Chapter 13

Ayame felt the sweat roll down her forehead as she dodged every one of Shoji's attacks. She went to the left, right, jumped, left, left, etc. Shoji started to get sloppy because he was getting frustrated. Ayame spun to his left and kicked Shoji's back, causing him to fall on his stomach.

"Alright Sho, I think you should work on your quirk now," Ayame chuckled, holding out her hand for Shoji to take. He did and stood up.

"You sure Ada?"

"Yeah I'm sure Sho, go work on your quirk, I'm going to practice my quirk inside anyways," Ayame said, walking to a small bench where there were papers of villains. She analyzed their files and read their cases. One by one she figured out every single one of the villains' quirks.

After the day slowly became night, Ayame's head and body hurt from the amount of thinking and working out that she was doing. The entire class walked to a small food making area.

Todorki helped everyone make the fires, Bakugo chopped up the ingredients for the stew, and everyone was talking to each other.

Ayame finished putting all of the ingredients into her stew and she sat down next to it while she stirred the pot. The stew didn't smell great but it was food so she really didn't care. When the food was done, Ayame took the pot and put it on the picnic table. Sero and Kirishima destroyed the stew she made in minutes while she was only at her first few bites.

"You two were hungry huh?" Ayame smirked before she took another taste of her stew.

The two boys complained about how hungry they were before shoving more food down their throats.

Ayame laughed a heartfelt laugh, which caused everyone to freeze and look at her. They had never heard Ayame laugh before... like... full-on belly laughs... ever. They were all happy to see that she was more comfortable around them.

She rolled her eyes before she put her plate away and headed to the girl's dorm in the building. Ayame grabbed a book from her backpack and walked to the window. She opened it and started reading.

Out of nowhere, Ayame saw a quick flash of blue coming from the forest. She looked out the window and saw Dabi standing behind a bunch of trees. Ayame smiled before looking around the room, then she turned to Dabi and signaled to wait for an hour.

He nodded before he disappeared back into the shadows.

Ayame blushed before continuing to read her book.

"Hey, Shiaku-Chan!" Uraraka smiled at Ayame as she walked over to her. "What are you doing here all alone?"

"Oh nothing, I just thought I'd catch up on some needed reading. The real question is what are you doing here?" Ayame asked, giving Uraraka a fake smile.

"I wanted to check up on you. I know you're not a very people type person but, just letting you know that I'm here for you," Uraraka smiled, pulling Ayame into a hug.

Ayame hesitated before slowly hugging Uraraka back. She wasn't a hugger so this was new for her.

Uraraka backed away before heading back downstairs.

Ayame waved back before she continued her book.

~ 45 Minutes Later ~

Ayame opened her eyes, listening to any sort of sound coming from her other classmates. When she heard nothing, Ayame sat up and looked around, checking for any sign of movement before she got up and walked to the window. She looked down to see Dabi waiting for her, Ayame smiled before using her strings to climb down the two-story building.

Dabi smiled a little, happy to see her.

Ayame made her strings disappear before taking Dabi's hand and running with him into the forest. She pulled him into a kiss, which Dabi grabbed her waist in response.

For at least five minutes, Ayame and Dabi just stood there, holding each other in their embrace.

Ayame was the first to pull away and looked at Dabi. "How's the plan coming? Is everyone ready to go?" She asked.

Dabi nodded. "Wait, I got something for you actually," He said before taking out a burrito and some chips.

Ayame's eyes widened as she took the burrito. She sat down, Dabi did as well and she took a bite. "Uh...Dabi?"

"Hm?" Dabi said.

"Could you maybe...heat up my burrito for me?" Ayame asked hesitantly.

Dabi chuckled before taking Ayame's burrito and heating it up using the embers coming from his hands. He gave it back, this time all nice and hot, but not too hot. "Better?"

Ayame took a bite before nodding and continuing to eat. Before Ayame could react, Dabi stole a chip and ate it quickly. She stared at him with daggers before punching him in the arm without mercy.

"Hey ow!" Dabi frowned, rubbing his shoulder.

"Grow up you big baby!" Ayame laughed, leaning on Dabi, putting her head on his shoulder.

Dabi chuckled, not moving, not wanting Ayame to move her head.

The two sat there in silence, Ayame finished her food and she laid on Dabi's chest as the stared at the sky. Dabi inched his hand closer to hers until their fingers intertwined together.

"Dabi?"

"What?"

"We need to keep our relationship between us for now," Ayame said quietly.

Dabi frowned, "Why do we need to do that?"

"Because I don't want my brother to find out, plus, it's better for us villains to not show any weakness towards other villains and heroes. It'll keep us both safe, you have to promise me that if I get hurt, you won't run to me to make sure I'm okay. I'll do the same for you, it'll be hard, but we don't have a choice," Ayame said sadly.

"I get it Lovely, don't worry, let's just enjoy each other's company while we have the chance okay?" Dabi smirked a little before going silent again.

"Can I ask you something?" Dabi said.

"What?"

How do you get favors from other people?" Dabi asked, looking at Ayame curious.

Ayame chuckled before she sighed. "It all depends really. I sometimes get paid to gather information on someone or stalk them, steal things, etc. I've gathered information on people for a while now and I threaten to release it. If they don't want me to then what I want in return is a favor. That clothes shop we went to a month ago, that lady had been ordering assassins to kill her competitors, I threatened to expose her. But other than that it's more of where I gather information on the person I want to blackmail and threaten to expose them," Ayame explained.

Dabi smirked before going silent again, squeezing Ayame's hand a little.

Ayame looked at Dabi and smiled. She looked at the watch she had on and saw two hours had passed. The two of them just laid together the entire time, enjoying the silence. "Dabi I have to go before my teacher notices anything," Ayame said, getting up and dusting herself off.

Dabi sighed before getting up himself scratching the back of his head. "Fine, but if you need anything, let me know."

She nodded before kissing Dabi on the cheek before running back to the building.

"Ayame!"

"Yeah Dabi? Wh-" Ayame was interrupted by Dabi who grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss. Ayame wrapped her arms around Dabi's neck and pulled him closer.

"Okay this time I actually have to go D," Ayame said before pulling away and running back to the building, leaving Dabi with his heart about to beat out of his chest.

Ayame used her strings again and climbed back up the wall and through the window. She quietly walked to her spot and laid down. Ayame pulled the covers over her and she fell asleep to her thoughts of Dabi.