Hotch. Once Hotch said, "Congratulations y/n, I talked to Strauss and she agreed to let you work here when you're 16." You fakely smiled, not wanting to talk to Hotch. Everyone then walked away and your dad said, "While you were taking your exam we caught the guy, he is in interrogation right now. We can leave in about 45 minutes!" You nodded and then just read the rest of the time you were there. In that exact amount of time, your dad grabbed his messenger bag and said, "Hotch said we were done for the day." It was around 3:00 in the afternoon. You grabbed all of your stuff and got into the car. Your dad asked, "Do you want to go get ice-cream to celebrate?" You were too angry. You just responded, "No thanks!" He then frowned and said, "y/n, I know you talked to Hotch-" You interrupted him and said, "I don't want to do this in the car." He nodded and kept driving. Once you got home you stomped inside. He shut the door and before you were even past the kitchen and before he could even speak, you yelled, "You lied to me!" He tried to speak but you interrupted him, "No! You don't get to talk! You lied to me! You said you wouldn't make me go! You listened to Hotch? Why? Explain please because I would like to know why you went to your boss about advice for my life and then lied to me about it." The both of your eyes were glistening with tears he began by yelling back, "Because I wanted you to get better! And you wouldn't calm down the other night unless I told you what you wanted to hear!" He was right. You didn't want to lose the argument so you yelled back, "Why did it come from him? Why can't you just man up and tell me?" He yelled back, "Because you get mad at me every time I make you do something you don't want to do! The blame always goes to me! Every time!" You knew you couldn't argue with that so you changed the subject, "Why did you lie?" He tried to calm down and said, "y/n, you need help. I was going to tell you but the other night, but  I just couldn't. I only lied because I didn't want you to freak out!" You raised your eyebrows, "Oh yeah! And how did that turn out?" He looked at you with tears in his eyes, "y/n, I know I'm in the wrong, but you need the help. Why can't you just accept-" You screamed, "BECAUSE I DON'T NEED IT! I'M FINE!" He yelled again, "No you're not y/n! You have severe depression, anxiety, PTSD! Anyone with these conditions needs help!" Your breathing got heavy, then everything went black.