Part 4

"When I cut, it just- it takes the pain away for a little bit," your voice continued to break, "the only problem is that it's just temporary and I have to keep doing it or else the pain comes back." He begins to talk but you interrupt him with teary eyes, "I know it sounds awful, and just- stupid, but it is the only thing that helps and I don't wanna do it anymore and I can't stop." He looks at you with sorrow in his eyes, he knew you your whole life, he didn't want to see you in pain, "y/n, y/n, look at me." You brought your sobbing self to look at him, "You will get through this." You begin to calm down and he begins to ask more questions. "Will he understand?"

After he asks all the questions he gave you some ways to help, "Now before you leave I want to go through some ways that you can help yourself. When you want to cut, first, tell your dad so that he can help you, I know it will be very hard, but he will be there and will do anything to help you. Then I want you to write down in a journal, three good things that happened to you that day all in different colors. Lastly, count to 100. If absolutely none of that works, you can get an ice cube and rub it wherever you want to harm yourself, it will let out the same pain in a non-harmful way" You look at him and smile, "Thanks Hotch." You both stand up and he gives you a hug, "y/n, if you need anything, I will be there." He leads you to the door and opens it for you. You walk out and head to your dad's desk where he is still working.

"How was it?" your dad asks as he spins around. You lightly smile, "It was good." He responds, "Well I'm glad... y/n I'm really proud of you for doing this." He always said this to you when you got good grades or did good at a sport, but this, this felt different. It gave you a feeling of relief. You always felt like you had to live up to his great legacy, but this made you realize that you had done enough. "Thanks." you said as you walked off to the breakroom to go get some food. You saw that Emily was in there so you got your food from the vending machine and went and sat by her. "Hey y/n! How have you been?" You look at her kind of gloomy and say, "I could be better." She looked at you and said, "y/n, your dad told me what you were going through, and before you get mad at him for telling me," she begins to roll up her sleeves, "I went through the same thing you are y/n, and I know it can be so hard for you to reach out, but I am here for you." You smile and say "Thanks." She gets up and hugs you, Prentiss was always like a motherly figure in your life, she took you shopping and taught you how to put a tampon in. Now, she was walking you through this. "Anytime kid. Well I've got work to do." She lets you go from the hug and waves bye as she walks out of the room. You sit at the table quietly and finish your food when Rossi comes in, "Hey kid how've you been?" he says peppy. You smile and say, "Good."

"Hey-" You look at him confused, "What are you eating?" He looks at you confused and disgusted. You look up and laugh, "They're my chips!" He smiles and says, "Come to my office, I brought some food since I knew you were coming today." You stand up and follow him into his office. Rossi was like a grandpa to you, he would always get you the best Christmas presents and let you sleep in his office when you were tired because he had a huge couch in there. When you get to his office he grabs a huge bowl of pasta from his mini fridge and other things, "Okay y/n, let's go back to the break room and make everyone some pasta. That sound good?" You look up and smile, "Absolutely!"