Chapter 15

Hatake Kaiyo P.O.V.

I peek at Mirai, who's standing a few feet away from me, talking with our former team mate Emiko and Asuka and Chizue, former team mates of my friends Sogo, Ginjiro and Harue. We decided to take a little trip to a small village nearby for the festival that's in this town and stay at a hot spring inn. It's been a while since we all had a few days off at the same time. "This was supposed to be a guys trip" Sogo mumbles annoyed. "Relax. The baths are separated and we can go our own way at the festival too" I say cheerily. "You only say that because you have the hots for Mirai" he says running his hand through his red hair. "It's your chance to get closer to Emiko" I say grinning. Sogo rolls his eyes. Harue and Ginjiro walk over and call the girls over to us. "So, boys room and girls room" he says handing one of the girls a key of their room while he keeps one. "I suggest we hit the baths after we dropped our luggage. We meet up for dinner and hit the festival" he says. "Too bad it's separated baths... right Kaiyo-senpai?" Chizue asks, obviously flirting. This causes Emiko and Mirai to look at her annoyed. I just raise an eyebrow. "Not really, lets go boys" I say, turning around and walking towards the rooms of the inn. "It's been way to long since we did something like this" Ginjiro sighs. "Life of a shinobi I guess" I say, dropping my bag. Its a Japanese style room, which we expected and is totally fine. We lay down the tatami mattresses and make the bed because we're probably too tired tonight. I lay my bag on my bed and wait for the others to finish so we can go down to the baths together.

I sigh deeply as I descend into the hot water. I wade over to the fence and lean my arms onto the rocks behind me. I look up at the sky listening to the girls talking behind me. "He was always popular, but I really forgot how hot he was" I hear Chizue say. "And tall" Asuka says. "Emiko-chan, Mirai-chan, you must know" Chizue says. "Must know what?" Emiko asks, obviously annoyed. "Is Kaiyo-senpai single?" I can imagine the looks Emiko and Mirai are giving each other. "He's not single" Mirai says. I smile slightly. "Oh man" Asuka sighs. I can't hear the rest of the conversation as Ginjiro, Harue and Sogo get into the water also. "I know it's been a while since we saw everybody" Ginjiro says. "But damn some of them dried up well" he adds. I laugh loudly while Harue looks at him annoyed. "What, it's true right?" He says. "That my friend, is right" I say, slapping his shoulder while I'm thinking of Mirai. "So you're making a move tonight?" Sogo asks grinning. "I might" Ginjiro says smirking. "Relax my friend. Maybe it's time to make yours too" I say, leaning my forearm on Harue's shoulder and wink. He sighs deeply. "Perhaps" he says, but we do detect a small smirk, causing the rest of us to whoop and laugh. "Oh...seems like we won't be having the bath to ourselves Yamato. I look up and my face immediately turns annoyed when I see my dad standing at the edge of the bath with a towel around his hips and a small covering his lips and nose, Yamato standing next to him. "Lord sixth!" The others say slightly surprised. "What are you doing here Toosan?" I ask, annoyed as he descends into the water. "I had a meeting with Yamato" he says as his face turns relaxed. "Don't you worry. I'll be going home before dinner" he says amused. "You're annoying" I say, shoving water toward him.

With my arms full of sweets and chips I walk into the girls room. "I knew we could count on you for sweets" Emiko laughs. "You haven't changed at all" I drop the sweets. "I have too" I say pretending to be offended. "You have not" Harue says grinning as he throws down his card, winning this round. "Oh man!" Asuka, Sogo and Ginjiro exclaim. "You're playing too right?" Chizue asks. "Maybe later. I'll be right back" I say. I open the back door of the room and see Mirai on the engawa. I close the door behind me and sit down next to her. "Why aren't you inside?" I ask softly. "I like the views of the stars in small villages like these. I just took a moment to look at them. I was about to come inside" she says. I lean my hand behind her. "Were you now?" I ask. "I was" she says looking at me. I lift her chin with my index finger and kiss her softly. "I was waiting for you to do that" she whispers smiling. "I was too" I smile before kissing her again, longer this time. She nibbles my lower lip, not long after our tongues find each other. Suddenly the door opens. "Seems like it's getting real hot and heavy around here..." Chizue sounds really annoyed, but I take my time to end the kiss and look up. "Is it?" I ask, closing one eye. She arches an eyebrow and I grin. "Allright we're coming in" I say. I purposely kiss Mirai again before getting up. Mirai blushes heavily when the boys start clapping. "Come one guys" I say grinning. "This is you just as much" Mirai says shoving me before sitting down next to Emiko. "Okay deal!" I say. Harue starts dealing the cards. I look over my cards and Chizue is suddenly a lot closer to Ginjiro, while Asuka finds Harue much more interesting. Even though Sogo is sitting right next to Emiko, they're both focussing on their cards but they are blushing. Mirai saw it too, we grin toward each other but focus on the cards as Ginjiro starts the game.