Chapter 36

A week had past and nothing much had occurred. UA school had restarted, The League of Villains went dark after the attack on Chisaki, and Ayame's care for Eri had only grown more.

"Shigaraki?" Ayame asked as everyone sat in the living room and hung around. She was sitting on Dabi's lap and playing with his hair.

"What, Yame?" Shigaraki said, looking at his sister.

"I'm going to go see Eri. I want to make sure she's okay. I'll have to go out and get some new clothes, wigs, and colored contacts but I'm going to see her whether you like it or not," Ayame stated, looking at her brother with determination.

"Alright, be safe though," Shigaraki said, staring back at his younger sister.

"No, I said I don't care- wait what did you say?" Ayame frowned, looking at Shigaraki, speechless.

Shigaraki chuckled before he stood up. "I said alright, be safe. I know you Ayame, you see yourself in that little child so I won't stop you. But if you get caught, I'm not breaking you out."

Ayame looked at Dabi. "Are you okay with this?"

Dabi chuckled. "Of course I'm not but you're too stubborn to actually listen. You're a real pain in the ass you know this right?"

"Of course I am, but that's one of the reasons you love me," Ayame winked at Dabi before pecking his lips and getting up. "I'll be back in a few hours give or take," she said before walking out of the apartment, a black hoodie covering her face. Ayame swiftly stole a snobby rich man's wallet and took the cash. She then walked to a costume store and bought a pair of purple contacts, a nurse outfit, and a brown wig. She then went to the bathroom and came out as a nurse. (Photo Above)

Ayame then made a call to the hospital and talked to one of the staff. When she got to the hospital, she went inside without any problems and headed to Eri's room. She grabbed Eri's lunch and headed to the little girls' room and opened the door.

"Hi honey, here's your food," Ayame smiled to Eri before walking over to her and handing the lunch tray next to Eri.

"T-thank you..." The little girl said quietly.

"Hey, Eri?" Ayame said.

"Y-yes?" Eri replied, looking at Ayame.

"Remember me from Chisaki's base? It's me, Pup," Ayame smiled to Eri.

Eri's eyes widened before she lunged at Ayame and hugged her. "Pup!!"

"Hey, kid!" Ayame smiled, hugging Eri back. "You feeling better?"

Eri pulled away and nodded. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" She referred to Chisaki but Ayame shook her head no.

"Nope, in fact, I kicked his butt," Ayame said, booping Eri's nose.

Eri moved her lips and tried to do something, causing Ayame to frown in confusion. "What are you doing there honey?"

"How do you smile again Pup?" Eri asked, a sad look on her face.

Ayame's heart broke into a million pieces. 'What did you do to her Chisaki?' She thought. Ayame put her palm on Eri's cheek and lifted her face so she was looking at Ayame. "It's alright honey, you eat okay? I'll come again in a couple of days to check up on you," Ayame said before standing up and walking to the door.

"Pup, can't I go with you?" Eri said, running over to Ayame and hugging her waist.

Ayame smiled before she bent down to Eri's level and hugged her. "I wish sweetie, but you'll be safer here. Where I live you'll be around bad people, these people will help you. Just like Mirio and Deku did, they'll keep you safe okay? But know, I will always be there to keep you safe," Ayame said before she picked up Eri and put her back onto the hospital bed. She kissed Eri's cheek before leaving, giving the little girl a small before walking away. Ayame took out her phone and called someone she knew she could trust.

"Who is this?" Deku said.

"It's Puppeteer, I need you to know something," Ayame said before she walked out of the hospital.

"What do you want?" Deku asked.

"Eri doesn't know how to smile, show her how," Ayame explained, walking down the sidewalk.

"How do you know this?" Deku said defensively.

"Calm the hell down Broccoli. I told you I'm there to protect Eri, nothing more. I have no ill intentions towards that sweet girl, only to keep her safe," Ayame snapped back.

"Can I say something?" Midoriya asked.

"What?"

"You're not a bad person Puppeteer. You'd make a good hero, you have a good heart, you're just around bad people. Turn yourself in, become a hero," Midoriya pleaded, only to receive a laugh from Ayame.

"I could never Midoriya, I've killed too many heroes for anyone to accept me. I've already dug myself into a hole. I thank you for the offer but I'll have to decline it," Ayame said.

"Alright, but know I'll vouch for you if you ever change your mind-"

"Why are you so nice to me? You remember that I am a villain right?" Ayame interrupted, she was honestly confused. She was responsible for killing dozens of heroes and betrayed class 1-A.

"Because you have a good heart Puppeteer. You took a knife to the arm for Todoroki, you're protecting a little girl, and you cooperated with villains to help take down Overhaul. You may be a villain but I believe your heart lies with the heroes. You only want what's best for the world," Deku explained.

Ayame went silent for a moment. 'Heart lies with the heroes?' She didn't know what to do but she asked. "Did you tell the class what I told the four of you?"

"Yeah, some of them are mad, some sad, some confused, and some just want to see you. They don't believe what you're saying is true," Deku replied.

"Can you do something for me Midoriya?"

"What is it?"

"Tell Shouji that I miss him, tell him that the Ada he knows misses him, but she isn't the same person he knew," Ayame said.

"I-I'll tell him. But you should really tell him yourself. If you care about Eri you should be there for her, it might make her smile," Deku said.

"I can't Midoriya, disguise or not, I can't go. The best I can do is hide in the shadows and help from behind the scenes. I'm counting on you to make that little girl smile Midoriya. Promise me you'll make her smile. Promise you'll protect her," Ayame said before hanging up the phone and walking down the sidewalk back to base.