Chapter 18

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

I'm glad to be home. Ever since Denki and I got kidnapped, I couldn't have fun anymore. I was so ashamed, I'm much stronger but they caught me by surprise. It's oddly silent at home when I close the door behind me. I do hear stumbling upstairs when I take off my shoes. Silently I run up. "Kaiyo, please pull the blanket away" Dad says softly. I sneak toward my parents room, where the door is cracked open. I see Kaiyo pulling the blanket away, and father laying mom in bed, tucking her in. She's so pale, and frail. "Why didn't you tell me you were sick Okaasan" Kaiyo says softly. "I didn't want to worry you" mom says weakly. "Besides Tsunade-sama and Sakura have a great treatment plan. Because of them I'm going to beat this illness" mom says. "Tsunade -sama says she responds really well to the treatment. Father sighs. "So what? You were just going to keep this to yourselves and hoped that Natsu and I wouldn't find out?!" Kaiyo sounds angry. "We were going to tell you, eventually. But at your moms pace. She is the one who needs the treatment" Father says. "But we're your kids. We can help caring for her" he sounds begging now. "It's not your burden to bear. But for what it's worth. I'm sorry" father says, before looking directly at me. "I know you heard. You can come in now" he says. Reluctantly I open the door. "Okaerinasai!" Mom says, though she doesn't sounds as cheerily as she'd like. "Wh-what's going on?" I ask. "Just a little sickness. Nothing your mom can't handle." Mom says, smiling. "Okaasan needs her rest now. Go on" Father says. Kaiyo sighs deeply, kisses mom on her head and walks out of the room, pulling me along.

Carefully I place tea in front of Tsunade-sama as she checks mothers vitals. "You didn't have to come all the way here. You could've just told us you wanted to see me, we would've come to your office" Mom says. "Nojiko" Tsunade sighs, taking moms hand in hers. "You are very dear to me. I want to heal you, so you can be yourself again and care for your beautiful family" Tsunade-sama says, smiling. "You had treatment yesterday. You should rest as much as possible" Tsunade says. "How are you feeling, any nausea?" She asks. "A little, over all I feel fine. Little tired." Mom says. "How many rounds of treatment does she need?" I ask. "Hmm" Tsunade leans back in her chair. "About three. Then a small operation and after she's recovered she'll be back to her old self" Tsunade smiles. "Does Naruto know?" She asks mom. Mom nods. "I had to really retire this time. So I had to tell him" mom sounds sad. "I have to go. I brought you this" Tsunade places two small bottles on the table. "For your nausea and your energy. I'll see you tomorrow" I quickly walk her out but before I close the door I see Naruto and Hinata walking up the path. "Hi there Natsu. How was your field trip?" Naruto asks. "It was fine Ojisan" I say politely. He seems so sad. "Is your mother in?" Hinata asks. "She is. Come in" I let them in. "More visitors Okaasan, are you up for it?" I ask. "I am" mom says even though she looks tired. "Hokage-sama. Why have you graced me with your presence" mom says teasingly. "Stop that Neechan" Naruto sighs before hugging mom. "How are you feeling?" He asks, crouching before the couch, laying his hand on her forehead. "I'm fine. I'm not going to die any time soon Naruto-kun" mom says. "You better" Naruto mumbles.

"I hate seeing you like this, not being able to do anything" Fathers voice breaks as he lays his forehead against moms hand. "You're caring for me and the kids. You're doing enough Anata" Mom says softly. "I don't know what I'd do without you, my love" Father whispers. "I'm not going to die Kakashi. Sakura and Tsunade-sama promised us" Father shifts her hand from his forehead to his lips. "How can they promise that?" He whispers. "Because they're the medical experts" Mom says amused. "I love you so much" father says. "I love you" mom kisses father. "Excuse me" I say softly before walking in the room. "It's time for your medicine, Okaasan" I say. "Have you trained at all today, Natsumi?" Mom asks. "No." I say. "Why?" She looks at me sternly, taking the cup I hand her. I shrug. She takes the medicine before taking the other cup. "Your exams are coming up" Mom says. "Exams aren't important Okaasan" I say. "They are Natsumi. No slacking off for you. Starting tomorrow either Kaiyo, or your father is going to train you" Mom says sternly. "Yes Okaasan" I sigh. Father stands up. "Get some rest" I presses a kiss on mother's head before tucking her in. She's asleep before we even left the room. "How long is she been sick?" I whisper. Father lays his hand on my neck, before walking downstairs with me. "That doesn't matter baby. What matters is that she will recover" father says before kissing my head. As we walk down we see Naruto talking with Kaiyo. "Naruto" Father says, quickly pulling his mask back up. Naruto looks at us and smiles. "I wanted to check on Nojiko-neechan." He says. "I'm sorry, she's sleeping"  Father says. "Don't worry about it. I'll come and check in on her later. I'll go home for now" Naruto says, walking past us. "You're a busy man Naruto. You don't have to come by every day" Father says. Naruto looks over his shoulder and smiles sadly. "I can't lose her too, Kakashi-sensei. Of course I'll be here every day. Even if it's for a minute" with that he walks away.