Chapter 17

Hatake Kaiyo P.O.V.

Intrigued I look at my father peeling a tangerine. He's peeling it so carefully, making sure he takes off every piece of white thread. "Can I help you with something, Kaiyo?" He asks, without even looking up. "You know that tangerine is peeled now right?" I ask. "Hmm?" Father responds amused. I sigh deeply and lay my chin on my head. "You can eat it, Oyaji!" I say. "I'm quite delicate with these kinds of things" he says calmly. I sigh deeply and lean back in my chair as I watch him finally parting the tangerine. "You're so weird" I say, grabbing a peach from the fruit bowl on the dinner table. "Stop teasing your father Kaiyo" mother says as she walks by with the laundry basket in her hands toward the garden. "I'm not, have you ever seen this guy peel a tangerine?" I ask before taking a bite from the peach. "I have.  Everyone has his own method. I can recall a time  when you didn't mind him peeling a tangerine for you this way" she says winking before stepping into the garden to hang the laundry to dry. "She got you there son" Father says amused as he trows a piece of tangerine in his mouth. I scoff "yeah...well" I mumble embarrassed. Father chuckles. "You're not embarrassed now are you?" He asks. "N-not really" I say, looking away. "You were also very peculiar how we had to cut your sandwiches. It was very cute how you were standing next to us, holding our pants, asking if we would do it the right way" father says, smirking slightly as he leans back in his chair. "Ugh stop it Oyaji!" I say, embarrassed and annoyed. "Ohh your blushing son, something the matter?" He asks, grinning wider. "You're enjoying this aren't you?" I ask. "Very much" he responds.

The Hokage's office is empty, even though the lights are still on. I know Naruto is still here so I sit in the window frame, leaning against it while looking outside. I turn my head when I hear the door open. "Kaiyo? What are you doing at this hour?" Naruto asks surprised. "You're still here, Naruto-niichan. Shouldn't you be at home with your family?" I ask. "I should" Naruto sighs as he sits down in his chair and turns it toward me. "I should. I'm almost ready to go home" he says. "I see, then I'll leave you to it" I say, ready to jump back down from the window. "Not so fast. What are you doing here?" Naruto asks. "I needed someone to talk to..someone who isn't my mom or dad " I say. Naruto smiles. "Shoot" he says. I lean my head against the window frame and sigh. "How did you know, that Hinata-nee was the one?" I ask. Naruto chuckles. "It took me a long while to realize that. But it's something you feel" he says. "I don't think my parents are" I say. Naruto seems surprised. "Why?" He asks. "There's something going on. Even Natsu knows" I say. "Whatever going on between Nojiko-Neechan and Kakashi-sensei is between them" he says slightly strict. "But. It'll be fine. Every marriage has its ups and downs" he adds. I sigh again. "Isn't this about a girl hmm? Mirai maybe?" He asks. "What?" I ask blushing. "You can't have secrets from me Kaiyo-kun. I see how you two act" Naruto says teasingly. "I'll figure it out" I say. I chuckle. "Heard anything from Boruto?" I asks. Naruto shakes his head. "Haven't heard anything from Natsu either. It's not like her" I say. "She's probably having fun with her friends" Naruto says smiling.

"Sometimes I wish I was still Natsu's age. Things were much simpler back then" I say. "We're they?" Mirai asks as she scratches her ear. "I don't know" I sigh. "You're not going to like this, but you should let your parents figure out whatever is going on between them. That's not up to you." Mirai says. I look at her, slightly annoyed. "You know I'm right" she says. I scoff. "Speaking off, I have to go" I say, standing up and patting the dirt of my pants. "You're only going because I'm right" Mirai says grinning. "Perhaps, but I'm petty so" I say grinning before bending over and kissing her goodbye. "Later" I say, she just waves as I walk away. It doesn't take long before I'm home. It's silent when I walk into our home. I find my mother, sitting by herself at the dinner table, leaning her chin on her hand. "Okaeri" she says as she sees me. "Tadaima" I say, as I sit down across from her. "You okay?" I ask. She nods as she smiles slightly. "Are you and Oyaji okay?" I ask, frowning slightly. "Of course we are, why would you think otherwise?" She asks, a little surprised. "Because you've been fighting and we all feel the tension in the air" I answer. "We wouldn't have much of a marriage if a little fighting would separate us now would we?" I shrug. "If that's the case, we shouldn't have gotten married at all. We used to fight all the time" Mom seems amused. "If you say so" I say. "There's no need to worry. Your father and I are fine and will always be fine" she says. "But it's kind of you to worry" Mom adds. "I have a little sister I have to look out for. So it's only natural" I smirk slightly. "You're also a dick. You're lucky you're my son and I love you" she says, standing up. "I'll go make some tea" she pats my shoulder as she walks past me.