Chapter 29

Chronos took out a board game, something Ayame was familiar with, Shogi.

"Say, have you ever played Shogi?" Chisaki asked, putting a piece onward.

"No," Shigaraki replied, not touching the board game.

"Go, it's your move," Mimic glared at Shigaraki.

"I do," Ayame intervened, Chisaki gave her a look of surprise, but he soon replaced it with a calm demeanor. Ayame stepped around the couch and sat next to her brother. She moved one of the pieces forward and waited for Overhaul to play.

"How do you know how to play?" Shigaraki turned to his sister, immensely perplexed.

"I played it by myself while Master trained you to become the leader," Ayame shrugged.

"Take it away, this is no time to be playing games," Shigaraki demanded, glancing at Chronos.

"Have an open mind, view this as a learning experience. It'll help you understand the bigger picture," Chisaki insisted, leaning back on the couch.

"Huh?" Shigaraki frowned, confused.

"Shogi's an interesting game, wanna take a guess why?" Chisaki asked, picking up one of the pieces.

"You can use the pieces that you stole from your opponent," Ayame answered.

Chisaki nodded at Ayame before looking at Shigaraki. "I want Kurogiri or Toga. And maybe Bubaigawara (Twice). I don't feel at ease when they're doing your bidding."

"Those are useful players, you want to clip our wings," Shigaraki glared, itching his neck a little. "But those three are the cornerstones of our group. You can't have them all."

"Then how will we build trust?" Overhaul questioned, looking at Shigaraki. "Right now, there's ill-will between us. Still, I told you everything about my plan. You have to offer something valuable in return, and your members are important to you, aren't they?"

"How about this?" Ayame said, catching the attention of the four gentlemen in the room. She picked up three of the game board pieces and looked at Overhaul. "You get Himiko and Bubaigawara (Twice) while Kurogiri stays with us. For us keeping Kurogiri, I can give you connections to very rich investors," Ayame proposed, placing two of the pieces down and sliding them towards Overhaul.

Shigaraki glanced at Ayame before chuckling. "I'm glad I brought my sister along."

"Overhaul, do we have a deal?" Ayame asked, smiling at Chisaki.

"Yes, we do..." Chisaki answered.

"Good, then my brother and I will be on our merry way then. Bye-bye honey," Ayame said before she got up and grabbed her brother's shoulder. "Chronos, be a dear and show us the exit."

Chronos looked at Overhaul, who nodded in approval. Then Chronos opened the door and showed Ayame and Shigaraki the way out.

As Ayame and Shigaraki walked down the sidewalk of the alleyway, Shigaraki and Ayame were discussing a plan.

"Don't mention a thing about betraying Overhaul in front of Himiko and Bubaigawara (Twice) understood?" Ayame stated, staring at her brother.

Shigaraki shifted to Ayame, confused. Then he understood. "Is it because of one of Overhaul's thugs?"

Ayame nodded her head. "We're going to have to be careful of what we say around Himiko and Bubaigawara (Twice)."

"Agreed," Shigaraki said before the two of them walked back to the apartment in silence.

When they got to the apartment, Ayame explained for the third time what she and Shigaraki had discussed with Chisaki.

"You want us to work with the Hassaikai?" Twice frowned, looking at Ayame like she was crazy.

"Yeah, why does Ayame have to keep repeating it?" Shigaraki asked, annoyed. "Their plan has some serious potential. So from today on, Toga and Twice will be Yakuza members."

"I don't find this joke humorous. That's hilarious Shigaraki and Ayame!" Twice and his other personalities said.

"They wanted Kurogiri too, but Ayame convinced Chisaki with a different deal. He's got his job to do right now so there's no way Ayame and I could spare him, it's too important," Shigaraki said, Ayame nodded before she walked over to Dabi and sat on his lap.

"I missed you," Ayame whispered to Dabi.

Dabi laid his hand on Ayame's inner thigh and smirked a little. "I missed you too, did you cause any trouble?"

"Almost snapped two guy's necks but that's pretty much it," Ayame shrugged, laying her head on Dabi's chest. The two smiled at each other before watching everything unfold.

"There's an underground route you can take-" Shigaraki started but was interrupted by Twice.

"What are you thinking with this crap?! Stop pretending everything is cool! Why are you letting this beat-face loser give you order?! He killed Big Sis Mag and he took Mr. Compress's arm! Did you just forget?! And it's all my fault! I brought him to meet with you. I may be a villain, but I'm human too. We all are, man!" Twice said, taking off his mask and looking at Toga. "Come on Toga! Don't you agree with me?!"

Toga at the time was silent as she hugged her knees. "The question I got for you Tomura... Is what we mean to you. To me, the League is a place where I feel at home. I joined you, cause of Mr. Stainy," Toga said, spinning around, a knife in her hand. "To make the world a place where I can do what I want and live freely. It be such a bummer to get distracted from my goal." Toga spun around until she had her knife inches from Tomura's neck.

Ayame was about to get up and defend her brother, but Dabi stopped her.

"Shigaraki needs to figure this out on his own," he said, making her sit back down. "They won't hurt him, they're just a little pissed."

Ayame sighed, but she nodded, relaxing.

"I guess what I'm wondering is. Why should I do something I don't want to do with people I want to cut?" Toga asked, glaring at Shigaraki.

Then, Shigaraki did something no one expected, he took off the hand on his face and looked at Toga. "It's simple, this is for all of us..."

Toga's eyes widened and she lowered her weapon from Shigaraki's throat.

"They want to keep the League in check, so they'll try to win you two over little by little. Ayame and I want you to infiltrate them, flatter them, but never forget, they're beneath us," Shigaraki explained, "Twice, you said they have to pay for what they did, we'll make sure they do. This will work. We believe in you guys."

Y-you, do?" Twice frowned.

"Yes, it may seem hard to believe, but you guys are the closest thing to a real family that Shigi and I have. Without you, we'd be alone," Ayame said, smiling a little.