Chapter 31

Chisaki thought for a moment, then nodded his head. "Yes, you can," he said as he turned around and walked the direction to where Ayame assumed Eri was.

After a while, Chisaki opened a familiar door to reveal small Eri.

"Am I allowed to speak with her alone?" Ayame asked, looking at Chisaki.

"Why do you need to speak with her alone?" Chisaki frowned, suspicious.

Ayame smirked. "Do you want to talk about girly stuff with me?" She joked.

Chisaki rolled his eyes before he let Ayame inside and closed the door behind her. "Just don't touch her."

When Ayame looked around for any cameras and found none, she rushed over Eri and smiled. "Hey, Eri, do you remember me?"

Eri looked at Ayame, scared, but she slowly nodded her head.

Ayame looked around before quietly taking out a small pen and paper from her purse and started writing on it while she talked. "It's so nice to meet you Eri," she said before showing Eri the piece of paper.

'I'm here to help you Eri. Talk as if we're getting to know each other, I'll ask you yes or no questions alright?'

Eri looked up at Ayame, not with a face of fear, but a face of hope. "N-nice to meet you too..."

Ayame wrote again while she talked. "I know I'm a complete stranger but I hope you and I can become friends." She showed the notepad to Eri again.

'The heroes are looking for you. You'll be okay I promise. Does he hurt you?'

"I would like that ma'am..." Eri mumbled. She nodded her head a little to Ayame.

Ayame's eyes went wide, she wrote again. "Oh sweetheart, don't call me ma'am. I'm Puppet, but you can call me Pup, okay?" Ayame said, smiling a warm smile to the little girl.

"O-okay... Pup."

"You have red eyes like me Eri, but yours are so pretty," Ayame said.

'Do you know what your quirk is?'

Eri looked at Ayame and shook her head no. "I like your eyes too,"

"Why thank you Eri. You're such a sweet little girl, I love your hair, could I braid it?" Ayame asked.

'I'll protect you. I'm not a hero though Eri, I'm a villain, so you won't see me when the heroes come to get you but know that I'll be there protecting you okay?'

The little girl looked at the paper and nodded, understanding what Ayame meant.

"Alright come here then," Ayame smiled before putting the pen and paper away and taking out a hair tie. (For all those people who use purses, you can fit everything in that bitch)

Eri turned around and Ayame gave her a quick french braid as Ayame made sure not to touch Eri.

"There you go, now it's all out of your eyes," Ayame smiled. "Alright, Eri, I have to get going, it was so much fun talking to you," she said before standing up and walking to the door. When Ayame opened it, Chisaki was waiting for her patiently.

"Did you have your fun time with Eri?" Chisaki asked, looking at Ayame with a cool glance.

"Yes, I even gave her a french braid," Ayame said in a very matter of fact voice. "Look." She opened the door and there was Eri with a long french braid.

"Not bad, now let's go," Chisaki said before walking down the hall.

Ayame nodded before following Chisaki. She had two burning questions going through her head but she didn't want to make him suspicious so she shut up.

As if he was reading her mind, Chisaki looked at Ayame and said. "You have something to ask?"

"Two actually," Ayame said, chuckling a little.

"What are they?"

Ayame sighed before she responded. "What's Eri's quirk, and why do you wear that mask all the time?"

"It's called Rewind. It gives Eri the ability to reverse a being's body back to a previous state. She is capable of reverting people back to a point before they even existed, effectively erasing them from existence, this Quirk can rewind genetics. I created it to erase quirks entirely from this world," Chisaki explained.

Ayamelistened carefully to what Chisaki was saying, she was a little curious she couldn't deny it.

"As for the other question is a different story. I wear this mask because it symbolizes the disgust I have for this world and its heroes. I also wear it to filter out the dirt and grime from the air," Chisaki explained. "If you asked me two questions now, I get to ask you two questions."

Ayame rolled her eyes before nodding. "Yeah yeah, get it over with. What are your two questions?"

"Why do you hide your quirk so much from other people?" Chisaki asked, looking at Ayame, intrigued.

Ayame shrugged. "I don't know really. I guess my whole like I've never enjoyed telling people, I've never told anyone besides All For One and Shigaraki. Other than that, no one else knows the details of my quirk," she explained. "And your next question?"

"Are you and Shigaraki really partners or is he the one that's actually in charge?" Chisaki asked.

Ayame laughed a little. "That one's a little harder to explain. My brother is older so naturally, he gets the leader position in the League, but he always discusses his plans with me, asks me for ideas, etc. He calls the shots while I make the plans, but both of us work together. All For One told Shigaraki and me that we'll be partners who need each other and he wasn't wrong. If I'm not there most of Shigaraki's plans go to shit, if Shigaraki isn't there, then there won't be enough authority in the league. Everyone plays their part so that we work together like an oiled machine. We all need each other and the puzzle won't be complete with one missing. So technically, yes and no, yes Shigaraki and I are partners, no I don't have the same title as Shigaraki but I make up for that with my reputation. I know Shigaraki is my master's favorite but he still cares for me and I'll support my brother no matter what happens."

"Hm," Chisaki said before opening the door to the outside. "Thank you for telling me Ayame."

"No problem Overhaul," Ayame said before walking down the sidewalk. She waved Chisaki goodbye before she walked down the sidewalk. Ayame called Dabi and explained what happened, she could tell Dabi was angry again but he stayed calm.

"It's alright Ayame, I know it's not your fault. Just get back to base alright?" Dabi said.

"Yeah, also, tell Shigaraki, Spinner, and Compress that we need to talk, I have a plan," Ayame said before hanging up.

Ayame walked back to the apartment to see Shigaraki, Spinner, Compress, and her boyfriend sitting down in the main room of the apartment.

"Mind telling me why you wanted us together?" Shigaraki asked, annoyed.

"Because we're going to get revenge on Overhaul," Ayame smirked.