Chapter 7

Ayame ran home to the LOV base to tell Shigaraki the news. "Shigi!!" Ayame yelled.

"What is it Ayame?" Shigaraki yelled back, he sat at the bar with Kurogiri standing at the other end.

"The secret training camp is happening in a month!" Ayame said, walking over to her brother, causing the attention of Dabi and Himiko to walk out of their rooms.

"I love you but you need to keep it down a little!" Toga whined, rubbing her temples.

"Sorry Toga but this couldn't wait," Ayame said, giving Toga an apologetic face before turning to her brother. "The UA is going to send Class 1-A and Class 1-B to a secret UA training camp in the middle of the forest, we'll be training our quirks, but here's the catch."

Everyone looked up at Ayame, intrigued by what she was about to say.

"There will only be six pro-heroes at the camp," Ayame smirked, looking at her brother with a mischievous grin.

Shigaraki chuckled, he nodded to his sister before she walked away to the training room. Everyone else followed went back to what they were doing but Dabi. He followed Ayame, curious about how she trained.

Ayame went into the training room and made one golden string from the palm of her hand. She walked over to the weights, Dabi watching from the doorway.

Ayame wrapped her string around one of the 600-pound weights and lifted it into the air with ease. She then did the same but added 100 pounds. Ayame struggled but she was slowly able to lift it into the air. She took another 100 pounds and added it to the now 700 pounds. Ayame tried to lift it into the air and she could feel her string tighten from the amount of weight. Until Ayame felt her string break, she fell to the ground, crying in pain.

Dabi felt an overwhelming concern for Ayame as he came running to her side. "Ayame what's wrong?" He asked, on his knees next to Ayame who was on the ground in pain.

"Hold....my h-hand.....please," Ayame whispered in pain. 

Dabi nodded and picked up Ayame's upper half and held out his hand for her to grab.

Ayame clutched Dabi's hand tightly, tears streamed down her cheeks.

Dabi stayed there, not moving, letting Ayame's pain pass.

When it was finished, Ayame gradually sat up, drying the tears coming from her eyes. "Sorry, you had to see that."

Dabi scratched the back of his head. "It's alright. I just wanted you to stop whining that's all." He rolled his eyes.

Ayame chuckled at his reaction. "Can I ask you a favor?"

Dabi frowned but nodded his head. "What?"

"Can you stay here and break my strings?" She looked at Dabi with a hopeful face.

"Why do you need my help?" Dabi frowned, confused.

"Because I can't break my strings to make them stronger. The more they break from other people, the stronger my strings will be. If they break from fire then next time they'll be a little more fire-resistant, if they tear from a knife next time the fibers of my strings will be thicker, etc. I don't fight too many people with fire quirks so your quirk could help mine. Also...it hurts a lot when one of my strings break..." Ayame explained.

Dabi paused before giving a small nod. Most of the time Dabi enjoyed watching people in pain but.... he couldn't stand to see Ayame in pain. "Sure, I can help, I need the practice my flames a bit anyways."

Ayame nodded before slowly getting up and making four different strings. "Every string that breaks will cause me to double over in pain for 20 seconds, but this will also help my pain tolerance and speed up my recovery time," Ayame explained.

Dabi nodded, now having a huge blast of blue flame in his hand before he shot his fire at four of Ayame's strings, burning them.

Ayame fell to the ground again, her body feeling like she had was being burned alive.

Dabi ran over to Ayame and did the same thing as before, he held her in his arms and Ayame squeezed his hand. Considering when Ayame broke 4 strings, she felt agonizing pain for a minute twenty seconds. Dabi again stayed there until Ayame felt better.

They kept doing this for an hour and a half, Ayame made strings and Dabi burned them. Then every time, Dabi would hold Ayame and let her squeeze his hand. After a while, Ayame could stand during the pain and she wouldn't cry, but she still held onto Dabi's hand. Ayame was grateful for Dabi being there for her. He stayed quiet the entire time, never once making fun of her or insulting her.

Dabi burned Ayame's strings but this time they didn't burn. "I think your strings are now fireproof," Dabi said.

Ayame gave Dabi a warm smile and walked over towards him. "Thanks, Dabi. I couldn't have done this without you..."

Dabi smiled a little, he could feel himself walking a little closer to Ayame, and she did the same.

The two inched closer to each other until their chests touched.

"Dabi I..." Ayame mumbled, looking away from the fire boy's turquoise eyes.

Dabi softly grabbed Ayame's chin with his thumb and pointer finger. He lifted Ayame's eyes until his eyes met hers once again. They both stood there, staring into each other's eyes.

Ayame made the first move when she grabbed the lapel's of his leather jacket and kissing Dabi.