Part 52

After a minute, he pulled away and said, "Are you ready to go to the office?" You nodded and he put his arm around your shoulder and walked you back to the car. You could tell he was holding on a bit tighter, but that was mainly because you tried to run away a few minutes ago. The whole way back, neither of you said a word. When you walked in the office, you went straight to Penelope. You just enjoyed being in her presence, she gave you joy. When you walked in, she could see you were troubled. She looked at you confused and asked, "Hey sweets, what's wrong?" You just looked down and said, "I just went to therapy and my dad and I got into an argument on the way back-" You began to cry a bit, "I just don't know what's wrong with me?" She reached her arms out and gave you a big hug, "Oh baby, there's nothing wrong with you." You said back, "I just want to be normal and I can't do that if-" She interrupted you, "y/n, I know being normal sounds way better than this, but it's not. I like you just the way you are, I don't want that to change. Everything you have gone through is just shaping you into who you will become. 'Normal people' won't be special in a few years because they just stayed in their comfort level. You are perfect just the way you are." You eventually calmed down, pulled away, and smiled at her. You whispered back, "Thanks." Just then, Derek walked in the room and saw Penelope gently wiping your tears, he asked confused, "Hey, what's wrong Reid?" You just hugged him, he realized what was going on. He rubbed circles on your back and stroked your hair. He whispered, "Shh, it's okay y/n." He pulled away and wiped your tears, "Look at me babygirl, you're going to be okay. I know it's hard right now, but you're strong." You nodded and smiled. He then ruffled your hair and Derek and Penelope began to start talking about a case. You just sat on the couch and eventually laid down. Your eyes began to get heavy, so you closed them and drifted off to sleep, but you started to have more nightmares. It was about Cat. You woke up in shock, hyperventilating. Penelope looked at you surprised and said, "Oh, y/n, are you okay. What's wrong? Do you want me to go get your dad?" She began to walk out of the door to get your father, but you cried, "No, please...please don't get him. I'm fine." She came and sat next to you, she cried a bit but just wrapped you in a hug and whispered, "It's alright, you're gonna be okay. I love you babygirl." After a little bit, she pulled away and asked, "Why don't you want me to go get your-" You said a bit loud, "Because- I" You paused, "I don't want to keep going to therapy. I want him to think I'm getting better." She pulled your hair out of your face, "I know you don't baby, but I think he needs to know you're not getting better. These things don't just change overnight, you need-" You stood up and said loudly, "No! I don't want to go to therapy and I don't want to go back to the hospital! I just want to stay here with you, and the team, and my dad. I- I'm scared, I don't want to go back." You fell into her arms crying, she was crying as well. She whispered, "I know, I know. I don't think he'll send you back, but you need to tell him you're not getting better." You looked back at her and said, "I don't want to-" She shook her head and said, "y/n, you need to tell him." You sighed and nodded. She wiped your tears and sent you off to the room to tell your dad. You slowly sat down in the desk next to your dad's and fidgeted with your hands. Your dad looked over and noticed, he motioned towards your hands and asked, "Sweetie, what's wrong?" You looked down and frowned, "Can we- uh- go in the other room?" He stood up confused and said, "Umm, yeah. Follow me." You followed him into an empty room and he shut the door and closed the blinds. He crossed his arms and asked, "y/n, what's going on?" You felt a tear fall down your cheek, "I- I-uh had another nightmare...in Penelope's office. And I-" Your voice began to break, "I'm just so sick of them. I'm tired of this dad. I don't want to do this anymore. They just- they feel so real and I can't- I can't do this!" He silenced you by wrapping his arms around you. You just sobbed into his chest as rocked back and forth and whispered, "I know sweetie." He paused for a minute and continued, "Shh, try to match my breathing...in, and out." You finally calmed down and he pulled away, he asked, "Do you want to schedule a doctor's appointment, see if we can get some heavier medications?" You nodded and he hugged you once more, "Okay sweetie, we will do that." Then, he pulled away and you both went back to his desk. In a little bit, everyone began to leave, so you both did as well. You went to the car and got in, your dad asked, "What do you want for dinner?" You sighed and said, "I'm not really hungry." Your dad sighed and said, "y/n, you need to eat something, you only had coffee and a small sandwich today." You just ignored him and he raised his voice a bit, "y/n, I don't want to do this again today." You just answered loudly and sarcastically, "I'll just have frozen chicken nuggets at home!" He put his finger out and sternly said, "Lose the attitude right now young lady." Not wanting to get into another argument, you just said, "Yes sir." When you got back home, you went straight upstairs and got into your PJ's. In about five minutes, you dad called for you, "y/n, come downstairs and eat." You walked downstairs as he handed you a plate with chicken nuggets on it. He said, "Eat up." You began to eat, but when you got about halfway done, you felt nauseous. You pushed your plate away and you dad looked at you confused, "y/n, why aren't you eating it all, I gave you a kids size portion?" Then, it hit you, you were about to throw up. You quickly said, "Excuse me." You ran to the bathroom, your dad worriedly followed you. You quickly hunched over the toilet and let all of the contents from you stomach out. You weren't sick, this was stress induced due to the long day. You were drained physically and mentally. Your dad pulled your hair back into a low ponytail and rubbed circles in your back. After a few more times of throwing up, you stood up, flushed the toilet, and wiped your mouth with your hand. You then walked back to the table and sat down without saying a word. Your dad scrambled around to get you some medications. He put down a few pills and a glass of water on the table and asked, "So what was that all about, because I know that it wasn't anything you ingested because I have packed you the same lunch for years and it wasn't a stomach bug because you aren't' around any kids. Was it stress?" You took the pills and then nodded. He just said, "Okay sweetie. I still want you to eat something, so how about saltine crackers?" You shook your head no, but he then said, "y/n, you need something in your stomach, or it won't just be throwing up." He knew if you didn't get anything to eat, you would pass out due to the stress, and he would rather have you throwing up than you passing out. He grabbed the crackers and set them out in front of you. He said, "Just eat a few for me, then you can go to bed." 

Here's my fourth of July gift to ya'll! I am releasing a new story tonight called Maeve Adams! Go vote and comment on it!