Part 70

It had been five months from your suicide attempt and after talking with your therapist and dad now, things were looking good for you. You got your medication changed so you were having less nightmares and you finished college and you received your PsyD. You wanted to take a small break from schooling since you received your PsyD in such short amount of time, but you still would beat your dad and get four doctorates. You also finished your internship at the BAU and applied for a job, you just had to wait until your 16th birthday. And enough of sitting at the empty desk next to your dad...that was now your desk that Hotch gave to you, with your name and tons of little toys from Penelope. You and Henry were still together and you both go on dates every weekend. He always checks up on you and makes sure you are always okay.You were finally happy now.

One day, you woke up and remembered, it's my 16th birthday. You quickly got ready for the day, showering and got dressed. Then, you ran down the stairs to see your dad in the kitchen with a plate of pancakes. He smiled as he lit the candle on the stack of pancakes, "Happy Birthday sweetie!" You smiled and blew out the candle. You then grabbed the plate and began to eat the pancakes. As you were eating, your dad grabbed a few boxes from the living room and carefully set them on the table in front of you. He smiled and said, "Open them." You started off with the first one he handed to you, it was in an envelope. You opened it up carefully and pulled out the paper inside and read it aloud, "Driver test?" He nodded and said, "I have an appointment scheduled for today!" You smiled from ear to ear and he said, "Okay, open the others." You grabbed the second box which felt a bit heavier, "Oh, be careful with that." You nodded and carefully opened it, it was your dad's Smith & Wesson model 65 revolver. You looked at him shocked as he said, "It's all yours now. Use it wisely." You smiled and gave him a hug, "Thanks dad!" He then chuckled and said, "That isn't even the best gift yet!" You looked at him confused as he handed you a small box. You slowly opened it and saw a pair of range rover keys. You looked at him shocked as he nodded his head towards the garage. You quickly sprinted outside to see a white range rover. He chuckled as you said, "NO WAY! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" You gave him a hug as he said, "It'll be yours once you pass your drivers test." You then looked at the car again and said, "Wait, this Emily's car...the one I've been practicing with-" He smiled and said, "It was the plan from day one. I told you my SUV was too big for you to drive so that you would drive in Emily's car and get used to it. Then I bought the car from her because she was getting rid of it and now it's yours!" You gave him another hug as he said, "Happy Birthday y/n."

After you had finished eating and getting ready, your dad drove you to where you were getting your drivers test. You took it with ease and passed. You then went straight to the DMV and got your license. You walked back to the car with your dad as he said, "I'm so proud of you y/n!" You smiled and said, "Thanks!"

Once you got back to the house, you read a few books and watched some TV. When lunch came around, your dad made you a grilled cheese and you both watched your favorite movie. After it was finished, he said, "Oh, wait, I have one more surprise for you!" He quickly went back to his room and came back with a gift in his hand. You read the note at the top, "To y/n, from mommy." You looked at your dad confused and he said, "She wanted you to have it on your sixteenth birthday." You smiled and delicately opened the wrapping and saw what was inside. You first pulled out a book, You'll Come Back to Yourself. You saw a note sticking out of it so you eagerly pulled it out and read it to yourself.

"Dear y/n, my love

Sweetie, I don't think you realize just how much I love you and how much I hate leaving you. I know you'll turn out to be an amazing person just like your father, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love you. The other day, I had a dream about us in a field together, you were all grown up and you were telling me you wanted to leave. I told your dad but he thought it was just a dream but y/n, I don't think it was. So, if you are struggling right now, I just want you to know that you are loved so much. I never wanted this to happen and I hate leaving you now but I have to go. I know it seemed like the end of the world for a while, but sweetie, look how much you've grown. I know you're becoming the person you need to be, but just know, I will always be looking out for you. I love you so much, please don't forget that."