Chapter 33

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

Surprised I look at the man smiling at me. He looks a lot like my father but his grey hair is much longer and he wears it in a pony tail. "Have I died?" I ask. "What makes you think that?" The man asks amused. "You're Ojiisama right? And to my knowledge he's passed" I say. "It's nice to meet you Natsumi. Yes it's me and no you're not dead. You're dreaming" he says. "You look very much like Otosan" I say. Grandfather laughs. "Thank you" he says amused. "Why are you here Ojiisama?" I ask curiously. "Your father has been praying a lot" I look at my grandfather surprised as he isn't really the praying type. "He's very worried about you and your brother and he's been praying for guidance because he doesn't know how to help" grandfather days and I scratch my cheek as I feel really guilty. "So I thought I'd pay you guys a visit. I wanted to visit my adorable grandchildren anyway" grandfather smiles brightly. "I'm not hurting" I say quickly. "Insecurity is a form of hurting as well Natsumi." Grandfather says gently. "And I don't really see why you are" he adds. "I have to much to live up to. Otosan, my uncle ánd my cousin were and are Hokage. My mother was a very accomplished shinobi and so is my brother and you...you are my Ojiisama...how can I compete with that?" I ask, running my hand through my hair frustrated. Grandfather looks very surprised at first and then smiles so kindly and so gently. "You really are a kind child" he says as he reach over and places his hand on my head. "You're focusing to much on others when you should be focusing on yourself" he says. "You shouldn't compete with your family members." He adds. "I don't want to. But everyone is expecting so much of me. I just don't want to disappoint" I mumble. I look up when I feel his fingertips underneath my chin. "You will never, ever disappoint us as long as you do your best" he says smiling kindly before bending over to me. "Your grandmother and I are so proud of you" he whispers.

I walk out of my room, and lean against the wall to overthink the dream I just had. I see Kaiyo stumbling out of his room, and leans against the wall, though he seems very pale. Suddenly dad also walks out, leaning his hand against the wall. "What are you two doing up? It's the middle of the night" he whispers. "You're awake too" Kaiyo whispers back. "I just had a weird dream. Go back to bed" dad says. "I had a weird dream too" I say. "I did too" Kaiyo adds. Dad sighs deeply. "Alright. Go downstairs. I'll make us some tea before we wake up your mother" he says walking my way, and turning me with his hand on my shoulder. I walk downstairs and sit down on the kitchen counter as dad starts the tea and Kaiyo leans next to me. "What did you dream about?" Dad asks. "Ojiisama.. he came to visit me" I say. Dad stiffens. "You're kidding? He visited me too!" Kaiyo says. I look at him surprised and dad turns around. "So he's been a busy man huh?" Dad says softly. "Did he visit you too Otosan?" I ask. "He did" dad smiles sadly. "What did he say to you?" I ask. "It doesn't matter my love" dad says turning around toward the tea. "What did he say to you?" Kaiyo asks. "That in focusing too much on others when I should be focusing on myself. That I don't have to worry about disappointing my family because I won't and that he and obaasama are very proud of me" I say. Kaiyo smiles. "That's nice" he says as dad turns around again. "What did he say to you?" I ask. "That I should learn from his mistake and not keep everything to myself" Kaiyo sighs. "That I should talk to someone and take my time to grief. That he watched over my journey and is proud of the man that I've become. And that he and obaasama love me" Kaiyo says and lays his fingertips against his forehead as he chokes up. I look at dad who is smiling. "Otosan?" I ask softly. "He told me that I had nothing to worry about and that you are good kids." Otosan smiles sadly. "That I raised you well, and he wished he could be here for me and he loves me" dad sighs deeply. "Go to bed. It's late" he says suddenly.

I see Sakura's extremely sad face, I see Tsunade's lips move but suddenly I don't hear anything. Father, Naruto and Kaiyo are all extremely pale and at the same time their legs are giving in as they all fall onto a chair. Kaiyo is crying and Naruto is gritting his teeth angrily while dad just seems like he's trying to make sense of it all. I turn around and walk away. "Natsu!" Naruto says. "Let her be..." dad says as I start running. And I keep running as the tears run down my cheeks. I only stop running when I finally reach the training field where Inojin and his father look at me surprised. "What's wrong?" Sai asks. Even Inojin looks at me curiously. "Okaasan just died" I say, and feel my lower lip trembling. Both men frown. "I'm so sorry" Sai says. Inojin looks at his dad for a moment before he walks over and hugs me. I clench onto him as I cry freely. "I'm sorry" Inojin whispers as he rubs my back. "Is Kakashi-senpai still at the hospital?" Sai asks. "Y-yeah" I sob. "Inojin?" Sai asks. "go. I got this" Inojin says. He hugs me tighter when his father is gone. "I'm sorry to come to you like this..I just wanted to be hold by you" I sniffle. "That's alright" Inojin says softly as he wipes the tears from my cheeks. "I'm glad you thought of me in a crisis like this" he says softly before pressing a kiss on my cheek and then a kiss on my lips. I kiss back before pressing my face against his shoulder while my arms are wrapped tightly around his waist. Inojin holds me closely. "You want me to walk you back to the hospital?" Inojin whispers. "I don't ever want to go back there" I whisper. "Then we'll stay here" Inojin whispers. "I'm so sorry Natsu.." Inojin says softly. This might be the first time he ever called me Natsu. "I didn't see it coming" I whisper. "She was declared healthy" I add. "What happened?" Inojin asks as he runs his hand through my hair. "I don't know... I didn't hear..."