Chapter 21

Ayame and the rest of the league walked through Kurogiri's gateway and they walked to the apartment building. Everyone was silent as they walked inside.

"How did it go?" Dabi asked, sitting up and looking at Ayame.

Ayame gave Dabi a small smile before taking the rose out of her hair and setting it onto the kitchen counter and standing by the window. 

"Toga, could you explain what happened?" Shigaraki said, sitting on the couch, glaring at his sister.

Toga suddenly went off on a rant, describing the situation in great detail. She talked about how Ayame called Overhaul cute, as well as she called Dabi her boyfriend, how Overhaul turned a daisy into a rose and gave it to Ayame, Overhaul killed Magne, how Compress lost his arm and how his quirk stopped working. and then Ayame saved Overhaul from getting killed. As Toga kept talking, Ayame watched at Dabi's eyes went from confused, to anger in a second.

"What the hell were you thinking Ayame?! Flirting with the enemy?!" Dabi yelled, slowly trying to get up. Toga quickly ran to his side but he held up a hand to stop her. He walked over to Ayame and glared at her. "Are you kidding me? A rose?" He glared, picking up the flower and turning it into ash with his fire. "Do you want to be with him and not me?!"

That was Ayame's last straw, she turned to Dabi, tears in her eyes. "Are you kidding me?! That's like asking if I want to join the heroes. Which I most certainly don't! I have a reason for everything I did so will you all just shut up and let me talk?!" Ayame yelled.

Everyone took a step back, they had never seen Ayame like this.

"The explain, how in the hell are you going to get out of the pit you dug yourself?" Shigaraki snapped.

"Did you not care about Big Sis Mag?!" Toga yelled, running over to Ayame and taking out a knife, holding it to her neck.

Ayame, at this point, was pissed, took a deep breath before answering. "I did it for the league, here, catch Shigi," Ayame said before taking out a small iPod and throwing it to her brother.

Shigaraki caught it with one hand and looked at it. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a tracking device. Why do you think I took Overhaul's hand when he helped pick me up?" Ayame asked.

"So you could put a tracker on him..." Toga said, lowering the knife and backing up.

"Yeah, what you call flirting with the enemy Dabi, I call strategic mannerism. I hate him, more than any of you can fathom. Magne and I might not have been extremely close, but I trusted her with my life. The fact that Overhaul killed her makes my blood boil, but he doesn't know that. Did you see the fact that I didn't react to her death?"

"Now that you mention it, I didn't notice you react to Magne getting killed, why was that?" Compress asked, taking off his mask.

"Because I want Overhaul to believe that I like him, that I'm on his side. It's also because of what he did to Compress," Ayame explained before taking out a small red cylinder with a needle on one end. "Overhaul is making a weapon that will soon permanently remove someone's quirk. I realized this when Compress lost his quirk after they got shot and after the white-cloaked figure said that 'at least we know they work'. It's the only reasonable explanation. The rose thing was only a ruse to make Overhaul think I was interested in him. I saved him because that would cause a mass war if Shigaraki killed him, which to be honest, is not needed right now and because that would make Overhaul trust me. I've read that the best way to get someone to trust them is to save their life. That's why I saved him. Believe me when I say that I want to rip off his arm myself as painfully as possible. Hate me all you want but understand that everything I do is for the league. You guys are my family, and I would never betray my family," Ayame snapped before heading to one of the apartment's bedrooms and slamming the door, laying on the rickety bed with tears streaming down her face.

Everyone looked at each other and instantly felt a ping of guilt in their hearts, especially Dabi.

Shigaraki stood up and walked over to Ayame's room but Dabi stopped him.

"Let me, I owe her an apology the most," Dabi said.

Shigaraki looked at Dabi before backing up.

Dabi grabbed the doorknob and opened the door, seeing a sad Ayame laying on the bed. "Hey, can I come in, I need to say something."

"If you've come to yell at me more then please just leave me alone," Ayame said, sitting up and wiping the tears from her eyes.

Dabi painfully walked over to Ayame and bent down on one knee and used his thumb to wipe away her tears. "No, I came to apologize, I should've never doubted you. I love you and I trust you. Just the thought of losing you made me scared, I never want that to happen. You're the best thing ever to happen to me. Ayame Shigaraki, You've made me whole again," Dabi said, smiling.

Ayame looked Dabi in the eyes and started to cry. "I never want to lose you either Dabi. My whole life I've felt lost and alone, living my life with part of my heart gone. Then when I met you, I felt like I could take on a million All Mights. I'd die for you Dabi, I'll kill anyone if that means you'll hold me in your arms. I love you, idiot," she smiled.

"I love you too Lovely," Dabi said before crawling into the bed with her and wrapping his arms around Ayame's stomach. "Boyfriend eh? I like the sound of that. Does that make you my girlfriend? I love the sound of that," Dabi whispered into Ayame's ear.

Ayame felt a shiver go down her spine. "I suppose that does make me your girlfriend," she said, turning around so she'd face Dabi. "Have we made it official then?"

Dabi smirked before kissing Ayame on the lips. When they pulled apart, Ayame smiled at Dabi before they both closed their eyes, falling asleep.