Chapter 28

Ayame woke up on the couch and rubbed her eyes. She walked over to her brother's room after grabbing a cup of coffee from Kurogiri. "Good morning. What's the plan with Overhaul?" She asked.

"We're meeting him today," Shigaraki said, putting on a black jacket.

"Alright, I'll go get dressed," Ayame said before she walked over to her and Dabi's room. Quietly she got dressed and put on a white turtle neck, black pants, and a red jacket to complete the look.

 Quietly she got dressed and put on a white turtle neck, black pants, and a red jacket to complete the look

She didn't put on a wig or anything just because if she was with her brother there wouldn't be a reason. After she finished, Ayame wrote a note and put it next to Dabi before she left to go to the Shie Hassaikai's base.

"Why are we going here?" Ayame asked as she and Shigaraki walked down the sidewalk.

"I think we should join them, under the right conditions of course," Shigaraki replied before the reached the building.

Chrono met the two at the door and they walked down a series of tunnels for about an hour and a half to get to the meeting room. Shigaraki looked at Ayame and gave her the look as if he was saying. 'What the hell are all these tunnels for?'

Ayame giggled a little but the two stayed silent the rest of the way.

When they went inside, Ayame saw Overhaul and one of his "pets" Mimic. The two walked inside and Shigaraki sat down on the couch while Ayame stood behind it.

"You had us walking around in circles underground for half an hour! I'm not an ant," Shigaraki glared at Chisaki. "Are all Yakuza strongholds like this?"

"Come on Shigaraki, you have to give them credit," Ayame protested.

"And why is that?" Shagaraki spat.

"Because this proves that they Shie Hassaikai really are like bugs," Ayame joked, Shigaraki rolled his eyes but chuckled a little.

"You might want to show a bit more respect for the Shie Hassaikai," Mimic threatened Ayame. 

Ayame rolled her eyes before looking at Chisaki.

"We don't know who might be watching us or from where, and not all our guests have the best intentions," Chisaki explained to Shigaraki. "So we have a number of roots leading here. An underground reception room where we can be reasonably sure of our privacy."

"You ever wonder how we survived so long?" Mimic asked rhetorically, but of course, Ayame took the chance to make a snappy comeback.

"Let me guess! You survived because you can squeeze through small spaces because you're the size of a damn rat?" Ayame snickered.

"Why you little!!" Mimic said just as he was about to lunge at Ayame.

"Calm down Mimic, I'm sure Miss. Ayame was just playing around," Chisaki said, looking at Ayame before he winked.

Ayame smirked before looking at Mimic, who looked like he was about to explode.

"As I was saying before, it's because of little details like that. Anyway, down to business. Did you really mean what you said on the phone the other day? That you'll join us under the right conditions?" Mimic asked, looking at Shigaraki.

"Don't start celebrating just yet," Shigaraki said before putting his foot on the table. "You guys want to capitalize on our reputation, we want to increase our strength. Our needs happen to coincide for the moment."

"Put your foot down, the table will get dirty," Chisaki glared at Shigaraki.

"No please? You really outta mind your manners. I don't appreciate disrespect," Shigaraki said cooly.

The whole time Ayame stood there, silent. She paid attention but didn't add to the conversation.

"Now we won't be putting ourselves under you, we'll still be calling our own shots, got it? Either it's a joint partnership or we walk out the door," Shigaraki explained.

"So those are the conditions?" Chisaki asked.

"One more thing, that grand plan you mentioned. Ayame and I want the details. It's a reasonable request. We need to decide whether it's worth lending you our name," Shigaraki said before he reached for the inside pocket of his coat.

But before he could take out the red bullet, Chrono held a gun to Shigaraki's head and Mimic grew a huge ass arm and was about to attack.

Ayame used her lightning-quick reflexes and made two strings and wrapped them around Chrono and Mimic's neck. "Don't. You. Dare." She warned.

"Stop acting like you're in charge here," Chrono growled to Shigaraki.

"Yeah who do you think you are you little punk?!" Mimic yelled.

"Try and hurt my brother, I dare you," Ayame glared at Mimic and Chrono. "I'll throw you at the wall by your necks before you can say Overhaul."

"Who do you think you are?" Shigaraki glared at Mimic. "One of our disposable thugs against our Hikiishi? The scales are far from even, and let's not forget Compress's arm. We expect concessions in turn for what we lost," Shigaraki said with venom, about to grab Chrono's arm.

"Chronos, Mimic, stand down," Chisaki said and the two thugs back away.

Ayame glared at Mimic and Chronos before putting her strings away.

"They came all this way to make an offer, the least we can do is hear them out. By all means, continue," Chisaki said.

"Like I said before your two friends got jumpy, I want details. We can start with this," Shigaraki said before pulling out the small red bullet with a needle at the end of it. "It's part of the plan, right? A strange thing happened to Compress when he got shot with this, he couldn't use his quirk for a while. So I'd like to know, what this is and what you're planning to do with it, tell me."

"It'll break the natural order of things," Chisaki explained. "They say All For One ruled by stealing other people's quirks. I've taken his method and fine-tuned it a little. I've already begun spreading my roots across this country. Little by little, piece by piece, we're laying the groundwork for what's to come."