Chapter 52

~ Author's Note ~

Another chapter with over 2500 words???!!! Thank you guys so much for sticking with me!! This chapter is a thank and an apology. I used to update once a week and now it's more like once a month. I'm a huge writer and I couldn't find inspiration for a while, but all of your wonderful comments really lifted my spirits!! I'll be updating a bit more so you guys won't get left on a cliffhanger for too long. Hope you guys enjoy it!!

~ We now return to our regularly scheduled program ~

Ayame waved Zoe goodbye before heading back to the MLA base, the wedding dress (it's in the black bag now) in her hands. 'I suppose I should talk to Mitsuya...' She headed inside but was tackled to the ground by Toga.

"Ayame-Chan!!" Toga squealed.

"Hey Toga!" Ayame laughed. "Hey, where is Mitsuya?"

"I think she's in her room right now, but I need to talk to you right now!!" Toga smiled.

Ayame stood up and Toga wrapped her arms around Ayame's arm. "What's up Toga?"

"Can I do your hair for the wedding? Wait, is that the dress?!"

Ayame laughed. "Of course you can do my hair Toga." She then looked at the black bag in her hand. "Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I need to hide it so Dabi can't see it, could you do me a favor and keep it in your room for me?"

"Of course!" Toga grabbed the black bag from Ayame's hands. "Also, Mr. Compress told to tell you that he and Dabi left to go try on suits for Dabi."

Ayame nodded, ignoring the red on her cheeks and butterflies in her stomach. "Thanks for letting me know. Also, Toga?"

"Yeah?"

Ayame smiled at Toga and grabbed her hands. "Will you do me the honor of being my maid of honor?"

"YES YES YES YES YES!!" Toga screamed. She again tackled Ayame to the ground. "Of course I'll be your maid of honor Ayame-Chan!!" Toga then stood up, helping Ayame stand as well before she ran to her room. "I promise you won't regret making me your maid of honor!!"

Ayame chuckled. 'Thank you Toga, for everything. I think you're one of the reasons I can stay so happy.' Taking a deep breath, Ayame then walked over to where Mitsuya's room was. She knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Mitsuya asked.

"It's me Suya, it's Ayame." The purple-haired female stated.

There was a long silence before Mitsuya said. "Come in..."

Ayame opened the door to see Mitsuya staring out the window. "I need to talk to you..."

"Let me start first please..." Mitsuya interrupted, she turned around to face Ayame. "I'm sorry, it was my fault you got into a fight with Dabi, I shouldn't have interfered."

Ayame crossed her arms. "You're right, it was your fault that Dabi and I got into an argument and you had no right to interfere like that."

Mitsuya could feel the tears start to form, she bowed her head in disappointment.

"But..."

The wolf girl looked up to face her friend. "But?"

Ayame sighed, rolled her eyes. "But, you also caused Dabi to propose to me sooner and I got to meet some new people who I care about dearly. Besides, the fight didn't even last long, only for a couple of hours. At the end of the day, I get it, you were trying to make sure I wouldn't get hurt." Ayame looked at Mitsuya with a small smile. "Hug it out?"