Chapter 35

Hatake Natsumi P.O.V.

It's like I'm bathed in light and warmth. I squeeze my eyes shut, before opening them again. My mother smiles at me. "Natsumi" she says kindly. "Okaasan?" I ask as I sit up. "Okaasan!" I say before hugging her. "Hi sweetheart" she says hugging back before softly pushing me off. She stands up and helps me up as well. Next to her is standing a man, he smiles kindly and looks very much like my mom, but also very much like Naruto. "Minato-Ojisan?" I ask a little surprised. "Nice to finally meet you, Natsumi" he says smiling gently as he offers me his hand, which I shake. On the other side I see my grandfather. "Ojiisama?" I ask. He really looks like Otosan. "Hi there princess" he says before pressing a kiss against my forehead. "What are you doing here Natsumi?" Mom asks. "I'm not sure where I am actually" I say, looking around. "What is the last thing you remember?" Minato asks. "I got these kunai from Naruto-Ojisan. They were yours I think, or Okaasans " I say, I frown slightly and Minato smiles brightly. "And I was trying to use them, by myself because no one knew exactly how to use it and I fell into the river... I can't really remember what happened after" I say. "I'll tell you the secret of the kunai" Minato says. He bends over and whispers into my ear how to use it. He then stands up straight and puts his hand on my head. "Now you know how to use it. Use it well, Natsumi" he says. "It's not quite your time yet, sweetheart" mom says gently. "I don't want to leave you" I say, taking her hand. "I'm always with you" mom smiles as she kisses me. "I don't want to go" I say, as I hold her tightly. Mom flicks my forehead, causing me to shoot backwards. I see Minato putting his arm around mom's shoulders as they all wave, before everything turns black.

"Sakura!" I feel that I'm being carried, and I'm soaking wet. "Sasuke-kun? What happened?" Sakura asks. "I saw her floating in the river, blood coming from her head. I think she hit her head and passed out" Sasuke says. I feel a hand on the back of my neck, and a hand on my shoulder as I'm being pulled back. "Oh god, oh lord! Oh please don't be dead" she says as she puts her fingers against my neck. "What's wrong?" Sasuke asks. "It's Natsumi. It's Kakashi-sensei's daughter" Sakura says as she pulls me from his arms. "Why are you panicking?" Sasuke asks. "Kakashi-sensei's  wife passed last week. He can't lose his daughter too" Sakura says before slapping my back. I start coughing and she turns me on my side so I can cough out all the water. "That's it..wake up now Natsumi" Sakura says as she softly slaps my cheek. It takes a little while but then I'm finally able to open my eyes. "There you are!" Sakura says as she sighs relieved. "What were you doing there all by yourself?" Sakura asks as she strokes my cheeks. "Training" I say hoarsely. I suddenly sit up. "My kunai!" I say. "Take it easy" Sakura says, grabbing both my shoulders. "These?" Sasuke holds up three of the kunai. "Yes! Thank you for taking them" I say. "Come on, let's get you to the hospital" Sakura says. "N-no!" I say quickly. "We gotta check you out Natsumi, you nearly drowned" Sakura says. "I-I'm fine" I say. "Mama, papa? What happened?" Sakura asks as she walks up. "Your father saved your friend from drowning, and she doesn't want to go to the hospital" Sakura says. "I'm very thankful but I'm really fine" I say. "Why don't you want to go?" Sarada asks. "I just can't.." I say softly. Sakura frowns. "I'm sorry Natsumi" she says, putting her hand on my shoulder. "At least let us take you home" she says softly.

I look up at the stone heads. "Natsumi!" I put my hands in my pockets when I hear Boruto's voice. "Sarada told me what happened, what the hell were you thinking?!" He asks. I glance at him. "I was training" I say. "What training is important enough for that? Haven't our family been through enough? Your mother was buried just last week!" Boruto says. "You think I don't know that?!" I say as I glance at him sharply. "Then why?" Boruto asks. In a movement so fast that it's barely seen  I throw Minato's kunai right above his stone head. Boruto didn't see it so he's still looking at me. I make the hand signs Minato told me and I disappear from my spot and appear right at where I threw the kunai, grabbing it in the process. "Huh? Natsu?" Boruto says, looking around. I whistle so he looks at me. "How did you do that?!" He shouts. I throw the kunai back and appear back next to him. "Naruto-Ojisan gave me these kunai. They once belonged to my mother, and your grandfather-my uncle- before that. He thought it'd bring me comfort" I say. "But no one was able to tell me how to use it, other than a regular kunai. Otosan told me the basics but he never learned the jutsu and all the people that were able to, have died" I say. "So you just tried it by yourself?" Boruto asks. "Basically yeah" I say, shrugging. "I thought It'd bring me closer to my mom" I say. Boruto scoffs. "It did almost literally" he says. "Yeah. But I do know how to use it now" I say smiling. "How?" Boruto asks. "I'm going to keep that a secret" I say amused. Boruto sighs deeply. "Listen Natsu" Boruto says. "Everyone is hurting very much about your mother's death. If you died too, I think some wouldn't survive it" Boruto says. I sigh deeply. "I know. It wasn't my intention to hurt myself. I was just trying to get back to normal, because it's been such a rollercoaster inside" I say.