Chapter 5

She opened the door to her room to see Dabi laying on his bed, playing with some of the fire in his hand. He looked up to see Ayame in a bath towel and his eyes widened as he quickly turned away.

"Jesus Christ put some damn clothes on!" Dabi yelled at her, turning away and looking at the wall.

Ayame shrieked in embarrassment before rushing to her dresser and putting on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt (of course underwear!!). "Alright I'm dressed, you can turn around again," Ayame chuckled.

Dabi turned around and glared at Ayame. "You forget that we now share a room so you can't do that anymore."

Ayame rolled her eyes. "Whatever, it's my room anyways," she said before she laid down on her bed. She watched as Dabi played with some fire in his hand. "How long?"

Dabi turned to Ayame, giving her a face of confusion. "What?"

"How long did you have those scars?" Ayame asked, she used her quirk and held onto one of her golden strings, playing with it in her hands.

"Years," Dabi responded, putting the flames away and laying on his bed, closing his eyes.

Ayame nodded before going silent. She closed her eyes until her phone rang. When she looked at her phone, she realized she had fallen asleep, half an hour had passed. Ayame looked at Dabi, he was sound asleep, she answered her phone. "Hello?"

"Ada? Is everything alright?" Shoji asked.

Ayame sighed, rolling her eyes a bit but smiled a little. Shoji was nice to her, she didn't think of him as a friend but, as an acquaintance. His intentions were never bad, which is what she liked about him.

"Yeah Sho, I'm fine, things have been hectic recently. You know, with my mom and everything," Ayame said, giving a fake sad voice.

Little did Ayame know, Dabi was wide awake and listening to the conversation. 'Who's Shoji?' He thought to himself. Dabi felt a weird tightening in his chest. He wasn't... jealous.... was he? 'No that's impossible, I've only known her for a few hours.'

"Hey I've got to go Sho, my brother just told me that my mom woke up, I'll call you right back," Ayame said before hanging up. She sighed, rubbing her temples.

Dabi frowned but stayed silent.

Ayame laid back down on her bed, she noticed that there was a little red on her bed sheets and she mentally cursed to herself. Taking off her bedsheets and grabbing a pair of underwear and shorts before heading to the washing machine room. She put her sheets in the machine and went to the bathroom, changing before walking back to her room. Her bed didn't have any sheets or covers but when she laid down, she fell asleep instantly. A few hours had gone by and Ayame was still sleeping. She suddenly woke up, Ayame sighed and tried to fall back asleep but she heard a quiet shuffling. Slowly, Ayame opened her eyes to look at the clock, she realized that it was 2:00 am, Ayame then looked at the direction of where the shuffling came from. Ayame's face went bright red when she saw something she didn't expect.

 Ayame's face went bright red when she saw something she didn't expect

Ayame wasn't surprised when she saw that Dabi was in good shape. What did surprise her though was that she could feel her cheeks getting hot? 'HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!' Ayame screamed in her head. 'I've known this guy for a day! Why am I blushing so much?! it doesn't make sense!!' She thought to herself.

Dabi had his back facing Ayame as he took off his dirty tee-shirt. He was thinking about how he acted around Ayame today. That wasn't his normal personality, he was more closed off than that. But with Ayame, he opened up more than he usually did. The thing that weirded him out the most was that he didn't mind it. Then for some strange reason, Dabi felt as though he was being observed. He grabbed one of his new long-sleeved shirts from the bags and started putting it on, but the feeling of being watched made him feel weird and he turned around while putting his shirt on.

 He grabbed one of his new long-sleeved shirts from the bags and started putting it on, but the feeling of being watched made him feel weird and he turned around while putting his shirt on

Before Ayame could react, Dabi turned around and they locked eyes.

"How long have you been staring at me?" Dabi asked, arching one of his eyebrows at her.

"I-I um... I just woke up, why do you ask?" Ayame stuttered.

"You know you're shitty at lying right?" Dabi rolled his eyes, smirking a little before laying down on his bed, still looking at Ayame.

"Shut up..." Ayame rolled her eyes. "Why are you up?" She asked, curious.

Dabi shrugged. "Took a nap a while ago and now I'm fully awake. And what are you doing up?"

Ayame thought for a moment before she felt a shiver go down her spine. She looked at her bed before realizing that she forgot to take her bedsheets out of the washing machine. Ayame must've woken up because she was freezing.

Dabi frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I must've woken up because I'm freezing cold right now," Ayame chuckled to herself. "Whatever, I'll be fine."

"Don't expect me to snuggle with you," Dabi rolled his eyes. He never got cold, considering his quirk involved hot fire, he was always warm.

Ayame chuckled before laying back down, she tried to act like she wasn't cold, but really, she was shivering.

Dabi noticed this and hesitated before slowly getting up and walking over to Ayame. He noticed she was shivering uncontrollably. He paused before sitting next to her and laying down.

Ayame started to feel warmer, she opened her eyes to see Dabi sleeping right next to her

Ayame started to feel warmer, she opened her eyes to see Dabi sleeping right next to her. She quietly scooted closer to him and she felt warmer. She closed her eyes and slowly fell asleep.